Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:51:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: £500 to spend, on Ether or Bitcoin?  (Read 3203 times)
smartJEV

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HODL

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:50:00 PM

Hi All,

I have just over £500 to spend and I'm not sure where I should be investing this.

Do I buy a small fraction of a bitcoin or buy 2 ethers?

What would you do?

I'm looking for some long term investment.

Also, i'm hoping to contribute £100 per month towards either one but not sure which direction I should be taking.

Many Thanks

Spend it on books, on education, on moving forward. And maybe after few years you come back with 50 000 to invest. If you looking for a fast grow and ready to lose your money, check altcoin market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:30:11 PM

Hi All,

I have just over £500 to spend and I'm not sure where I should be investing this.

What would you do?

Also, i'm hoping to contribute £100 per month towards either one but not sure which direction I should be taking.

Many Thanks
Ether have a nice support from big organisations like Microsoft, so backing it would be awesome idea as most of the countries aren't in favour of bitcoin, but due to the influence of companies like Microsoft it can get much support.
Ether may have advantages but as compared to bitcoin ether is like a kid, and price of bitcoin and profit rate is also high.

Crypto is known just because of bitcoin and ETH is not that much popular as bitcoin is and bitcoin accepted all across the world whereas eth is just known at the organizational level and bill gates also declared bitcoin as most profitable coin and so don’t take risk invest into bitcoin you will see results soon.
My opinion is nothing different than yours. Bitcoin is the mother of all crypto currencies and its comparison with any altcoin has been happening for ages now but the results have remain the same. Bitcoin smokes altcoins every time much better than the previous one. Eth is a slow progressor. Both are not bbbles but investors wants a fast increment in their money so bitcoin is the best of the best in this scenario. BTC is the base of digital coins.
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:34:16 PM

Buy bitcoin, you will never regret about it and you will never lose it's value, because you are always going to have One bitcoin, no matter how much is it's price, but everybody knows that bitcoin is always increasing in its value and it will probably no go down again, maybe it will, but only a few hundreds until it recover again, like it always happened in the past.
So what are you waiting for? invest in bitcoin, and buy some ethereum when you have more budget.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:35:28 PM

In the past month bitcoin has increased by approx 50%, Ethereum by approx 10%. I like Ethereum but I dont think it is going to keep pace with bitcoin as an investment, in the short, medium or long term.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:37:23 AM

If you have that capital to invest the forget about ethereum and bitcoins as you will get peanuts in return and I will give you best option to invest with that capital in those coins which are cheap but will grow in future.

DGB
Waves
XMR
XRP
SC
EMC2
From the percent growth of all crypto coins, person investing in bitcoin will always remain on higher side with profit margins. Other alt-coins are not reliable at all. Or those who have some reputation have not shown the ability and scope for growth like bitcoin has shown. Just look at what happens with ether, this year alone ethereum prices reached and remained somewhere around 300 dollars, give or take some ups and down. It has not shown like bitcoin. And ether is second best valued crypto currency. About the ripple who had great momentum going on till the top devel dropped the bomb of major chunk of ripples are going to flood the market in form of donation. Ripple never recovered fully from that. However it is still in top five crypto market capitalwise.
Thus putting money in the bitcoin is beneficial.
jimbo2000

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:39:50 AM

Right now you should put your money in to bitcoin and try profit from the fork in 3 days, but make sure you get out quickly once the fork happens. Otherwise for the next few months I see ether having a brighter horizon.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 12:47:16 PM

This really depends on your plan. If you are going to hold for ages.. i would probably go with Bitcoin.
But if you want to make mid - long term profit i'd probably split this investment.
Bitcoin and Ethereum are two completely different investments. This should be wisely considered.
I would split your investment in maybe 300/200 with 300£ into the project you trust more / which will give you your desired return in a given time.
Overall i think Bitcoin is more reliable in terms of crypto investment than Ethereum. But if you are willing to take the risk and see potential in eth, why not invest more to (possibly) gain higher profits

FO4R

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:17:32 PM

In the past month bitcoin has increased by approx 50%, Ethereum by approx 10%. I like Ethereum but I dont think it is going to keep pace with bitcoin as an investment, in the short, medium or long term.

Yeah I also see bitcoin in this matter like even you hold it for short or long term you still have a sure profit. Bitcoin rally isn't over so better you hold some of this for investment.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

I thought that ethereum has a future, although at the moment it is still in second position by market cap, and it is almost impossible to replace bitcoin at the top position, because bitcoin is like a mother of crypto currency. But for features owned by ethereum it is worth to consider in the future. Meanwhile, bitcoin still has problems with the speed of delivery and the fee is still very high. Even so, the price continues to increase with time. So that's all your decision.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:37:48 PM

I always prefer bitcoins over ethereum for investment as bitcoins are increasing like anything and this upcoming forms like bitcoins gold and segwit2x, bitcoins prices would surely increase as people will try to invest more in bitcoins to get the free bitcoins gold.While i do think that ethereum has potential to grow even more but it will be always inferior to bitcoins.I think that invest in bitcoins and also invest some in ethereum.Both of the coins are great at long term investment but profits would be more in bitcoins than in ethereum.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:53:28 PM

It depends to you want do you think gives you high profit every month because ethereum coin and bitcoin is a potential and for sure the price will increase more. This two altcoin before the price is very low and if you see the price is very high the price of ethereum is hundreds of dollars while the price of bitcoin is thousands of dollars and i hope it will increase more. But i suggest invest your money in both .
Kr8os

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 12:10:25 AM

This may be personal opinion, but I think while Bitcoin would be good for short term investment, Ether might be more stable to go for in the long run.
smartJEV

Activity: 168

HODL

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:29:17 PM

This may be personal opinion, but I think while Bitcoin would be good for short term investment, Ether might be more stable to go for in the long run.

Hmm Smiley Why? Bitcoin shown lots of stability. Ether is too young and new, it still can even die.
zombie6

Activity: 438

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:16:24 PM

Brother buy bitcoin cash on November 13-15 will be fork freebie) and if you are serious, the 2013 coin is not pump at all, the capitalization is small, the code is excellent! 1 is 100% protected from ASIC mining and is available to all people, there will soon be many events and very large growth) I personally communicated with the developer!
pprun

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:49:10 PM

One thing for sure you aren't at the real game of the world. You are in crypto world. Digital connection through internet is what we are facing. If you are decided to invest don't give to much focus on your dream profit but rather as new also you should avoid whatever is necessary to avoid. Risky is given so be careful by your own investment.
nmthu2209

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:09:40 PM

I think you should invest in ETH. That is my opinion.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:21:15 PM

Brother buy bitcoin cash on November 13-15 will be fork freebie) and if you are serious, the 2013 coin is not pump at all, the capitalization is small, the code is excellent! 1 is 100% protected from ASIC mining and is available to all people, there will soon be many events and very large growth) I personally communicated with the developer!
If OP believes you mate,maybe hes a rich man now,since bitcoin cash growth is unstoppable

Look how large the price becomes just for a few months and what will be covering for another years,i will i have a capital wayback time,so maybe i come to invest in bitcoin cash and become richer this days
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 06:35:25 PM

According to the chart analysis of some crypto analysts. There are possibilities that ETH might crash in a free fall style. Same with Bitcoin, theres a high chance that Bitcoin might fall again to 6k, and worse is 3k

Hi All,

What would you do?

Many Thanks
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:23:34 PM

Hi All,

What would you do?

Many Thanks

I prefer investing a huge amount on bitcoins because the growth is really good unlike other altcoins that does not have a decent amount of potential to grow in the market due to less investors who are interested on it.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 04:37:35 PM

I would recommend going with both the options but through the systematic investment plan which emphasizes on buying in smaller units at a higher frequency of time and that takes the advantage of every price level. I believe that Bitcoin will get popularity in the fund transfer industry in the coming years and corporate organizations would also adopt it after seeking the stability and ETH has a huge growth potential in the automation industry and I am expecting growth of it along with Industry 4.0 evolution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: