Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:10:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency is a great way to teach math in schools  (Read 734 times)
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:19:17 PM

I don't think it is a good way to teach math, it is very complicayed yo convert one currency to another currency with so many decimal, if you said you want to introduce in economic class the I will agree, I like it when young generation attracted to crypto

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bustomi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:28:58 PM

Some kind of way, because the calculation for cryptocurrency is very complicated and that was enough to teach them with number of math Grin
Timeclo

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 11:37:09 PM

Haha. This would be a crazy idea but I think it can start them off with basic knowledge about cryptos. I'm not opposed to it .
SpearTackle

Activity: 153

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:30:38 AM

It’s a good idea to teach cryptos in school so that people would be aware what cryptocurrency is, but when you teach it to the children I think they cannot easily adopt it because me myself I don’t really understand what is cryptocurrency is all about and it’s environment, but if it is took from the roots or the origin and step by step process teaching maybe they can adopt, because it needs a good foundation.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:41:23 AM

It would be interesting to see who the first teachers are to do this and if the media picks them up.  I know small media outlets would as they pretty much cover anything.

POS Wallets could teach a lot about basic math even to elementary school kids.  PiggyCoin in fact seems geared in that direction, it's like a Piggybank.

Agree with that, but unfortunately schools has their own rules. For basic knowledge I agree but for built skill, please think again. Most people will have high interesting when " take profit " is easy, but they are no expert. There's risk they must face it and prepare fund also emotion control. It will change their mindset but when do on the wrong place and time, bad thing will happen. Have a nice day. 

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:02:05 AM

We should let children enjoy their playtime as they would just pay bills and shoulder many responsibilities in the future. The idea is good if we limit it to university level and computer science related courses or finance courses as it would be understood better and can be applied to their field.
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:49:12 AM

I don't agree with you, it is nonsense to me. Cryptocurrencies are not be a way to teach something. They are very complicated even for most people. Teaching math is also difficult.

Uhmn, you mean in school as basic mathematics? Or only for Programming as basic logic and understanding regarding digital currencies and blockchain technology would definitely the best subject for IT and computer science and Computer Engineering.

I agree with you on the later statement regarding the basic logic and understanding of digital currencies and blockchain technology. They should incorporate this in programming subjects and we will see an explosion of crypto projects and its applications in various fields. With this idea, we will also witness many innovations and sophisticated designs and improvements. Hope this will be the popular choice of programming for the new genertion.
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:49:03 AM

Indeed, the world of education has begun to educate about cryptocurrency. For from there one can be directed to a positive world of cryptocurrency. Which can provide good benefits and useful for the crowd
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:45:14 AM

It would be interesting to see who the first teachers are to do this and if the media picks them up.  I know small media outlets would as they pretty much cover anything.

POS Wallets could teach a lot about basic math even to elementary school kids.  PiggyCoin in fact seems geared in that direction, it's like a Piggybank.

Well, that's a good idea. I would even do that in my class later (I'm a Mathematics teacher, anyways). Actually, Mathematics is a very interesting subject, and integrating it with cryptocurrency will be a great way to make it more interesting. Cryptocurrency will fit best in topics like Algebra, Probability, and Statistics where students could learn how to predict the price of a crypto with the given data.  We can also use that in other subjects like Economics.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:51:04 AM

Well, that's a good idea. I would even do that in my class later (I'm a Mathematics teacher, anyways). Actually, Mathematics is a very interesting subject, and integrating it with cryptocurrency will be a great way to make it more interesting. Cryptocurrency will fit best in topics like Algebra, Probability, and Statistics where students could learn how to predict the price of a crypto with the given data.  We can also use that in other subjects like Economics.
Economics truly suits the idea of crypto. When this will be added to your topic, especially trading, I think some of your students will be inspired to do trading, may it be crypto or stocks. As a teacher, you have a great influence to your students, and you can use that influence to make the community grow.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐