Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:20:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: freebitco.in "Browser Mining" - is it worth it?  (Read 20688 times)
Lane11

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:57:49 PM

If you want to have a look at the apps I am talking about, then search for :

1 -- Alien Run.
2 -- Blockchain Game.
3 -- Free Bitcoin.
4 -- Abundance.

All apps are from developer Bitcoin Aliens.
ya you have to sit & play it. actually pay attention. no thx. i got bored in 10 mins of alien game. its wastes too much of real time. I dont see see how is sitting & wasting time on games is better than to turn on miner 24|7 & go out or go eat meal? Miner lets you to have life & hobbies & dont ruin your eyes with concentration on when to jump in game
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:15:54 PM

Miner lets you to have life & hobbies & dont ruin your eyes with concentration on when to jump in game

This form of mining costs more in resources than you get in satoshis, is it that difficult to understand? In other words, there is no point into doing it if there is nothing to gain -- that should make sense, right? People get excited about browser mining, but they ignore the costs involved (costs that initially aren't visible). At the end of the day, everything being mentioned here (even the apps I came up with as example) are nothing more than a waste of time. You're far better off just getting involved into lending, which is really a form of passive income that gets you at least some returns.
Myfe

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 11:50:50 PM

Miner lets you to have life & hobbies & dont ruin your eyes with concentration on when to jump in game

This form of mining costs more in resources than you get in satoshis, is it that difficult to understand? In other words, there is no point into doing it if there is nothing to gain -- that should make sense, right? People get excited about browser mining, but they ignore the costs involved (costs that initially aren't visible). At the end of the day, everything being mentioned here (even the apps I came up with as example) are nothing more than a waste of time. You're far better off just getting involved into lending, which is really a form of passive income that gets you at least some returns.

You should share your cost calculations with us.

TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 03:37:33 AM

It depends on what hardware you have and how much your electricity costs but the calculations I've made it is profitable on an old i5 for me. This is just the extra electricity that the mining process takes so it dependant on the PC being turned on and in use already. Lending is also a good way to make passive income but of course, you don't to have capital to put at risk to browser mine.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:38:13 PM

i have opened there tab in one of my 1$ cloud VPS server !
and got after 1weeks about 2000Satoshi at my hashrate of 9h/s XD
so i would never use my own pc for this XD

kind regards
This amount is not worth of mining, but some people say that it is worth of mining if you have powerful CPU but somehow I am not convinced in whole story.
I am also not sure about something, if you saw that it's not bringing you income, why did you run miner for 1 week?
infinitybit

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:08:53 AM

Major update everyone... I have PROOF that the Freebitco.in "Browser Mining" app IS NOT a Bitcoin mining app but a MONERO mining app as some of you have suspected.

Here's how I found out...

1) My Malwarebytes blocked the app's domain from loading - I looked at the logs and see which domain that was... voila! It was https://authedmine.com which is powered by https://coinhive.com/

2) I went to that domain and got this because I had my ABP (Ad Block Pro) on my Chrome browser: https://prnt.sc/h3egz5

And if you read more details about their program on coinhive.com, here's how economical the app is for them:

"With just 10–20 active miners on your site, you can expect a monthly revenue of about 0.3 XMR (~$26)."

So once again, this is a MONEROminer NOT bitcoin, which makes lots of sense as there's no way CPU power can mine any bitcoin right now.

So does that make Freebitco.in dirty?
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:57:20 PM

Nope it's not worth it but if you have the patience to wait for a couple of days, months or even years of mining here then be my guest. I personally do like this faucet site because this was the first faucet site I got my bitcoins with but with mining I just don't think it's worth the time and effort in my opinion though.
Berk

Activity: 99
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:40:19 PM

Nope it's not worth it but if you have the patience to wait for a couple of days, months or even years of mining here then be my guest. I personally do like this faucet site because this was the first faucet site I got my bitcoins with but with mining I just don't think it's worth the time and effort in my opinion though.

Actually it would probably take a few hundred years to get anything. A lot of sites do this to actually use your processing power for alt coins rather than Bitcoin.
babygun

Activity: 2128
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 06:18:07 PM

The browser mining doesn't give big rewards, but is another free service that they offer.
When I am working on the pc, I leave the browser mining open at a low %, it gives me only a couple of satoshis, but it is free  Smiley

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Lane11

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:26:13 AM

You should share your cost calculations with us.
you are saying that if i'm running already 3 PCs 24|7|365 without any mining if i start to mine on all 3 of those PCs which is on anyway that would increase my electricity bill? Is that what you mean by "cost"?
bitcoinmeme

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

Lets be FREE

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:19:09 PM

im still mining and its doesnt affect my computer or my electricity make it work in background on low

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 12:47:39 PM

Major update everyone... I have PROOF that the Freebitco.in "Browser Mining" app IS NOT a Bitcoin mining app but a MONERO mining app as some of you have suspected.

Here's how I found out...

1) My Malwarebytes blocked the app's domain from loading - I looked at the logs and see which domain that was... voila! It was https://authedmine.com which is powered by https://coinhive.com/

2) I went to that domain and got this because I had my ABP (Ad Block Pro) on my Chrome browser: https://prnt.sc/h3egz5

And if you read more details about their program on coinhive.com, here's how economical the app is for them:

"With just 10–20 active miners on your site, you can expect a monthly revenue of about 0.3 XMR (~$26)."

So once again, this is a MONEROminer NOT bitcoin, which makes lots of sense as there's no way CPU power can mine any bitcoin right now.

So does that make Freebitco.in dirty?

Wow, quite the detective aren't you. If you go back and actually read a thread before posting you might learn some things. I said in the 3 post on this thread that it was mining XMR (Monero).
Also, the site owner posted this in another thread:

Just to clarify some points that have been made here:

1). Your browser is mining monero and we are auto-converting it into bitcoin at the current prices
2). We are giving 100% of what we make back to users, we are taking a 0% cut.
3). The mining is completely optional, we are not running the miner automatically or forcing anyone to use it. If you feel it is profitable for you, then use it. If not, then don't.

If there is enough interest, I might try to reverse-engineer the miner so that we can keep 100% of the revenue and share all of it with the users. We do not expect to make any profit for this, it's only an additional revenue stream for faucet users.

So no it doesn't make Freebitco.in dirty but it says a lot about how you jump to conclusions and don't do any research before posting.

funkykong

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:14:19 AM

hi, i'm new here and new to the bitcoin world, i dont have a clue how mining works.

But i just want to say that i find this feature GREAT!!!

Why?

because my cost are none. I work as an hotel recepcionist 8hs per day, so i use freebitco.in faucet at work, and today i started using the web miner.

This PC is shit, but it can handle a 8 h/s at 60% CPU usage.

so, for using my workingplace electricity, i think its a good feature.

i'm really new to the bitcoin world, so dont take my post very seriously, i just happen to have 0.09 btc for betting in cloudbet, and i've taken it to freebitco.in wallet.

Yeah, i've heard that using a faucet site as a walet is suicidal, but they are giving me interests and i didnt have any problem yet.

It's an easy and userfrendly website.

A lot of people are telling me to use another wallet, but none of them gives me interests, and the amount of money i am puting in danger is not that much, and cost me no effort to earn it (i betted as a game, just for fun. But i'm not longer betting, because i got bored)
bitcoinmeme

Activity: 124

Lets be FREE

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:20:51 AM

freebitco is very reputable im trusting them with my btc and i like the interest too they are offering

felipe04

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:47:14 PM

I do mining in freebitco.in its not worth it a lot of current and time wasted i think more good for your time if you read some news in bitcoin and dont waste your time in freebitco.in,You can try telegram bots there's a lot of bot in bitcoin some are legit but more on scam so search before you access there bots for your extra earnings
JacLuck

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Bitcoin|||Altscoin

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:14:23 AM

I'll try it again later. This time i will track that hash thing correctly
Carmen01

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:37:52 AM

Got a notification in freebitco.in "Use your browser to passively mine bitcoin and receive mining rewards instantly to your FreeBitco.in account, credited every 5 minutes." Anyone has any idea how this works and is it worth it? Is there any chance of laptop/PC being damaged from this sort of "mining"?

you can't earn enough and its a total waste of time,i think spend time to monitor coins in trading than freebitco.in.If you do that i think your eletric bill is high than your profit.You can study any ideas in forum dont waste your time to know that kind of mining,study trading,campaign and faucet to earn many bitcoin is the best for us

Protected101

Activity: 210
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:11:03 AM

I'll try it again later. This time i will track that hash thing correctly
Do not try it, you already read more negative feedback about their browser mining? This is not worth it you only waste your time and effort it was consume huge electricity and it can also harm your gadgets if you do this kind of mining much better to do is do trading method.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 08:45:47 AM

you can't earn enough and its a total waste of time,i think

How much is enough? It's a passive activity so the only time it takes is for you to click the mouse twice.

spend time to monitor coins in trading than freebitco.in.

These are indeed things to do while the mining is going on in the background. You are comparing activities that will reward your effort to a passive income.

If you do that  i think your eletric bill is high than your profit.

You can use a calculator to find if mining on your particular hardware on your electricity tariff is profitable or not. On most modern desktop PCs it will be unless you have very expensive electricity.

You can study any ideas in forum dont waste your time to know that kind of mining,study trading,campaign and faucet to earn many bitcoin is the best for us

Again all these things take time for which you can earn a reward whereas mining is a passive income. How can it waste time if it doesn't take any?

poscrypto

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:19:15 PM

Google is not good at these sites. I use the addition to the No Coin browser and do not worry about it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: