Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:06:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Bitcoin was centralized?  (Read 2424 times)
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:03:14 PM

One unique characteristic of Bitcoin is that it is decentralized. So, if time comes and someone will be controlling it, then it will lose its purpose. It will end up being the same with our current currency.
Decentralization is one of the fundamental unique features of bitcoin. No bitcoiners can even wild dreams think of bitcoin being controlled by someone or some community. Bitcoin is a public currency and public should control it. Decentralized nature has given people a big relief and has developed their trust into bitcoin. As you said, centralization will decrease the popularity of bitcoin significantly.
Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:59:39 AM

what do you think would happen to bitcoin economy if someone would actually take in control of it?

Then bitcoins would be controlled. The prices of each bitcoin won't reach economical heights and won't be as profitable as compared to today's profits from bitcoins. However, bitcoin prices will be made more stable by anyone controlling it. The rate of how much bitcoins go out will be very skimp and bitcoins coming in will be controlled as well.
Control on bitcoin is just imaginary because it is impossible to be controlled by someone and this feature of bitcoin is extremely attractive. We are free to enjoy bitcoin business without any restriction/hurdle by a single click on computer.

I think, suppose, if it came into control and policies draw for bitcoin in light of economic rules and regulations, then most probably shut downing of bitcoin will become start and people will withdraw all of their amount from bitcoin business but nothing of the kind is going to happen because bitcoin would be forever decentralized digital currency across the world.
Rony24h7

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:34:13 AM

This is not a very simple task anyway. If it begins there will be occurred a big change at cryptocurrency though it is almost impossible.
why are people using bitcoin? By using bitcoin they don't need to pay the taxes to the government but they have to pay the taxes of their incoming amount if bitcoin centralized.

If it centralized then we have to submit our full information to the government but though we can invest the amount into bitcoin with hiding our biological information. Bitcoin will lose that's position because people will leave from here and will choose another system like PayPal or anything but it is so much impossible.
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:17:06 AM

There will be a regulations and policies and governments will control bitcoin transactions. they will put taxes and big fees in any exchanges. GOod thing bitcoin is decentralized
deeofficialx

Activity: 462
Merit: 113

Need me? PM me!

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:21:02 AM

Then, it won't even reached a hundred dollar value, I guess. ^^
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:35:04 PM

what do you think would happen to bitcoin economy if someone would actually take in control of it?

I think even now it being centralized but not by a single person or any private holders. If this could happen, then there would be a massive change and a big impact to the whole economy of bitcoin. The value of it could have boundaries. They could imploy not to take a huge amount of it. But for somehow they could simply protect it and lengthen the possibility of losing bitcoin. Then, making bitcoi  centralized could give a disadvantage and somehow advantage on it.
Everyone knows that bitcoin is decentralized and still it’s very going fast and now its unstoppable the way it’s going forward and going to achieve its goals and targets so it must be appreciated because bitcoin is the only currency which is decentralized but still it’s become very popular and strong in market and day by day countries are going to make it legal so if it became centralized so I think bitcoin can be an international currency.
ramzhies

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:37:22 PM

then its useless.. like the usual money
ctszdj

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:38:56 PM

Single point of failure
CryptGuardian

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:31:58 PM

The goal of BTC can't e attained if that's the case. It's
like a beautiful girl but you can't bang it. Smiley

Still many men spend their money on those girls thinking they could.
The only laughing is the girl that puts their money in her pockets.
CryptGuardian

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:34:30 PM

it would defeat the purpose of bitcoin

What if the purpose of Bitcoin was all a hoax, a lie.
Just like Internet being 'Free' we now have the end of Net Neutrality
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:47:13 PM

bitcoin being decentralized cryptocurry i think is hard to control using virtual digital currency, but not possible to control bitcoin in the near fututre because people continue to study how to increase the talent to the new technology advamce searching.
Walastik

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:00:53 PM

Bitcoin is preferable if there are many who trust and own it. I'm not saying that many fear invest in bitcoin. The first decentralized currency is soon to implement a contentious upgrade which fundamentally changes its direction from bitcoin cash to a bitcoin settlement network.
earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:04:18 PM

It would become completely different crypto currency,we all know that bitcoin decentralization is one of its nature that make it more useful for every individual.Sending money fast from one person to another anonymously without the use of banks and  without the control of the government.Letting some third party to take over bitcoin will just cause hassle and it will also let the user of it to pay taxes.But i think this would not happen,bitcoin will always be decentralized.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:55:56 AM

I think even now it being centralized but not by a single person or any private holders. If this could happen, then there would be a massive change and a big impact to the whole economy of bitcoin. The value of it could have boundaries. They could imploy not to take a huge amount of it. But for somehow they could simply protect it and lengthen the possibility of losing bitcoin. Then, making bitcoi  centralized could give a disadvantage and somehow advantage on it.
Everyone knows that bitcoin is decentralized and still it’s very going fast and now its unstoppable the way it’s going forward and going to achieve its goals and targets so it must be appreciated because bitcoin is the only currency which is decentralized but still it’s become very popular and strong in market and day by day countries are going to make it legal so if it became centralized so I think bitcoin can be an international currency.
That’s true! It would not have been reached this level because of being centralized. Governments are all the time looking for their profits in latest technologies.

Centralized bitcoin would have been limited to certain class and there had been cases of corruption in this currency as well. It is loved by people because everyone owns it. No one can stop others from using it or can claim it as his or her property.
jafurih

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:58:22 AM

If government handle the bitcoin,we have pay more taxes and transaction charges also.i don't want bitcoin is centralized.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:08:08 AM

If bitcoin was centralized from start, i think he can beat max price 1 usd
Something like webmoney system

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Gandalphlegrand

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:20:44 AM

If it would happen it would mean the force has lost against the dark side. However the force will always be stronger than the dark side. Cool
Empiretoken

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:13:20 PM

Decentralization is the single most important characteristic of Bitcoin. It is the core property of the network on which its entire value is based, regardless of whether you measure that value in economic or social terms. This is what Bitcoin is: a decentralized currency. Everything else, every other property or feature, every other advantage that it can offer, is fed by this singular beating heart.

But decentralization is not a simple black and white thing. It is not a simple matter of a tick or cross in a box as to whether Bitcoin is decentralized or not. There are varying degrees of centralization and decentralization. Crucially, it is important to recognize that Bitcoin is not entirely decentralized, and that the degree to which it is can vary over time and be influenced by a wide range of different factors.

Chandler32

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:14:59 PM

If Bitcoin were centralized, then it would have been no different than Fiat where it's being manipulated by a small group of rich people. Bitcoin is what it is today because it is decentralized. Without decentralize, it will not make any sense investing in it.
TeraBitHoven

Activity: 143

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:17:35 PM

I don't think it will happen since bitcoin is not under government control because of its blockchain system, and if it will be centralized it does not differ to eth then. Decentralize is one of the features of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: