Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:38:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I asked Chipotel to accept Bitcoin... RESPONSE!  (Read 1413 times)
joae1975 (OP)

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 11:26:33 PM

Original Comment:

You should accept bitcoin as payment. Please use the company "Bitpay" to set it up. I don't not work for them, I have no financial interest in them. I'm simply a user of bitcoin and you're the only restaurant I eat at as regularly. Thank you

Response:

Thanks for being such a fan and for the suggestion to use bitcoin. We don't have any plans to accept this as payment, but I'll be sure to pas your suggestion along to the powers that be. We appreciate your support and hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely,
Cara

Cara Egbert | Customer Service Consultant
Chipotle Mexican Grill

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 11:29:20 PM

Original Comment:

You should accept bitcoin as payment. Please use the company "Bitpay" to set it up. I don't not work for them, I have no financial interest in them. I'm simply a user of bitcoin and you're the only restaurant I eat at as regularly. Thank you

Response:

Thanks for being such a fan and for the suggestion to use bitcoin. We don't have any plans to accept this as payment, but I'll be sure to pas your suggestion along to the powers that be. We appreciate your support and hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely,
Cara

Cara Egbert | Customer Service Consultant
Chipotle Mexican Grill

Thanks for trying, send it every week and get all of your friends to do the same.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
jaywaka2713

Activity: 266

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:20:03 AM

This is the best thing that has happened since McDonalds.

BitCoinUser123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:51:44 AM

Chipotle refusing to accept BTC at the moment is the best thing that has happened since McDonald's?

If I've been able to help out, donations are always welcome.

BTC: 1QGwEHYTdwwRU1BitLCTB5y2rdf3Sexjw7
jaywaka2713

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:37:17 AM

Chipotle refusing to accept BTC at the moment is the best thing that has happened since McDonald's?

No, having it recommended to their higher staff is.

BitCoinUser123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 03:35:34 AM

Ah, understood.  I really wasn't trying to be critical there, but I scratched my head hard as to what your meaning was.

Agreed, I think it would be amazing if I could go into Starbucks or Chipotle or wherever and pay directly with BTC using my phone.

If I've been able to help out, donations are always welcome.

BTC: 1QGwEHYTdwwRU1BitLCTB5y2rdf3Sexjw7
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:17:46 AM

It would have been a lot better if it said "we don't currently have plans, but..." Reading that seemed like an "we haven't even given it any thought, so good luck on anything happening anytime soon, if at all."

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:11:39 AM

It would have been a lot better if it said "we don't currently have plans, but..." Reading that seemed like an "we haven't even given it any thought, so good luck on anything happening anytime soon, if at all."

I'd wager that Bitcoin is still generally unknown to the majority, though it is steadily gaining traction.  But at least they've now been introduced to them.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:59:23 AM

Hehe. "Restaurant", hehe.
dandirk

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:22:30 PM

We do have those in our area... though the thread title reminded me of one of my favorite movies...

Chip o'Toole

joae1975 (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 02:46:08 PM

I emailed Subway too, but I really don't eat there.  No response from Subway yet.  I work for a huge chain corporation.  The next time I see the big wigs walking around, I'm going to ask them to pay me in bitcoin, LOL!

yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 03:00:13 PM

Anarcho-libertarian looneys are so funny. Completely separated from reality. You really think that if you spam working people with moronic emails they will start to like stupid bitcoins? They will begin to hate you, idiots. You want your cripto-dreams to come true? Then go and produce something useful. Grow cattle and sell meat to Chipotle for bitcoins. Go grow some coffee beans and sell it to Starbucks for bitcoins. All these goods are not teleported from Mars into your local stores. They are produced by hard workers who need to eat every day, live somewhere, take care of their kids, and pay with fiat for all these services.

Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 03:03:38 PM

It would be interesting to have a payment provider that works more instant.

An online wallet where you keep around a small amount of BTC and use to for insta payment. Basically you load the wallet and when you get to the POS, your BTC have long been confirmed and you then convert your BTC from THEIR wallet immediately to a price changing every 30 mins.

Nice dream, but it should be possible. Bitpay as far as I know needs you to send a transaction for a purchase. An online wallet loadable with small BTC amounts would make such a thing redundant.
joae1975 (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 03:34:25 PM

Anarcho-libertarian looneys are so funny. Completely separated from reality. You really think that if you spam working people with moronic emails they will start to like stupid bitcoins? They will begin to hate you, idiots. You want your cripto-dreams to come true? Then go and produce something useful. Grow cattle and sell meat to Chipotle for bitcoins. Go grow some coffee beans and sell it to Starbucks for bitcoins. All these goods are not teleported from Mars into your local stores. They are produced by hard workers who need to eat every day, live somewhere, take care of their kids, and pay with fiat for all these services.

Eventually this could be a reality.  I've thought about offering my farmer bitcoins for my meat and eggs.  I'm not sure he'd know what they are.  If I had a product to sell, I'd accept only bitcions.  You're right, the revolution would really take hold if producers only accepted bitcoin.  That would be the *ish!

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:07:01 PM

I'd wager that Bitcoin is still generally unknown to the majority, though it is steadily gaining traction.  But at least they've now been introduced to them.

With it being in the news and such, I'm sure they knew at least a little, :p.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:32:16 PM

...You really think that if you spam working people with moronic emails they will start to like stupid bitcoins? ...

Yes. In fact it is the best way to get the attention of businesses. Most of the businesses that now take bitcoin came to it via their paying customers.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:34:59 PM

...You really think that if you spam working people with moronic emails they will start to like stupid bitcoins? ...

Yes. In fact it is the best way to get the attention of businesses. Most of the businesses that now take bitcoin came to it via their paying customers.

This is true. Businesses do what they can to make things easier on their customers. If they didn't, people would just go elsewhere and they'd go out of business.

jaywaka2713

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:46:25 PM

There is one thing we can know for certain. Business won't add something if it isn't wanted.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: