Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:18:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What was the first Altcoin?  (Read 1147 times)
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:18:53 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/what-are-namecoins-and-bit-domains/

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AltCreators

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Official AltCreator Account

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:22:55 PM

zerocoin too.

Zerocoin was made to create clones of other stuff
bassong

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 01:39:02 AM

Was anyone around back then?  What was the general opinion of it?

In april 2011, namecoin was created as an attempt at forming a decentralized dns, which would make internet censorship very difficult. Soon after, in october 2011, litecoin was released.
Rekey

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:29:52 AM

ok with that said does anyone know the first 10 alts for comparison sakes
rurubot

Activity: 171

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:59:50 AM

The first altcoin that was introduced to the market of cryptocurrency is Namecoin. It was created in april 2011 right after the creation of bitcoin.
It is one of the ten altcoins,the intention of namecoin's creation was to decentralize domain registrations.
Namecoin is still among successful altcoins and can be also used as a digital currency payment purpose.
All this time i thought it was ltc. namecoin is not that popular because it is not on the top list whenever i search about altcoins. This really helps. Thanks for the info.

(ಥ_ಥ) I AM STILL (ಥ_ಥ)
 (´・ω・`)LOOKING FOR( ˘•ω•˘ )
d(=^・ω・^=)b RIGHT BOUNTYd(=^・ω・^=)b
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:27:44 AM

The first altcoyin was Namecoin (NMC) presented in 2011. Although it is a currency, the main goal of Naimkoin's development is decentralization in domain name registration, which will make the process state. Internet censorship is much more difficult. At the moment, Namecoin is ranked 41st among all the altcoins by market capitalization.
CryptoAnnie

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:49:25 PM

The first Altcoins introduced in the crypto market was Namecoin, though i don't have much knowledge about it but i heard this coin has become one of the most popular cryptocurrencies of the present time.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:01:48 PM

great info I don't know that Namecoin was the first alt coin that has been created after btc, not really familiar with such project and I'm happy to learned
it from here though I'm still thinking that ltc was the the first alt coin as well thinking that it was a copycat of btc.
yeah same with me its first time i heard Namecoin as the first altcoin but what happen with namecoin now sir?
die or still successfull?

One of the first alt-coins was de-facto bitcoin itself. People tend to think that it was the first because there are many people crazy about it, but there were previous experiments / coins.

shimbark123

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:04:52 PM

The first altcoin that was introduced to the market of cryptocurrency is Namecoin. It was created in april 2011 right after the creation of bitcoin.
It is one of the ten altcoins,the intention of namecoin's creation was to decentralize domain registrations.
Namecoin is still among successful altcoins and can be also used as a digital currency payment purpose.
Whoan thank you for this knowledge sir. But all of my friends told me that the first altcoin that was created was LTC I think that is why many people are patronizing this coin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Adil Amim

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:29:27 PM

Namecoin is the first Altcoins introduced in the crypto market, it is a unique among Altcoins. It is not a currency, namecoin is a decentralized domain name system as same as Bitcoin.
webmone

Activity: 287

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:35:34 AM

If I am right the first altcoin was a Litecoin. Telling more it is the first fork of Bitcoin and maybe currency that one of the most developed and mined by users around the world. Litecoin show stable price results for a long time, this is good investment.
newbie-hero

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:54:54 AM

If I am right the first altcoin was a Litecoin. Telling more it is the first fork of Bitcoin and maybe currency that one of the most developed and mined by users around the world. Litecoin show stable price results for a long time, this is good investment.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:01:25 AM

Till now I thought it was litecoin. Just curious, Is namecoin anyway related to namecheap?

It's always like that. For example, you would thinkg that Chuck Berry was the inventor of Rock'n'roll in it's true meaning, but then you find out there were many less known guys playing those same things before them and that even his most famous riff was borrowed. In any case, he took it to a completely new level, nothing wrong with that, still a legend for me and I am very happy I had the opportunity to see him playing live.

To cut the story short - you can always expect something nameless to be "the first". Even Bitcoin was not the first cryptocurrency. There was Hashcash and a few others. Different in technology, different purpose, but very similar in it's nature.

DogeMoonCoin

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:43:31 PM

Namecoin NMC 18 April 2011; 1st fork of Bitcoin
Namecoin was the first fork of Bitcoin and still is one of the most innovative “altcoins”. It was first to implement merged mining and a decentralized DNS. Namecoin was also the first solution to Zooko’s Triangle, the long-standing problem of producing a naming system that is simultaneously secure, decentralized, and human-meaningful.
efey39

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:44:48 AM

In the crypto money world, a lot of subcoins have emerged in recent times. it is very difficult to choose the time you want to invest. the first subcoins I have taken are appc and rdn.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: