Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:00:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: question about intial Bitcoin fork price  (Read 248 times)
eugenedo1206 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:12:36 AM

Hello. I asked the same question on reddit and received a variety of answers, but there wasn't clear consensus among people. Does anybody know what kind of initial price should I expect for the new Bitcoin fork?

--------- original reddit post ---------------
I am relatively new to Bitcoin (new to Reddit too), have learned a lot of Bitcoin and invested some money on Bitcoin. I just have a specific question about Bitcoin fork price. How is the initial price of the coins determined at fork? If Coin A with price 500 forks into Coin A and Coin B, does it get split in two, say two coins with the initial prices 200 and 300, or does the price gets duplicated, Coin A with price 500 and Coin B with Price 500? Or is the initial fork price completely arbitrary, theoretically ranging from 0 to zillion? Or does the developer of the the coins determine the initial fork price? Enlighten me please, Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:01:20 AM

I know only one thing that whatever happens bitcoin's price is not going to change. It will remain the same as before. I heard that the new coin's  name  will be bitcoin gold. I think the developers of it decide its initial price before adding it to exchanges. They are not going to split bitcoin and its not like bitcoin's price will split like bitcoin 2000 dollars and bitcoingold 2000 dollars. Bitcoin gold will be a separate cryptocurrency created via a fork of bitcoin network.
sweetdesirez

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:01:15 AM

Hello. I asked the same question on reddit and received a variety of answers, but there wasn't clear consensus among people. Does anybody know what kind of initial price should I expect for the new Bitcoin fork?

The price can be the same as btc on the day to literally zero based on multiple factors. Anyone can fork Bitcoin at any point of time and if there is no takers, the value will be zero. However, as forks are usually done by major players, the invest a lot in the proportion and create interests and hence will have some users to quite a number of users. The more the users, the more the price escalates.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 906

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:23:24 AM

I am relatively new to Bitcoin (new to Reddit too), have learned a lot of Bitcoin and invested some money on Bitcoin. I just have a specific question about Bitcoin fork price. How is the initial price of the coins determined at fork? If Coin A with price 500 forks into Coin A and Coin B, does it get split in two, say two coins with the initial prices 200 and 300, or does the price gets duplicated, Coin A with price 500 and Coin B with Price 500? Or is the initial fork price completely arbitrary, theoretically ranging from 0 to zillion? Or does the developer of the the coins determine the initial fork price? Enlighten me please, Thanks!

The market demand and supply would eventually determine the price of the forked coin,but at the start
the most important factor about the coin price is the hash power and how many miners are supporting the coin by mining.The developers can only try to manipulate the coin price,by increasing the demand.

TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 10:29:56 AM

Bitfinex has already started trading futures on it and current price indicates that the market expects a new forked coin to be worth $1,100. However, I still think the outcome of this is not clear enough to take that valuation seriously yet but it will be worth looking at nearer the time.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: