Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:38:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinion about Ethereum, ICOs and the future  (Read 1046 times)
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:58:13 PM

In my opinion, Ethereum has a lot of opportunities in future. Ethereum smart contracts will implement into a real business, and it would be a second technical revolution. For example, Confideal project makes daily work of small business, large enterprises easier with their technology. It is an anonymous service, which allows you to carry out quick, cheap and safe transactions without the participation of third parties. The platform is based on Ethereum Smart Contracts that are optimized for use by non-programmers.
I think ethereum is one of the most popular cryptocurrency available in the market right now. Ethereum has features like smart contract and ethereum virtual machine (EVM) which makes it a very promising platform for ICOs.
Ethereum can offer very good returns in the near future as it is showing very good growth from past couple of years and I am expecting the price of ethereum to be above 2000$ in 5 years.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nothingbuttmoney

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:27:22 AM

I think etherparty is overhyped for some reason, also it was hacked. I prefer platforms with better support and security, like Confideal, don't you think?
Anna69

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:43:25 PM

I think etherparty is overhyped for some reason, also it was hacked. I prefer platforms with better support and security, like Confideal, don't you think?

Confideal can be ICO I'll believe. Good choice as for me
DamianHere

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:01:36 AM

But how to know what is behind the ICO? Whom to ask, where to read about particular one?
Most often it is possible on the project website
For example, ICO in which I plan to invest a confideal it doesn't hide anything

If they are not hiding, doesn't mean it's true. I mean they wont reveal all the mechanism of its ICO, only the greatest sides.
DamianHere

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:02:58 AM

Why? Its overhyped everywhere, seems like totally bullshit.
Nothingbuttmoney

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:06:36 AM

Yeah, it's overhyped. I could mean that they have good team and do all best to promote it. It's ok, it's business. But if it was a total bullshit - anybody wouldn't maintain such hype. People are not fools
imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 10:19:44 AM

Every day I see a lot of threads being posted here with a lot of similar questions regarding ICOs and the Ethereum platform. There are a lot of discussions about: "What will be the next big ICO?", "Why should I invest in an ICO?", "Are you going to invest in the XXXX ICO?", "Are ICOs scams?" and so on. What I see going on in those threads is that a lot of people enter them to promote their own projects (or to promote a project for exchange of bounties). Also, I see a lot of people that, for some reason, seem to hate the Ethereum platform, some that call it a scam, and some that call every ICO a scam.

These recurring subjects have led me to think about starting this discussion to point a few things that in my opinion should be taken into consideration. Of course, a lot of people won't read my entire message and will just answer "ICOs = scam" or "Ethereum = scam". But, if anyone wants to join this discussion, I think it would be helpful to people that are new to cryptocurrencies and are entering this world thinking they will become rich quickly with no efforts and no need to research and study a lot.

1. My first advice for everyone in this forum is to do your own research. Before investing in digital assets thinking that they represent a shortcut or magical recipe to become rich, please try to minimally understand the technology behind the cryptocurrencies and why they have been increasing in value since their introduction through Bitcoin in 2009. Try to understand the potential behind the blockchain technology and to read the most you can before investing in a coin or project.

2. There is Bitcoin, which is the first, the biggest, the most well established and most proven decentralized digital currency. The thing is I don't need to dislike or disbelieve Bitcoin in order to support other platforms, such as Ethereum. There are a lot of promising projects going on, and in a lot of cases they are not competing against each other.

3. From Ethereum.org: "Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference". Smart contracts recorded in an immutable blockchain have the potential to decentralize any kind of product or service exchange, eliminating trusted third parties such as Uber, Airbnb, banks, insurance companies, and so on.

4. The ICO (initial coin offering) model of fundraising introduced a democratic way for small investors all over the world to contribute to projects they believe in and get something in return, usually tokens or coins that have functions in the project product.

Before believing when you read something like "Ethereum is a pre-mined scam" or "the only use cases for Ethereum are scammy ICOs", you should question yourself about: how come so many people could have been deceived like this (if this were the case)? How come Ethereum has more than 20 billion invested in? The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance is the world's largest blockchain open-source initiative with members including Mastercard and Toyota.

So, what is going on? Why there are so many scams? How can so many teams that have no intention of actually building something useful be raising thousands or millions of dollars?

There is a lot of interesting things going on in the cryptocurrencies world. The project I follow the most closely is Ethereum and I believe there are a lot of promising features coming in the near future, with the use of state channels (Raiden Network), the adoption of proof-of-stake, the Metropolis release, the Plasma framework whitepaper released, and so on. I also try to study and to follow the updates on some other platforms. I have interest in knowing more about DAG-based technologies, such as IOTA and Byteball, and other blockchain applications platforms, such as Lisk, and there is a lot to study and learn. And a lot of promising projects are being built on top of the Ethereum network, and a lot of them are using ICOs to fund themselves.

The big problem is that, along with the promising and disruptive initiatives and blockchain applications, a lot of scammers and opportunists appear.

So, my advice is: the best way to avoid mistakes, bad decisions and scams is to know what is behind the coin or project you are thinking about investing in. Don't believe everything you read, especially when it involves high profits promises and stuff that are too good to be true. And, also very important, don't invest money you can't afford to lose, as this market is still on its beginning and high price fluctuations are very common.

Great post mate and I whole heartedly agree with you and your sentiment. I just wanted to add to you and say about the recent mass of airdrop coins which have been getting created and issued recently:

Many of these airdrop coins are most certainly going to simply disappear/become worthless in a very short space of time - though it is an absolute guess I predict by Christmas this year a lot of them will be weined out - and while the opportunity of a wuick buck seems really too good for many to turn down I really want to emphasise to everyone that these coins being thought up by some teenager between school days are majoritively NOT worth your ether. You're not going to get rich quick by buying, for example, a million eLTC and HOLDING (I refuse to use the term hodl).

If you really want to just throw you ETH away you may aswell just pick a user on this forum and donate to their wallet. These tokens can be great if you get in on the airdrop bt I would really advise against spending any ETH on them until the weak ones have been weined out.

While many have 'roadmaps' and 'whitepapers' they actually serve no purpose whatsoever and a little picture of their logo on a credit card does not give any indication of legitimacy.

IF you genuinely want to invest in a new coin, as mentioned by Duartefig, do your research, find a project which speaks to you , as an individual, and then keep an eye on it. Very few people have success with the whole just throw ETH at it and hope for the best method and by buying into these coins you're just giving more incentive for half assed coins to sprout up.

This is a problem for the crypto world as a whole and, in my opinion, it is one that needs to be addressed due to the fact that it is really taking away credibility from the legitimate projects out there at the moment.

I made a post before and said that we need unity right now, we need to, as a community, come together (hey hey) and recognise that, as long as we stay in this seemingly wild west phase of crypto, we will not get mass adoption and reach the goals which blockchain technology can!
DamianHere

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:41:39 PM

Yeah, it's overhyped. I could mean that they have good team and do all best to promote it. It's ok, it's business. But if it was a total bullshit - anybody wouldn't maintain such hype. People are not fools

No, people are fools, girl.  They just gathering around the biggest hype - like Confideal has
HappyPirate

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:11:48 PM

No, people are fools, girl.  They just gathering around the biggest hype - like Confideal has

you can't say for sure that it's bullshit unless you try. so check out https://confideal.io
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:14:53 PM

I'm not really into ethereum but think the smartcontracts were a great idea. I think eth won't be rising for a while, especially when btc is making it's run.
dacryptomoney

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:22:20 PM

I think that Ether will also rally in the coming future, just like Bitcoin has done. It's ability to be outside government regulation and yet create a meaningful impact and value for people is what I believe will be the reason for it's ascent in future.
BitcoinPicasso

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:41:08 PM

In my opinion, Ethereum has a lot of opportunities in future. Ethereum smart contracts will implement into a real business, and it would be a second technical revolution. For example, Confideal project makes daily work of small business, large enterprises easier with their technology. It is an anonymous service, which allows you to carry out quick, cheap and safe transactions without the participation of third parties. The platform is based on Ethereum Smart Contracts that are optimized for use by non-programmers.

totally agree!!! it's much more affordable than btc for example in all ways.. I also invest some money in eth but i try to make for myself a  diverse portfolio

This is what Ethereum was supposed to be.. Unfortunately without massive code changes the virtual machine in eth will not be able to handle businesses apps because it does not scale. Fortunately for us EOS is going to change that with parallel processing. Its currently in ICO stage and cheaper than ever. I think Eth has seen its day for now, the smart money is going on the competitors.

donotlean

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:49:25 PM

i congrulate you,you talked about main trading rules.You are so right about researchs and ICO's there are a lot of people who invest his own money to unknown company.unfortunatly they learn hard

NaissuR

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:10:58 PM

In my opinion the future of the ICO's will be in other platforms
there are better platforms like Komodo, that will run all the coins on that platform with fully Zero knowledge + atomic swaps + fiat gateways + jumblr anonymization
or Cardano, that will run regulated ICO's for more important things like government related things

BitcoinPicasso

Activity: 134

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:14:56 PM

In my opinion the future of the ICO's will be in other platforms
there are better platforms like Komodo, that will run all the coins on that platform with fully Zero knowledge + atomic swaps + fiat gateways + jumblr anonymization
or Cardano, that will run regulated ICO's for more important things like government related things

Like I said, the competition is stiff. I'm in most of the competitors that are worth their salt. I have some eth too but I use it for ICOs.

Argoo

Activity: 2240
Merit: 223

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:32:38 AM

I couldn't agree more. Yes, the Ethereum has the great potential in future if it keeps on developing and growing. It could be implemented not only in the crypto-world, but also in reality.
Apart from that, with regards to ICOs I think their number will be increasing and increasing because there is no officially accepted regulation how to manage them, and, as the result, the majority of ICOs are scams, in fact.
ICO is really decentralized, so it does not have a single management center. However, I do not agree that in the future almost all of them will be fraud. In the near future, the states will take measures to regulate the circulation of the crypto currency. At the same time, most of them will envisage measures to regulate the process of issuing original coins (ICO) in order to prevent possible fraud and protection of the rights of investors and other persons who participate in the ICO, because indeed such a problem has matured. Therefore, in the future, I hope ICO will remain decentralized in terms of project selection, organization and implementation, but the risks of fraud in it will be diminished.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Nothingbuttmoney

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:52:29 PM

I changed my mind.
ETH is quite good. My only fear was to loose my tokens. And now, while buying ETH coins and sending it to confideal ico smart contracts, I feel very safe

Franko30

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:59:27 PM

I also see that we have too much scammy and foolish ICOs, and it's a biggest problem in nowadays, in my opinion. I really hope that regulations from government or self-regulated ICOs will come and we will have less amount of ICOs at all.

Firstly I was really impressed about Ethereum platform, but not now. I little doubted about it

I changed my mind.
ETH is quite good. My only fear was to loose my tokens. And now, while buying ETH coins and sending it to confideal ico smart contracts, I feel very safe

As I know Confideal also adapted their product to another ecosystem - MARK.SPACE
viramarket

Activity: 262

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 11:36:28 PM

I think that Ether will also rally in the coming future, just like Bitcoin has done. It's ability to be outside government regulation and yet create a meaningful impact and value for people is what I believe will be the reason for it's ascent in future.
I heard the news that Krypto the Russian ruble will build on Ethereum.
sky24

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:26:42 AM

I definitely agree that everyone needs to do their own research. People are so worried about being scammed that they are losing out of so many great opportunities to invest in ICOs that offer great returns on investments. ALWAYS do your own research. Never just trust someones word. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: