Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:31:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can states buy all bitcoin?  (Read 1298 times)
Svener

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:15:29 AM

what would happen if most of the bitcoin were owned by a single organization? for states that print their own fiat money, financing to buy "all" bitcoin would be possible.

the state would presumably risk hyperinflation due to the enormous increase of money and bring the bitcoin rate to astronomical values.

but then, when the state is in possession of "all" bitcoin, it can make the circulation of bitcoin quasi succumb. bitcoin dead, population impoverished, mission accomplished.

I think the current huge value may become less or no value at all because the circulation will be limited within in their area only in which all holders will force to sell their bitcoin to that state. If this will happen they can now replace their fiat to bitcoin as their legal tender but the value will be not as expensive as today but it will now depend of their economy status thru foreign exchange rate.
Yeah,you are absolutely correct,the value will decrease if it all bitcoin owned by single country and some other crypto will take place of bitcoin.The bitcoin price is high is mainly due to its worldwide usage,if it was limited then price will also limited.
tiger2monkey

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:35:04 AM

It is a very interesting assumption. In my opinion, it is very unlikely that an organization/state buys all of the bitcoins. If no other parties are using bitcoin, bitcoin will lose value and even die. So why would an organization spend lots of money to buy all coins, kill bitcoin and lose money.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:35:14 AM

Yes they can buy bitcoin with their money. But the problem is where can the get bitcoin? I think less people will just sell their bitcoin to state. They mostly sell it only a little part of bitcoin and only to trader. Most of people just keep their bitcoin for future.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:17:42 AM

what would happen if most of the bitcoin were owned by a single organization? for states that print their own fiat money, financing to buy "all" bitcoin would be possible.

the state would presumably risk hyperinflation due to the enormous increase of money and bring the bitcoin rate to astronomical values.

but then, when the state is in possession of "all" bitcoin, it can make the circulation of bitcoin quasi succumb. bitcoin dead, population impoverished, mission accomplished.

Yes!they can afford to buy all bitcoin if there state is wealthy,they can do what ever they want to reclaim all bitcoins for the common good of there state.the question is,what is there purpose of buying all bitcoins?is there any hidden agenda why should they buy all the bitcoins?

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:11:12 AM

They can't buy all bitcoins now because it is not all mined yet even they have enough funds to buy all there is no assurance that the bitcoin price will still the same this day this coming months or years, time will come they can't afford to buy all of this coins because the price changes constantly every minutes that a large percentage can go up and down and remember that bitcoin is still $1000 and now have a dominant price of $3000 plus so they can't do that it is just a large risk and gamble for their part.

Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:12:54 AM

Maybe it possible that one state buy all bitcoin but when it happen there are possibility that bitcoin have a massive fluctuation of value because it's concentrated in one stock. In reality bitcoin user and investors are not allowing one state to buy bitcoin it is because bitcoin have an important role in virtual world and digital transaction even in Forex exchange.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:32:14 AM

Yes if they want to buy they can do it. With hug money they buy anything. But with that, its time of dying bitcoin since they manage the price.
But clever investor will not give such thing happen. Invest will not let state buy all bitcoin.
cellat87

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:23:56 AM

I do not know, currently the bitcoin price is too high, and the amount of bitcoin has now been overwhelming. maybe, after buying all the bitcoin, the country will go bankrupt. I am sure, it is very difficult to buy all the bitcoin, even for a country.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:51:21 AM

i think if a single state or country will be the sole owner of bitcoin, it is so impossible right now, no country is dumb enough to buy all bitcoins in the world, that would be huge amount of money, even all their resources and bonds and money are put together, no country can handle bitcoin, not unless they invested long ago and have a huge money invested in bitcoin, maybe in the distant future it will be possible, but now i doubt.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
malourdesesmores07

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:58:20 PM

In my own opinion, i think the states cant afford to buy all the bitcoin in the whole world. It will need a high capital.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:05:48 PM

Why would the government buy bitcoins. In every government there are representatives of the classical school of Economics. In their understanding bitcoin is a classic pyramid. Who wants to volunteer to risk a penalty? It seems to me that the government will be more acceptable to declare war on bitcoin and destroy it.
Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:10:29 PM

I don't think that the states can buy all the bitcoin. Because some bitcoins are already owned by people. And it would be hard for the government or different agencies to buy them all. Also, people are preserving it because its value is getting bigger so it will be beneficial in the future.

Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 02:33:55 PM

I think no state or country would be interested to buy ALL the bitcoins in the world as well as not all bitcoin holders would be willing to sell their bitcoins. If one organization owns all the btc it means they have sole control over it and can affect the value of bitcoin, the price would probably go down. Also a country or state can't put at stake their funds just to buy all the btc they need their fund to run their economy and its not 'the thing' for bitcoin due to its fluctuating value.
Henry27

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:53:43 PM

If that would happen, they will surely benefit on that set up , on that ownership. but it might be hard for us to engange more in trading of bitcoin since it might increase the buying price of each coin which will not be beneficial for us. They will have the power to fluctuate the price of the bitcoin since the ownership was on their part. This was just my opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: