Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:39:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will ICO fundrising survive at 2018+?  (Read 1059 times)
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:22:44 PM

I think it will be alive and well but it feels like governments will step in more and more to try and protect their taxpayer's money.

This cracks me up so bad, it's funny cause it's so untrue.

Yes!!!  I can't believe people still believe governments are there to protect the 'common' person.  For the most part, people in big government are only there to get re-elected and/or accumulate power.  They're against ICO's because they've cut them out of the circle.  I don't like all the ICO's and I believe many of them are scams but I DO NOT want government to come in and regulate them.  All they'll do is create an expensive and convoluted licensing process to create an ICO... and even worse they'll create an expensive and convoluted process to be able to participate in them.

Can you invest in Uber today?  No... because if you want to invest in Uber you have to be an accredited investor; meaning have a net liquid worth of $1MM or earn more then $200K annually.  So you can't just send .5 ETH and own a piece of the company.  Why... because that would erode the power of the elite.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Balmain

Activity: 2086
Merit: 681

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:37:21 PM

This might be the last year for golden era. It will survive but hurt a lot. You better make some money this year, we won't see same market next year.
Money always flows, whether IPO's, ICO's or whatever name in the future. This business is growing more and more every day.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
Arkann

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 11:52:04 PM

The need for an ICO is always there. Its conduct is well supported by investors, and demand should always generate supply. I see no objective grounds for holding the ICO to be suspended or terminated. The holding of new ICOs can not significantly affect the events on its prohibition in China, even if this is not a temporary measure. Therefore, next year and in the near future, the new ICO, I hope, will only please us.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
DigiAset

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 02:43:04 AM

For 2018, I believe it will survive. Later on, I have some doubts. At the same time, decentralized ICO project has potential, we will wait and see Smiley

Yes, Decentralized ICOs are the future. We too focusing to start good potential projects in blockchain technology.. Soon DigiAset will issue the road map with future plans and projects..
tfot123

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:59:37 PM

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well! I’m the community manager for Pally and just wanted to invite you to join the discussion on our bitcointalk thread and telegram group. We’re a decentralised social travel platform, have existed since early 2016, have live products out and got successfully through our pre-sale in 11 minutes in August. Hope to speak to some of you. Our ICO starts Oct 15th 2017

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2100229.0
https://t.me/icopally
www.pally.co

You can also try out a BETA version of the app
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pally-the-app-for-friendly-internationals/id1206993633?mt=8

Kind Regards,
Tanya
Community Manager
Drizzlepistol

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:05:06 PM

just some scam ICO die. many good ICO I believe still can live more than 5 years. Centra, KickICO, Vibehub...

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
RandomEvent

Activity: 146

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:11:18 PM

It will certainly survive, it will be harder and there will be more legal hurdles. You cannot really stop crowdfunding, you can make ICO's prove they are not a security and restrict how they raise money but you won't shut them down completely.
smith136

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:19:19 PM

probably poverty is the cause of most scam ICO cases in china, if you look on other countries specially in first world countries there are a lot of ICO but less scam cases even if the ICO fails. I think it ICO program is still viable for 2018 up to 2020, successful ICO tend to have more profit than scamming out people.

Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:15:17 AM

Re: Will ICO fundrising survive at 2018+?

There are so many fears and rumors around ICO. I think that ICO format is very convenient for projects as well as for investors. There are too many scam ICOs and I understand what is the point of the governments fear. But I wonder what do you think about ICO in 2018+. Will it survive?

Probably not for those which are not issued in a more compliant way.

Study the facts.

Investors are risking legal and criminal culpability for illegal selling on unregistered exchanges.

Crackdowns are coming eventually. China just the first salvo of what is coming from regulators in major nations.

Steem started dropping when the Poloniex wallet got disabled for "maintenance". That was 2 months ago, and I think when a lot of people realised they couldn't withdraw their Steem from Poloniex, they sold it for bitcoin, which they could withdraw. And the Steem price hasn't really recovered, because the wallet on Poloniex hasn't been re-opened.

It's a shame when exchanges mess with coins like that.

That’s an example of what is going to happen to all ICO issued tokens when the delistings come forth.

And STEEM is still trading on Blocktrades and Bittrex, so imagine the utter collapse towards 0 of the STEEM price if it had been delisted from every significant exchange.

Everybody going to get plenty of warnings but they will ignore the warnings of course.
ployfit

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:22:08 AM

There are so many fears and rumors around ICO. I think that ICO format is very convenient for projects as well as for investors. There are too many scam ICOs and I understand what is the point of the governments fear. But I wonder what do you think about ICO in 2018+. Will it survive?

More regulation can be published by the economical institutions of governments. They don't want projects to collect money via crowdsales from the citizens.

2018 will be a hard year for ico fund raisers.
Arkann

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 01:53:15 AM

Let's hope that all these prohibitions of ICO by individual countries are aimed at achieving a positive effect on the regulation of its implementation with a view to reducing risks and protecting the rights of investors and are temporary. Therefore, it is to be hoped that the successful ICO next year will be significantly more than this and we will be able to participate in them without significant risk.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:04:50 AM

With all the issues that are hounding the ICOs, I still think that ICOs will still last past 2018. While there are scams, the majority are still legit projects and ICOs of these projects are either sold out or almost sold out. Investors know how to tell a scam ICO from a legit one. After all, it is their duty to look at closer at ICOs currently offering tokens.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████