Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:28:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Grounding when building a Custom Rig  (Read 13651 times)
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:29:47 PM

For what it's worth, I've gotten up from my chair numerous times and went to physically touch my running mining equipment. I've shocked it maybe 3 or 4 times now with static electricity, and it just continued to run like a boss. Didn't restart, freeze, crash, shut down, anything. The charge from my finger likely jumped to a ground and it dissipated through that. This is why it's important that your electrical socket is grounded Wink

ElectroStatic Discharge (ESD) is more of an issue when the equipment is off and you are working on it. I've seen microscopic pictures of ESD damaged Integrated Circuits. It is a real problem and not visible to the human eye. wear your static strap while working on your equipment. be grounded. keep plastic and nylon away.

^^ - Better safe than sorry. I use the bracelet any time my fingers go near my hardware. I've snapped before, from peoples fingers remotely getting near my hardware. Damn finger pointers. Big ass finger pointing, cm off asking what that is Angry . Keep unintelligent people far away from your hardware and LCD monitors Lol. Almost like you don't even want to go take a piss, with people in the room.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: