Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:57:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES PLATFORM VS ETH PLATFORM  (Read 37355 times)
infinity33

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:25:37 AM

How does waves compare to bitshares? I guess i should just download waves and see. But it sounds like Waves and bitshares are very similar.  I've used bitshares some, not a huge fan, but it works alright. Are there any real advantages of waves over bitshares besides marketshare?
indeed the system given on the platform is almost the same, bitshares also provide exchanger, waves too,
but the difference is waves have smart contract same as ethereum
yes for the contract and platform of waves it is too closely with eth so this is why we can now compare this too but for me they are both good they have difference characteristics i should wait for what waves would be next i think waves have a good future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunno330

Activity: 406

homt.net

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:32:36 AM

I guess this discussion can raise to a higher pace after October 10th when supposedly the new waves DEX will be released and the game could start to change Smiley
Yes. waiting the see best of waves.After October 10th, its development can be improved.But I am not sure. Just only a comment. Otherwise Ethereum is better and so faster. The two are alt coin. Most used alt coin is ethereum.
Waves also used now a days.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
dimonstration

Activity: 2576
Merit: 659

Dimon6969

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:37:53 AM

I've seen that these two smart contracts are often used, and the ETH is widely used more often than WAVES. What is the difference between the two platforms?

Waves is not a smart contract plattform - it is a plattform to issue tokens on a very, very simple way (tokens dont have any functionality).

Waves also has a so called DEX (decentralised exchange), where you can trade the tokens of the waves plattform.

This one is true, however in my own opinion waves interface is more user friendly compared to ethereum platform. But, both of them are good, each has different characteristics. Some coins are not registered in waves, and some are not open in eth, vice versa. So, just choose which is more convenient for your coins and tokens.

yes right they are both good but different characteristic that both usable just what you have told that some coins can access or registered in waves and some are in eth so both are can use in a way where we can use on the other hand on how does waves and eth are moving this is why they can compared interms on their platform.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Imran1271

Activity: 183

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:52:21 AM

It's my personal opinion that ethereum platform is best platform  ever no other alternative of its. So ether is mother of all altcoin I believe it. Waves is another best but waves is and ether is ether.  That's it.
Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:46:18 PM

I guess this discussion can raise to a higher pace after October 10th when supposedly the new waves DEX will be released and the game could start to change Smiley
Yes. waiting the see best of waves.After October 10th, its development can be improved.But I am not sure. Just only a comment. Otherwise Ethereum is better and so faster. The two are alt coin. Most used alt coin is ethereum.
Waves also used now a days.

It looks like nothing really happened on October 10th, which was a bit of a disappointment. I'm afraid we'll have to patient more.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 01:04:37 PM

They are both asset coins, obviously ETH is much older, much wider, and much stable than waves. ETH is the mother of all altcoins. But do not under estimate Waves. They have their own trading platform where you can trade Waves with other currencies, and allows you to buy waves using your creditcard. Many ICOs now are built under Waves blockchain.

I've seen that these two smart contracts are often used, and the ETH is widely used more often than WAVES. What is the difference between the two platforms?
hilda483

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:13:59 PM

Waves makes only small steps compared with Ethereum.90% of the ICOs use Ethereum or Bitcoin and only a small potion of them use Waves or other platforms.

deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:48:28 PM

ethereum more popular than waves many ICOs using ethereum smart contract.
I see some ICOs who used waves platform before and then switch to ethereum platform.
maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:49:01 PM

actually the same. both have almost the same technology, it's just eth more lucky because more in use today. so i figured eth would always be on top of waves. just my opinion.
Jack2512

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:51:26 PM

Eth is an old coin, but despite this, is the less user friendly platform under every aspect.

Golegard

Activity: 146

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:02:01 PM

In waves, you can trade your tokens inside of it while the eth platform you have to send your tokens in exchange site. In other word, eth platform was created to store your tokens and leave it. But I will prefer to use waves platfrom than eth platfform because of the security reasons but it is hard to track of your exchanges and less traders.

Zeusen27

Activity: 140

MODERN FINANCE CHAIN

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 03:43:37 PM

Communities in WAVES are not as many as the ETH community. they both have the same functionality but rarely an altcoin or token project uses Waves, because development is very slow, the exchange for new tokens is only on one exchange, so for the progress of WAVES and ETH the community is what makes them both able to grow.

phuclzu12

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:40:59 PM

ethereum more popular than waves many ICOs using ethereum smart contract.
I see some ICOs who used waves platform before and then switch to ethereum platform.
How to transfer? I did not know any project used Waves platform has transfered to Ethereum chain after completed crowdsale, because the target is develop under Waves platform, therefore those projects can not change roadmap easy as your said.
jonruhoax

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:54:07 PM

tend to eth more often used people. that's what makes eth flourishing good to date. i do not really know with waves, waves are not too much involved with ico.
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:33:51 PM

The old dex didn't really do too well with the people that were holding Waves. The new one might not make that much of a difference either.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:57:38 PM

Well i dont use a lot eth at all, it does confuses me, but as i know both does allow to create tokens, one with smart contracts and the other not, but its coming, for me waves has an advantage with  the DEX, decentralized exchange, where the fees will go to the pot to be shared with all holders, i dont see any other coin returning more coins to you from the transactions.
Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:26:56 PM

The old dex didn't really do too well with the people that were holding Waves. The new one might not make that much of a difference either.

I wonder when the new DEX will be ready though - it has already been postponed several times it seems.
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 11:59:54 PM

if you look at the battle between the ethereum platform and waves I think the win is ethereum,
why? because the ethereum is in great demand by the masses

I think Waves has alot to do in the market, well given ETHEREUM has a smart contracts but soon Waves platform will release their own smart contracts 2.0 by Early 2018. Waves transactions is much better than Ethereum. and its easier to use

serian

Activity: 195
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:51:31 AM

How many ICOs have been done under Waves platform? I know there was 1 ICO. Is Waves inflationary coin like ETH?

SpearTackle

Activity: 153

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:08:17 AM

Eth has a massive demand than Waves. If you have tokens you can sold it to eth, once you've had an eth you can convert it to btc and then to USD. I don't know the transaction of waves, since I don't have waves, and I know I am being bias Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: