Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:33:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of ICOs that were definitely SCAMS  (Read 1164 times)
DaveMallettJSE

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:32:23 PM

I don't try to follow ICOs from a scam list, rather than this, I judge them on my own, by looking at their white paper and business papers. This will definitely give me an idea about them. Also, thir team gives us information whether or not the project will be a scam.

This is refreshing to read. I wish that this approach could become a rule for posting as opposed to uninformed comments dominating threads.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:46:34 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 07:58:09 PM by HashFace

Not exactly what you are looking for,  but this list notes "dead coins" and quite a few are listed as pure ICO scams ... The dev. took the deposits and dissapeared, never produced anything.  Ziber is a recent one I remember, and it's on the list as an ICO scam.

http://deadcoins.com/
asymmetricMustache

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:49:17 PM

Chronologic
Actually I am not sure if it qualifies as a scam, since you could see from their whitepaper that they had nothing to offer, just made up a useless token to raise money.
They sold a useless token that the only function is to generate more tokens with the passing of time. they created a self moderated thread here in the forum and deleted every message pointing their problems.
they had the ico without the contract of the token (you basically could send them eth and get nothing in return) and were able to raise over 6 million dollars.
some days after the ico they decided to actually develop the token but they made a mistake in the deploy, so they had to recreate it after the token was already being traded.

it has been one month since the ico and investors got nothing. the chronologic team even messed up the contract deploy and had to issue two versions of the token already: https://blog.chronologic.network/2nd-deployment-of-day-686dd4f058b7

I don't know if it was a scam or a joke
MarioLuck990

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:49:55 PM

Is too early to know if some of them turnout to be scams, at the moment looks that all ICOs work hard for the end products. It will take more than a Year to know if some are scams, we will know for the simple projects at least .
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:26:54 PM

if the total supply is more than 100 000 000 for ico target more than 1 000 000, it's a scam!!!

because it's overvalued even if the project and team are serious!!
germa66

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 09:28:27 PM

It is very difficult to distinguish ICO and its original cheating, but recently I found ICO branded as a fraud by ICO list, but I can not say the ICO.

cenicsoft

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2017, 11:21:17 PM

I don't follow new ICOs nowadays because it is impossible, it is certain that a lot of ICOs now are just scam or they will fail in the future. It will be bad for investors.

You don't follow news on ICOs, only promote them (signature campaign)?

Exactly why this place has become useless. At least there's a token for useless.

Also, the posts that respond with nothing to add. The original poster asked for a list of ICOs and all everyone is posting is drivel about how they don't follow ICOs or don't know the answer so that their signature campaign can show.

I'll at least respond with something helpful to the original poster's request:

Check Smith & Crown's website. They point out the ones to avoid.

BannerCoin - officially trading on EtherDelta.
BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
eddysachs

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:50:28 PM

The best measure to take before investing in any ICO is to do the best of due diligence. Evaluate the project and come up with valid points why you think its attractive to any customer, study the road maps and research reputable partnerships behind such ICO. This way you can convince yourself better to or not to invest, it makes no sense rushing to invest if you cant provide solid reasons for investing.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: