Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:47:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to have merit points?  (Read 432 times)
Stigmuu (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:22:06 PM

Does anyone know.?..thanks for the help
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superving

Activity: 938
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:43:19 PM

Take a look at this thread it will help you a lot about the new update of the forum which is the merit system.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

powerman5k

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:47:08 PM

Oh, i didnt even notice the merit thing. thanks for the link so i could read up on what i have been missing.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:49:04 PM

It's pretty much almost like Facebook's "like" or Reddit's "upvote" feature. If you post enough good content or probably give out advice to people that are in need of help/answers, then other users are more likely to give you merits.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
akiash

Activity: 152

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:35:04 PM

If you post good content in the forum and if other people found it useful, then they will give you merit points. This will help to enhance the quality of the posts and encourage good posts.
Alex Khvatov

Activity: 78
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:35:23 PM

You can get merit points by having other members give them to you for your post.

On the plus side, informative and quality posts get rewarded more. On the minus side, popular posts with strong language and ones made now, before the supply of sMerits radically decreases - are likely to get rewarded.

I, for one, believe that the sMerit system will continue to grow and hopefully develop in such a way, that only quality gets rewarded - whether you're a new member or an old one.
Rocky69

Activity: 429

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:32:15 PM

merit points have been recently introduced by Bit Coin talk probably idea behind it was as we grow in rank we become more wise in posting in forums as well as the ideas and thoughts of high ranked should help many .To earn Merit points ensure good  and useful content is posted by  you which if found useful by the readers
 will earn you merit points . BitCoin talk  believes that this would enhance the quality of the posts
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 01:46:13 PM

merit points have been recently introduced by Bit Coin talk probably idea behind it was as we grow in rank we become more wise in posting in forums as well as the ideas and thoughts of high ranked should help many .To earn Merit points ensure good  and useful content is posted by  you which if found useful by the readers
 will earn you merit points . BitCoin talk  believes that this would enhance the quality of the posts

Why have you bumped this thread? The board is cluttered enough as it is, and you haven't contributed anything.

Another one to ignore.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 02:09:08 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 02:19:47 PM by tbct_mt2

Hi,

Glad to see your question. I would like to help you with some advice but I am a little bit busy at the  moment, so I simply give you a infographics (not mine) as simple illustration

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
tranquynhtien

Activity: 102
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:23:55 PM

Briefly, I have 5 important advices for you. Hope you like them,  Grin

In order to receive merits and sMerits, you should do the following things:
1.1. Be as helpful as possible in the forum. Be helpful not equal to try being helpful. They are very different. Be helpful means you are ready to help others to solve their problems when you see it by chance. You should not pretend to be helpful, it won't help you.
1.2. Keep learning to get more experience. In IT area, particularly crypto-ecosystem, everything passed so fast, therefore you should keep learning continuously till the day before losing your last breath (just exaggeration).
1.3. Improving your post quality a little bit day by day, post by post, topic by topic. Over time, maybe one or two months, you will see big achievements (your posts might be more informative, more succinct, etc.)
1.4. Improving your English skills (even English is your native language). It is due to the fact that if you can not comprehensive understand what others wrote, you can help them; or if you write your threads in broken English, no one can understand them; then your threads will be likely useless.
1.5. Keep doing those steps continuously to form good post history, which can also help you to increase your opportunity to earn merits for good posts. Mainly because some users dont want to send their sMerits for someone who only write one good post but have bad post history with dozens of shitty posts.
Maybe more, I will update the thread with more details when ideas light up suddenly
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 06:34:41 PM

Hi,

Glad to see your question. I would like to help you with some advice but I am a little bit busy at the  moment, so I simply give you a infographics (not mine) as simple illustration

Why post that infographic which just bulks up the thread, and slows down reading for serious members. Text would have been more than sufficient.

I put you on ignore in case you do it again. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
FutureDigiCoin

Activity: 95
Merit: 22

NEXT exchange -> simple, safe and fast

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 12:55:38 PM

Briefly, I have 5 important advices for you. Hope you like them,  Grin

In order to receive merits and sMerits, you should do the following things:
1.1. Be as helpful as possible in the forum. Be helpful not equal to try being helpful. They are very different. Be helpful means you are ready to help others to solve their problems when you see it by chance. You should not pretend to be helpful, it won't help you.
1.2. Keep learning to get more experience. In IT area, particularly crypto-ecosystem, everything passed so fast, therefore you should keep learning continuously till the day before losing your last breath (just exaggeration).
1.3. Improving your post quality a little bit day by day, post by post, topic by topic. Over time, maybe one or two months, you will see big achievements (your posts might be more informative, more succinct, etc.)
1.4. Improving your English skills (even English is your native language). It is due to the fact that if you can not comprehensive understand what others wrote, you can help them; or if you write your threads in broken English, no one can understand them; then your threads will be likely useless.
1.5. Keep doing those steps continuously to form good post history, which can also help you to increase your opportunity to earn merits for good posts. Mainly because some users dont want to send their sMerits for someone who only write one good post but have bad post history with dozens of shitty posts.
Maybe more, I will update the thread with more details when ideas light up suddenly

I contribute with my posts, but haven't seen any merit points yet Wink. I'm trying to help other members to build up their knowledge as I try to do it myself.
tbct_mt2

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 01:37:34 PM

I contribute with my posts, but haven't seen any merit points yet Wink. I'm trying to help other members to build up their knowledge as I try to do it myself.
Hi,

How can you contribute to the forum with one-line threads (which I found in your post history, most of your threads are one-lined)? I don't think any users will send you their sMerits for such an extremely low-quality thread.
Please improving your thread quality before coming back and asking why you don't get merits next time.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
FutureDigiCoin

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 02:58:32 PM

Hi,

How can you contribute to the forum with one-line threads (which I found in your post history, most of your threads are one-lined)? I don't think any users will send you their sMerits for such an extremely low-quality thread.
Please improving your thread quality before coming back and asking why you don't get merits next time.

How can you judge about queality? Just by scrolling through page 1 of my posts? Or just by saying: one-liner are low quality? To give you more info: I regularly read posts which intregue me. Sometimes a short reply is sufficient, sometime not.

The people who are members and higher and who were already here for the merit system do not have to meet these requirements. Plus an additional disadvantage. If you deliver 'quality' items, but these are not seen and not assessed, then the poster will not be ranked further.

I do not want to say that the merit system is not of added value. I totally agree that it is good to get higher quality posts. But I also hope that the merit system will further be improved.

If you have friends who are higher in rank, they can help you to get merit points. Also buying votes is a solution whats not wanted, but is possible,

I do not have a ready-made solution, but I hope that this will be looked at further
tbct_mt2

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:32:44 PM

If you have friends who are higher in rank, they can help you to get merit points. Also buying votes is a solution whats not wanted, but is possible,
Hi,
What are you talking about? Merit system was launched to increase quality of forum threads generally, not for single user. In addition, if you are contributive user, you will earn merits from many users in the forum (no need to beg to merits from your friends).
Another minus point is you should not trading merits (buying or exchanging).

I think it is right time to lock your topic. Please do it.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
FutureDigiCoin

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:57:57 PM

Hi,
What are you talking about? Merit system was launched to increase quality of forum threads generally, not for single user. In addition, if you are contributive user, you will earn merits from many users in the forum (no need to beg to merits from your friends).
Another minus point is you should not trading merits (buying or exchanging).

I think it is right time to lock your topic. Please do it.

As you can read I indicated that I am for the merit system. Only it's a pity that it does not always cause the quality to increase. Friends can help each other, and merit points can also be bought.

Anyway. It is not my intention to get into a discussion. It's my intention to clarify how you get a fair assessment system, without the above issues.

I hope that other people will also be able to comment on this
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: