Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:27:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Initial Investment Amount  (Read 1521 times)
Aizhen05

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:05:38 PM

The ideal initial amount is 0 (zero), you earn some coins in airdrops, giveaways or doing some simple tasks online and then you build your portfolio from there.

That's how you really learn to navigate in bitcoinland.

If you have enough money to invest, money your can afford to lose, then just buy bitcoin every month, sit on it, and in a few years you'll have a nice sum of money.

Thanks for the response. What are airdrops? and what examples of giveaways and where to source them?

Follow these 2 sections:

Announcements (Altcoins) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0

Games and rounds https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=71.0

Search for topics with 'Giveaway' and 'Airdrop' in them, if you don't immediately qualify for them, plan for the future.

Also search for bounties in altcoin announcements and check if you can do any of them.

Some of these don't worth your time, some do.

Careful installing new software on your computer like new altcoin wallets, they may have malware, improve your opsec.

Good luck.

ive checked and visit the link you provide can i raise a question how to join on that may i know some information thanks for some response.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingCanuck5

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:07:05 PM

Hello Bitcoin users! So i've decided to pull the trigger and set myself a coinbase account to start investing in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. I'm excited explore this new finance endeavor and by doing so I would like to get some initial knowledge. Everyone is welcome to chime in on this but what are you guys' opinion for someone like me starting out would be an ideal amount of investment.

I know for the most part majority will probably advise to start on what I'm comfortable with however I'm mainly looking for an ideal quantifiable range based on how much is Bitcoin is going for or other cryptocurreny for that matter. What's too little and what's too much for someone whose in the beginning stages of investing. Thank you.

What is an amount you wouldn't be effected if was completely disappeared tomorrow? Any amount less than this will work.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:23:49 PM

If you want to invest in any cryptocurrencies then you don't need to have a fixed initial investment amount because it is up to you on how are you going to budget your money very well and it is better if you will invest regularly in bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies so you can do cost averaging which is an effective strategy in terms of investing in bitcoin.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:35:15 PM

ive checked and visit the link you provide can i raise a question how to join on that may i know some information thanks for some response.

You need to check the details in the topic, here's an example:

█【ANN】【ICO】█【PRE-SALE】 🌟 【SOLD OUT】 ██ 🌟 BLOCKLANCER ██ JOIN GIG ECONOMY BOOM https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1974481

Here's the bounty topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1997477

Read the topic and check if you can do some of those bounties.

You need to follow the section and go through all the garbage posted every day to find the good stuff.

BobbyAdams

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:50:34 AM

Initial investment is the amount required to start a business or a project. It is also called initial investment outlay or simply initial outlay.
Capital budgeting decisions involve careful estimation of the initial investment outlay and future cash flows of a project. Correct estimation of these inputs helps in taking decisions that increase shareholders wealth.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:56:07 AM

5% of your portfolio is a good start and 60-80% would be the top I would suggest. That would be a little high for you I'm sure since you're just starting out.

It's hard for me to wrap my head around because I really didn't invest money, I just earned bitcoins over the years. Investing fiat just seems..  Strange to me. I know it's not but I just don't have fiat to invest because earning bitcoins is how I use my time.
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:57:29 AM

Hello Bitcoin users! So i've decided to pull the trigger and set myself a coinbase account to start investing in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. I'm excited explore this new finance endeavor and by doing so I would like to get some initial knowledge. Everyone is welcome to chime in on this but what are you guys' opinion for someone like me starting out would be an ideal amount of investment.

I know for the most part majority will probably advise to start on what I'm comfortable with however I'm mainly looking for an ideal quantifiable range based on how much is Bitcoin is going for or other cryptocurreny for that matter. What's too little and what's too much for someone whose in the beginning stages of investing. Thank you.

The first time you start investing with bitcoin I think that's the best thing that you did in your life because for me it is, when I first entered the cryptocurrencies the value of bitcoin was slightly above $500+ and that time I feel that it is over price or it is too high and it will not go more higher but I am wronged, there is no $200 worth of Fiat currency that existing though that's why I am skeptical back then.

Actually everyone can tell you the do's and don'ts here to invest more or less but we can't really predict what will happen in the future as in no one, only speculations that the main basis are the market's history itself. The best advise that I can give you is, start investing now than regret later that you didn't, invest only what you can afford to lose.

nareshrohra

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:11:49 AM

If you are in for a long haul, then go for some well known coins like BTC, ETH, NEO etc.

But, if you intend to go for short-term trading try with a small amount that you can afford to lose. The mantra should be "spend less, study & think more"

BTW, if I were you, I would wait for sometime for BTC price to dip before the hard-fork (November). I would buy at $3500

teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:23:13 AM

If you are in for a long haul, then go for some well known coins like BTC, ETH, NEO etc.

But, if you intend to go for short-term trading try with a small amount that you can afford to lose. The mantra should be "spend less, study & think more"

BTW, if I were you, I would wait for sometime for BTC price to dip before the hard-fork (November). I would buy at $3500

I think bitcoin is Dipping right now, from $4200 to $4000 mark value but I am not sure if it's gonna continue to drop so I would go to waht you are trying to say and wait for the dip before the hard fork because this might be a resistance rising up to the $4500 mark value, and I think OP is well aware on how much he is willing to invest he doesn't need our opinion on how much but I guess he can take our advice in when he can surely invest a good amount and that would be when bitcoin value drops.
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:49:32 AM

My question is how much money are you planning to put in investment? if you thinks there's a lot of option to invest your money better pro-rate them the way you see the likely hood of return in investment, like for example you have $10000 better invest 40% in bitcoin then choose some alts  or some other sort of investment just study first the market and make a wise decision before letting your cash out.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:46:47 AM

Invest the amount that you can lose. Investment is really risky since if you are investing in Bitcoin, Bitcoin's value is really volatile, you should also have knowledge on investing in cryptocurrency. You should really find a way to have a time to monitor these changes, speculation may help but it is not really advisable, it is really better to build your skill on investing first. Take it slowly do not be excited too much, learn it slowly and make sure you digest everything you learn.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:56:26 AM

Personally, as a beginner I would invest a low amount of money like $100 or nothing! Yes, you can start from zero and some people did it or are doing this at this moment. Earning from online activities, like the faucets. But if you don't have time for it, $100 is a good amount to test the Crypto-Currency world and its features. You can choose between investing this amount or just holding the BTCs.

Once you gain more confidence start investing larger amounts of money or just make the initial investment grow on the internet, that is very possible, but a longer way until the fortune...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:09:26 AM

Invest the amount that you can lose. Investment is really risky since if you are investing in Bitcoin, Bitcoin's value is really volatile, you should also have knowledge on investing in cryptocurrency. You should really find a way to have a time to monitor these changes, speculation may help but it is not really advisable, it is really better to build your skill on investing first. Take it slowly do not be excited too much, learn it slowly and make sure you digest everything you learn.
Whatever the initial investment you have theres nothing wrong in it. Yes investment is very risks and it best to put out your money on what you can afford only. Time management is very important in investing your money so you can observe the flow of the market.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:15:09 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2019, 10:49:57 AM by pushups44

The ideal initial amount is 0 (zero), you earn some coins in airdrops, giveaways or doing some simple tasks online and then you build your portfolio from there.

That's how you really learn to navigate in bitcoinland.

If you have enough money to invest, money your can afford to lose, then just buy bitcoin every month, sit on it, and in a few years you'll have a nice sum of money.

I agree. There are some decent airdrops and bounties, such as signature campaigns, available, so not having money is not an excuse to avoid bitcoin. If people spent as much time doing these tasks as they do arguing with others or wasting time online, they would eventually own plenty of cryptocurrency.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:31:59 AM

Hi! I think you would have to invest depending on the amount of money you are willing to gamble. Investing is no assurance. You would have to know how much you are willing to lose for it determines your success as well. Assess yourself first.

Anyway profit comes when you just keep still and study data. A good data of 5 years or more can help determine what it will be in the near future save for some exceptional circumstances.

I wish you well in this new endeavor!
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:20:24 AM

Whatever the initial investment you have theres nothing wrong in it. Yes investment is very risks and it best to put out your money on what you can afford only. Time management is very important in investing your money so you can observe the flow of the market.
Exactly, Even if it is not that much money , as long as it is investment there will be always a risk on your money. And I agree also that without Time management and enough time on observing the flow market will really make the investor loss it's chances on earning the profit from his investments.
Evilmorty69

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:13:34 PM

I don't know exact amount of money i would like to invest. But i have not really pale of them xD Anyway my 39 dollars goes directly to Confideal and we will see! Grin
ab007

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:08:38 AM

its totally depens on you if you want to have earn quickly and smartly you have to deposit greater amount of bitcoincs in the same way if you want to increase your income then you are not supposed to invest as much either you can staring earn through bitcoins and then starting invest in different online trade .
sukoon

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:23:30 AM

If You Bought $5 of Bitcoin 7 Years Ago, You'd Be $4.4 Million Richer. so it depends on you. the more money you invest the profit and loss ratio increases.
shimbark123

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:28:23 AM

There is no really ideal amount of investment. My friend once told me that he only invested 20 usd in this cryptocurrency and the price go boom and it just like he won from a lottery LOL. From 20 usd to 1000 usd. It is all about strategy bro.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆