Bitcoin Forum
November 22, 2017, 02:31:16 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: who buys on amazon  (Read 1703 times)
curmbox

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 06:55:25 PM

have you purchase a mining rig from amazon ? How was the process ?

http://Faucet.EverGreenCoin.org/?r=4589
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
imacoinman890

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:14:36 PM

Just Make one Its Easy
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 1932

A new tool for prediction https://bitvol.info/

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 07:37:41 PM

a gpu rig or a bitcoin asic mining rig?

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
abeandund

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:42:21 PM

Do your research on amazon before purchasing an asic/gpu.  Prime or fulfillment by amazon, no worries.  "just launched" sellers be skeptic theses days.  ALways check out the sellers history and try to contact new sellers before purchase.  If they don't respond to a buyers question they probably won't ship a listed product.  You do always have the A-Z warranty but you do have to typically wait until every possibility of a product arriving if a seller has not been delisted or storefront disabled prior.  There are legit sellers on amazon and their history will reflect that, but when those sellers have items they typically go quick.
EmmaWillson

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:18:46 AM

Amazon is good all-round. The only problem I saw was the price. Maybe I haven't looked for a very long time, but it seemes to me taht you can find distributors with better price options. However you need to watch out for scam. But if you are alright with a little overpriced items for the guarantee of security - go for it 100%.
helen_davis87

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:31:29 AM

Amazon is good all-round. The only problem I saw was the price. Maybe I haven't looked for a very long time, but it seemes to me taht you can find distributors with better price options. However you need to watch out for scam. But if you are alright with a little overpriced items for the guarantee of security - go for it 100%.

A little bit overpriced? It's not a little bit. There are some fair priced items, but to be honest, it's only the case for "Only 3 left in stock - order soon." type of situation, when they drop prices significantly. Otherwise, the margin on distribution via amazon is quite high.

karmakeddon

Activity: 252

And the forest whispers her name..

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:42:54 AM

Purchasing thru Amazon should be ok as long as the seller is Amazon itself. If that is not the case, orders fulfilled by stores like Newegg are fine too if being offered on the Amazon site. Be wary however of newer sellers with less than 10 reviews on them, even though it is good. Always look for reputable sellers with at least 2 years of experience selling online since those ones are easier to talk to and they have an easier time fulfilling orders.

leowonderful

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:42:42 AM

Price hunting is always best. R/buildapcsales on reddit is a place where you can skim for deals, Newegg is a nice one if you want to pay in BTC. Never buy a rig, but buy parts to make one yourself for best value. Amazon often doesn't have the lowest price and hunting can save you a lot.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:21:06 PM

If you're building something for bitcoin mining this advice is basically impossible to follow.

Selling seconds 2Pacs for a friend's med bills - PM for details
Currently in development - 20-120GH USB stick; 700GH 75W pod; 4TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
leowonderful

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:12:54 PM

If you're building something for bitcoin mining this advice is basically impossible to follow.
The thread sidetracked into Altcoin territory (so this should be moved) but that advice does apply for just alts. Bitcoin mining with rigs is now impossible for any sort of profit, though. Question was a little ambiguous.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Ign08

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:29:51 AM

I guess the conclusion here would be:
if you want to buy from amazon - choose a seller, who's been on the market for a while. But be prepared to overpay for the whole convenience.
If you don't want to overpay - good luck searching.

but, here is what bugs me
Never buy a rig, but buy parts to make one yourself for best value. Amazon often doesn't have the lowest price and hunting can save you a lot.

Suggesting people to build there own from parts isn't always the best advice. Many people simply don't want anything to do with assembly (me personally). There is a type of people who when touch technology - just destroy it. Although it might be cheaper overall, but there is also a price on your time and mental wellbeing.

Every time I try to assemble anything with myown hands, I end up screaming "pendejo!!!"
helen_davis87

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:44:27 PM

I agree with  Ign08 about not wanting to assemble your own miner from parts. I'm willing to pay a bit more to save myself some nerves, they have their own price, you know.

Every time I try to assemble anything with myown hands, I end up screaming "pendejo!!!"

I feel you. Some of us are born with a curse - cannot tinker with electric or mechanical equipment, for our own and everyones else sakes.

patofet

Activity: 56

Ethereum geek

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 11:03:32 AM

I think it's better to build your own rig, I buy several rigs in a local shop and it's cheaper if you assemble by your self

The knowledge token: http://witcoin.io
BitTeo

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:33:18 AM

Love amazon for assistance , i think is the best for shopping , but price is high .

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
leowonderful

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:22:14 PM

I guess the conclusion here would be:
if you want to buy from amazon - choose a seller, who's been on the market for a while. But be prepared to overpay for the whole convenience.
If you don't want to overpay - good luck searching.

but, here is what bugs me
Never buy a rig, but buy parts to make one yourself for best value. Amazon often doesn't have the lowest price and hunting can save you a lot.

Suggesting people to build there own from parts isn't always the best advice. Many people simply don't want anything to do with assembly (me personally). There is a type of people who when touch technology - just destroy it. Although it might be cheaper overall, but there is also a price on your time and mental wellbeing.

I suck at assembling furniture and all those things other people are good at like puzzles, but computer hardware is truly made to be pretty user friendly. Most things just slide in place, and the most difficult thing for most people is cable management and properly spreading the thermal compound correctly. By buying prebuilts you pay (in my opinion) an unreasonable amount of money for assembly that takes a few minutes. It’s your choice in the end, but mining is about profits and prebuilts cut into that, no?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Jameslanin

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:25:46 PM

Bough few rigs from amazon, no problems at all, as always.
Hargav

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:54:57 PM

Lots of items on amazon are very overpriced.
bitcoinguy123

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:27:05 PM

Never bought any mining rigs off amazon, but I have saved a boatload purchasing things on amazon by trading btc for amazon gift cards.  For a while I was charging 50% but I didn't have a lot of hits, but I had enough hits to cover some random pricey things I needed for business that I was in no rush to obtain.  Main thing was to not use your main account and used a disposable account to check and load the gift card balances.  Not for the faint of heart though, its risky for sure especially if your new at it.
sunk818

Activity: 106

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:03:10 PM

Lots of items on amazon are very overpriced.

Bought a USB asic for $10 more on their web site. They didn't take credit card only btc or ltc. Also bought on amazon because they will stand by if the seller is shady. You pay a premium if you have low trust but want assurance.
parkers

Activity: 62

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:34:01 AM

First of all check, the seller info contact him to make sure if he is reachable. Most of the rings are Overpriced.
karmakeddon

Activity: 252

And the forest whispers her name..

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:38:01 AM

What sunk818 said is true. Amazon does have excellent customer protection and will try to get your money back in a refund even if the third party seller shafted you. For cheaper deals however, I do recommend going to Newegg for parts and peripherals. They do accept BTC and in there, you will get the literal bang for your buck as they are significantly cheaper priced than Amazon.

bongpanit20

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:36:16 AM

amazon is a good online store but regarding to mining rig. i will not recomend it to buy as a package because of its over pricing,  mining rig is very simple to make but what you need to know  how to build it,
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:07:22 PM

I buy a lot on amazon even have a prime account for free shipping, it all depends on what you want to buy ... I also don't just buy there I shop around sometimes I find the best deal on Amazon some times don't ... Ebay is another good place some times not all ways ...as for mining gear there are better trusted Places then Amazon or Ebay but with Ebay you can get lucky and get some nice deals on mining gear if you catch them in time before it's gone it's rare but you can get them on ebay .

On Amazon i haven't seen any miners worth the money they want yet, but I keep watching you never know ...

I order a lot off New eggs as well, if it's GPU your after that's your best place.!!! rebates, great returns no question asked ,,,an  if you buy one of the NEWEGG PREMIER plans or try it free if you haven't tired the free 30 day trail yet, do , it covers everything, it's a really sweet deal to have.
deathland113

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:47:02 AM

With Ant miners all over price. We can't get original price as show on their website.
Such as L3+ I can get it immediately at $2k6
Original price at 1k7

◆▬▬▬ MICROMONEY ▬▬▬◆
TOKEN CROWDSALE - 18TH of OCTOBER 2017
ZedZedNova

Activity: 334

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:46:18 AM

Not a rig, but a GekkoScience Compaq USB miner. It was a while ago and the dealer had a decent amount of positive feedback. The Compaq was a great entry point into the Bitcoin ASIC mining world for me. I still have it, and it's still mining dust for me.

GbrilliantQ

Activity: 75

ƃqɹᴉllᴉɐuʇb

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:17:52 AM

Not for ASICS.  I did buy a bunch of other things for my farm, like pdu's, network switch's, 30a sockets... etc. Typically you can purchase an asic cheaper off ebay if you have to.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:21:04 AM

With Ant miners all over price. We can't get original price as show on their website.
Such as L3+ I can get it immediately at $2k6
Original price at 1k7

That's the Problem kind of, if bitmain didn't sell to the public we wouldn't know the real price ..... makes you wonder what other stuff actually sells for to vendor's/re sellers ...I know it's a lot cheaper, i owned a business once ... an yea selling something for 2k that cost 1 k is nothing more then pure greed .... 100 % mark up and they get it because of supply and demand....

next year might be a lot better if Japan is able to make and sell a 7 nm chip, china will no longer matter as far as ASIC mining gear goes .....

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/japanese-company-will-launch-new-bitcoin-mining-operation-with-7-nm-chips-cm844523
https://bitconnect.co/bitcoin-news/806/japanese-bitcoin-mining-just-became-more-attractive/

The nice thing Japan is s free nation protected by the US so things might just get better for mining next year .
N00bMiner33

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:40:04 PM

I bought all the pieces for my first rig on there and it was great.  I ended up returning all of them and paid $20 for shipping.  the pieces didn't work well and i realized the GPU cards i had were shit and would not give me a decent return.  I like amazon, but do your research and ensure your buying from a reputable seller. 

ECH Ref: https://ethconnect.net/ref/N00bminer33
Homer Allman

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 05:19:53 PM

newegg is a great place for hardware. I'm getting my mother board there

Tyddesigns.com now accepts bitcoin as payment.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.