Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:00:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question on Mining with Avalon 6 miners - AUC & cord  (Read 2396 times)
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:10:32 PM

Yes, there are a couple of postings in the forum on how to do this. Basically you attach sda and scl to the appropriate pins on the Pi, ensure ground is attached, then fire up cgminer with some sort of option to find the Avalon and go.

If people really need help I can find it, but search should be your friend on this one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 10:14:55 PM

Here are the instructions how to do it without the AUC2.

https://www.cryptouniverse.at/run-avalon-6-miner-without-auc2-converter/

dsh

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:06:19 PM

Yes, there are a couple of postings in the forum on how to do this. Basically you attach sda and scl to the appropriate pins on the Pi, ensure ground is attached, then fire up cgminer with some sort of option to find the Avalon and go.

If people really need help I can find it, but search should be your friend on this one.

Here are the instructions how to do it without the AUC2.

https://www.cryptouniverse.at/run-avalon-6-miner-without-auc2-converter/

Thanks and thanks Smiley
Jonesman439

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:40:30 AM

I had the same problem with the AUC to USB cable being impossible to source.

The solution:

Use a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and solder the I2C bus on the Pi itself directly to the connectors/AUC plug on one of your miners. You should solder pins 3/5 for SDA and SDL on the Pi, no pullup resistors required. And also GND (Pin 39 on Pi) to one of the GND pins on the AUC connector on the miner. (1 or 4).

You need to start cgminer with "--avalon4-iic-detect" for this to work.

I added this parameter to /etc/init.d/cgminer like this :

if [ "$_pool1url" != "" -a "$_pool1user" != "" -a "$_pool1pw" != "" ]; then
       POOL1="-o $_pool1url -O $_pool1user:$_pool1pw --avalon4-iic-detect"
   fi

Hello lib1337,

thank you for instuction. I have the same setup with Avalon 6 and Raspberry Pi 3. I have one question. How to configure the cgminer and add the "...iic-detect"? I have no idea and try a lot.

Thank you Smiley
creampuff124

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:37:46 PM

I had the same problem with the AUC to USB cable being impossible to source.

The solution:

Use a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and solder the I2C bus on the Pi itself directly to the connectors/AUC plug on one of your miners. You should solder pins 3/5 for SDA and SDL on the Pi, no pullup resistors required. And also GND (Pin 39 on Pi) to one of the GND pins on the AUC connector on the miner. (1 or 4).

You need to start cgminer with "--avalon4-iic-detect" for this to work.

I added this parameter to /etc/init.d/cgminer like this :

fi

Hello lib1337,

thank you for instuction. I have the same setup with Avalon 6 and Raspberry Pi 3. I have one question. How to configure the cgminer and add the "...iic-detect"? I have no idea and try a lot.

Thank you Smiley

Hi Jonesman439,

Here's what I did.

First you have to setup your mining i.e. you have flashed the latest Raspberry Pi firmware, connected the AUC to the Avalon 6, connected the I2C pins to your board as shown on this site: https://www.cryptouniverse.at/run-avalon-6-miner-without-auc2-converter/ , connected your power supply and ethernet cable to the Raspberry Pi, and connected the PSU to the miner. Then connect the Raspberry Pi to a monitor with an HDMI cable and connect a keyboard. Turn on the Avalon 6 and the Raspberry Pi. On the monitor you should see the boot-up and if you press the enter key you should see the BusyBox built in shell.

To edit the cgminer file type:

vim /etc/init.d/cgminer

and press enter. This will allow you to edit cgminer. If you scroll down you will see the code:

POOL1="-o $_pool1url -O $_pool1user:$_pool1pw"
     fi

add the "--avalon4-iic-detect" so the code now reads:

fi

I added this edit to POOL2 and POOL3. To exit vim just press :x and then enter. You can edit this in any SSH, such as putty.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: