Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:30:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherdelta was HACKED  (Read 483 times)
ninis45

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:56:52 PM

manchester93 may I ask where did you get information people still losing their Tokens?

On Twitter.

I just don't understand how to withdraw the ETH using MEW. When I use the "withdraw" function I get "Warning! Error encountered during contract execution [Bad instruction]" and the transaction doesn't confirm. Why?

The "deposit" function works fine, but obviously that just puts more in the smart contract.....

EDIT: Found the answer. Need to use proper unit. https://twitter.com/EthereumBlue/status/943925235098816519

Glad to have my funds safe now. I can finally sleep! Smiley
until now MEW is safe as long as you are not careless in using private keys, and withdrawals can be done with MEW, before that we must pull our token first from etherdelta

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:39:37 PM

As at the time the hacking incident happened I had logged in to Etherdelta with my private key. At the moment I heard the news, I withdrew my last batch of tokens and logged out while the orderr was been processed. I got my tokens in MEW a day later and all my funds are intact as at now. But Im still scared, am I safe?

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
deathwish

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

Enjoy the journey...Live in the now...Future will

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 07:49:59 PM

This is scary. A Exchange itself getting Hacked. Its one of the man platforms for Ethereum.
They should be ultra secured in their infrastucture. I hope the private keys of people are not stolen. That would be a disaster for ETH.

imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:05:18 AM

As at the time the hacking incident happened I had logged in to Etherdelta with my private key. At the moment I heard the news, I withdrew my last batch of tokens and logged out while the orderr was been processed. I got my tokens in MEW a day later and all my funds are intact as at now. But Im still scared, am I safe?

Same here, I also logged in on etherdelta with my private key and tokens but good thing that my balance is still there after the hacking incident has passed.  I guess etherdelta is now safe and ok to use because I don't see any warnings on their site.

If I did not go to EtherDelta for 5-6 days, my deposit on the exchange as well as my MEW wallet is safe? Hackers just collected private keys from those who directly imported them to the phishing site, right?

it is stil safe but I think it is advisable to change your username and password on Ed,mew,metamask or any other wallets you use to link your Ed because hackers may have now access to Ed's database and they can now access every users credentials and account.
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:34:37 AM

manchester93 may I ask where did you get information people still losing their Tokens?

On Twitter.

I just don't understand how to withdraw the ETH using MEW. When I use the "withdraw" function I get "Warning! Error encountered during contract execution [Bad instruction]" and the transaction doesn't confirm. Why?

The "deposit" function works fine, but obviously that just puts more in the smart contract.....

EDIT: Found the answer. Need to use proper unit. https://twitter.com/EthereumBlue/status/943925235098816519

Glad to have my funds safe now. I can finally sleep! Smiley
until now MEW is safe as long as you are not careless in using private keys, and withdrawals can be done with MEW, before that we must pull our token first from etherdelta

Of course, this is just to remind us that etherdelta isn't a wallet for you to store your coins but this is a trading platform. After you trade, kindly withdraw your coins and just store it in MEW and just deposit again if you wanna trade again and don't mind if there's any fee.
This hacking incident is just a wake up call to all of us that there's nothing safe anymore so be cautious enough with all our actions.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
bboyjohn

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:30:30 AM

Is there any new from EtherDelta? They still hacked? or fixed the problem?
I got some tokens in my EtherDelta. I want my tokens back.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
anigoweb

Activity: 364
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:58:23 PM

On December 22, they reported that everything was restored and the exchange started working in its regular mode in its Twitter account
karabiber

Activity: 1358
Merit: 651

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:24:32 PM

etherdelta is back, you can use it again. i tried and there is no problem on my side. they changed dns servers it's working good now. check out their twitter for latest news.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:08:33 AM

better use metamask to do all your ethereum dealing to avoid phishing attack usually imposing as MyEtherWallet.com, new release of firefox uses less memory to run, quit good to run metamask on it, brave also good minimalist browser with BAT wallet on it

AltMoses

Activity: 420
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:46:05 AM

On December 22, they reported that everything was restored and the exchange started working in its regular mode in its Twitter account

EtherDelta @etherdelta
Dec 22

*IMPORTANT* We are also gonna make a series of educational effort and UI/UX changes to make sure users know how to identify phishing attempts in the coming weeks.

EtherDelta@etherdelta
Dec 22

*Announcement* EtherDelta is back!

EtherDelta @etherdelta
Dec 21

*IMPORTANT* Also note deposits can only be accessed through user's individual private key via the EtherDelta contract. If you had *NEVER* imported your key on the imposer's phishing site, your deposit should be safe.

EtherDelta @etherdelta
Dec 21

2/2 *IMPORTANT* Please note if you were using @metamask_io or hardware wallet on EtherDelta, your funds are completely *SAFE* from the phishing attack.
babykika2027

Activity: 715
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:24:51 PM

I have used etherdelta a few hours ago, and it's safe, my advice if you want to import account do not use your main account, make a special eth wallet to trade in etherdelta or use add on metamask, still we have to be careful after the incident hacked yesterday
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: