Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:35:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins as long-term investment ?  (Read 999 times)
chicobr

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:05:12 PM

Stratis is best altcoin for long-term investment. I believe it can reach the top. over eth. Just waiting more update from dev

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:47:56 PM

I think you should diversify your portfolio as there are many altcoins which can show very good growth rates in future like ETHEREUM, LITECOIN, RIPPLE, WAVES and STRATIS. These altcoins can show growth in future as these altcoins are very very popular.
It is not only that he has to diversify his portfolio about altcoins but also he has to identify which altcoins are very good to invest in. I know those that you've mentioned are quite good enough in comparison to Bitcoin that is, but also he also needs to learn on how to earn those altcoins by not undergoing on just buying them. I mean, there are lot of ways to earn those altcoins, by different campaigns that is. Since Ethereum is 2nd to Bitcoin so, it is advisable to just find Tokens that have been forked in ETH, seemed to be more profitable.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:54:42 PM

Right now 99% of my holdings are in BTC, the other 1% ETH.

I´m looking to diversify my portfolio a little, the thing is I´m not a trader, I would like to invest in other crypto with the same mentality I follow when I buy bitcoin, which is basically buy, hodl and forget about them. Are there any altcoins that match this criteria ? Or this mentality applies mostly to bitcoin ? I don´t intent to keep checking prices every day.

I was thinking maybe 70% BTC, and 30% equally divided between LTC, ETH,RIPPLE and others.

For me the best alts outside bitcoins are ethereum, gridcoin and siacoin. I think investing in ripple is risky, good product and all that, but the fact that the developers have control over the coin, makes it a very scary prospect.
djsugar

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 05:56:37 PM

Comparing altcoins on one scale is definitely not right. There are vast varieties of altcoins available including some preferred long term investment, some short term and some for day trading. Usually the top 10-20 are best for long-term holding. They have large cap and are quite popular, such coins experience volatility but once dump can recover easily. Short term holdings are usually best for ICO tokens, and some medium cap coins. Day trading are best for pump and dump coins. Risk increases with shorter time period.
Himanshu111

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:01:48 PM

Most of the altcoins available in the market are not fit for long term investment but there are some of the altcoins like ethereum, monero, litecoin and dash which have alot of potential and can show growth in future without any doubt.
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:06:59 PM

Maybe you should buy some more Ethereum. Its good for your longterm bag, the price follows BTC in the most times! I also invested in Waves, Ardor and Stratis! I am going to chill these bags for a long time. Crypto will be great in the future guys! Smiley
pambud

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:19:34 PM

I hold 40 %  my money in Bitcoin and 20 %  I invest for long term in Waves and Ethereum , and sometimes I buy  my 20 % in Litecoin, Dogecoin and Stratis.
PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:36:12 AM

I´m looking to diversify my portfolio a little, the thing is I´m not a trader, I would like to invest in other crypto with the same mentality I follow when I buy bitcoin, which is basically buy, hodl and forget about them. Are there any altcoins that match this criteria ? Or this mentality applies mostly to bitcoin ? I don´t intent to keep checking prices every day.

I was thinking maybe 70% BTC, and 30% equally divided between LTC, ETH,RIPPLE and others.

Apart from investing in Bitcoin, altcoins are also a very useful long-term investment and it can be profitable. There are many types of altcoin on the cryptocurrency market, but we have to choose the most potent altcoins to be able to make a lot of profit. I usually choose based on the growth rate of each type of altcoin, the supply of reserves is clear, reputable and many people traded. Eth is a very good and potential altcoin, this is a lot of people know. Besides I also recommend Dash and Ripple, I think they are very potential and suitable for long term investment. This is just my personal opinion
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:42:33 AM

I hold 40 %  my money in Bitcoin and 20 %  I invest for long term in Waves and Ethereum , and sometimes I buy  my 20 % in Litecoin, Dogecoin and Stratis.

You have made the good distribution of your money. Even I have almost similar sort of diversification for btc and ETH. Only for altcoins I do not invest in LTC, Stratis. Rather I go with Ripples, Monerao , ZCASH. If some times I feel the altcoins are being dumped I sell the coins and buy later when again its available at lesser price.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:48:03 AM

This is a good strategy, but in my opinion, Bitcoin should be at least 80%. Alts like LTC and ETH will rely on Bitcoin prices anyway so a further 15% should be in those established ones. I feel even 5% in "potentials" that cost say, less than $5 is enough, as you are banking on these rising much more over the long term. Holding these require more research and a bit of luck, but I might say you are in "safe hands" if you go for the ones with constant development. I too do not like checking every day and just hold.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
VenessaShillerqzx

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 05:52:25 AM

For me the best alts outside bitcoins are ethereum, gridcoin and siacoin. I think investing in ripple is risky, good product and all that, but the fact that the developers have control over the coin, makes it a very scary prospect.

Can you please explain what kind of control devs have over ripple?

C
Finally C is!!!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: