Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:20:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I invest (safely) in Bitcoin for the long term?  (Read 4155 times)
rollsroyce (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:11:30 AM

Today price of bitcoin is 3800 dollars so if you want to buy bitcoin now you can do itm but invest only you can afford to lose . Bitcoin is good for longterm and for sure if you hold bitcoin for few years you can earn a lot of profit because maybe next month the price become 5k dollars and it will continue to increase again. You can store your bitcoin in coinbase they  base on Us dolllars and this wallet is very safe.

Coinbase has major security issues. Trading is difficult enough. Hackers stealing your Bitcoins on a daily basis is too much for me.

I have just finished reading the article in Fortune.com (Hacking Coinbase: The Great Bitcoin Bank Robbery)
http://fortune.com/2017/08/22/bitcoin-coinbase-hack/

Coinbase was successfully hacked 30 times in a month. That is an average of once a day.

i have been Googling Coinbase.  They are having appalling reviews about not paying customers, blocking access to their accounts, and not responding at all to emails or phone calls etc.

Some customers are saying that any big deposits are blocked from withdrawals and then the customers are blocked from accessing their accounts.

No Coinbase for me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 06:41:37 AM

Today price of bitcoin is 3800 dollars so if you want to buy bitcoin now you can do itm but invest only you can afford to lose . Bitcoin is good for longterm and for sure if you hold bitcoin for few years you can earn a lot of profit because maybe next month the price become 5k dollars and it will continue to increase again. You can store your bitcoin in coinbase they  base on Us dolllars and this wallet is very safe.

Coinbase has major security issues. Trading is difficult enough. Hackers stealing your Bitcoins on a daily basis is too much for me.

I have just finished reading the article in Fortune.com (Hacking Coinbase: The Great Bitcoin Bank Robbery)

Coinbase was successfully hacked 30 times in a month. That is an average of once a day.

i have been Googling Coinbase.  They are having appalling reviews about not paying customers, blocking access to their accounts, and not responding at all to emails or phone calls etc.

Some customers are saying that any big deposits are blocked from withdrawals and then the customers are blocked from accessing their accounts.

No Coinbase for me

What the hell I supposed that is the last exchange that will be hacked, I'm afraid if coins.ph also will be a victim of that hackers or they will turn a hackers themselves, at any rate this will not solve the issue I think it is better to just save your BTC for a really long term like holding 10BTC in 14 years and exchange it someday when the exchange is righteous.
BitDiscussion

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:51:01 PM

No Coinbase for me

What the hell I supposed that is the last exchange that will be hacked, I'm afraid if coins.ph also will be a victim of that hackers or they will turn a hackers themselves, at any rate this will not solve the issue I think it is better to just save your BTC for a really long term like holding 10BTC in 14 years and exchange it someday when the exchange is righteous.
Well you may be right. But I think this will not be an easy job to do. For me, buying the Bitcoins and keeping them in my wallet is the best way to hold the coins for the long term. I think your coins will be safe and sound in your own wallet. Just wait for the right time and sell your Bitcoins to have desired amount of profit.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:08:31 AM

No Coinbase for me

Well you may be right. But I think this will not be an easy job to do. For me, buying the Bitcoins and keeping them in my wallet is the best way to hold the coins for the long term. I think your coins will be safe and sound in your own wallet. Just wait for the right time and sell your Bitcoins to have desired amount of profit.
I store my bitcoins in online wallet (coins.ph). All of my bitcoins are in there and I know that it is safe because it is very trusted wallets. I can easily cash out and convet my bitcoins to fiat money because of that wallet.
rollsroyce (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:39:50 AM

No Coinbase for me

How to lose $8k worth of bitcoin in 15 minutes with Verizon and Coinbase.com

https://medium.com/@CodyBrown/how-to-lose-8k-worth-of-bitcoin-in-15-minutes-with-verizon-and-coinbase-com-ba75fb8d0bac
rollsroyce (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:46:07 AM

No Coinbase for me

Some recent reviews of Coinbase. These reviews are so bad.

https://au.trustpilot.com/review/coinbase.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: