Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:07:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust whattomine.com?  (Read 3075 times)
Bulletdodger

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:03:29 PM

yeah, but even counting that, sometimes the numbers are way off, even in that instant.

For example, I should earn like 2 zcoin daily according to them with one of my rigs, without the overclock,
yet with a huge overclock I get just 1.5, that is a HUGE difference.

So yeah, I dont know where they dig their data from, but it is almost always off.

_

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EthereumBoy

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:25:49 PM

what to mine .com is very trsutful site. I use it a lot and can recomend it. But I prefer more own server than using other because you cant just make profit. Buy cheapest rig you can find and use it to mine currencies.
kelstasy

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain Close

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:33:10 PM

For newbies it's a good basis but as the others said better do your own research / calculations.

★★★★★★★ BLOCKLANCER ★★★★★★★
★ Freelance on the BlockchainVISIT US! JOIN BOUNTY
The first Decentralized Autonomous Job market (DAJ)
javorcro

Activity: 63

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:12:49 PM

whattomine is good site for see all coin to mine now,but for planning future and investment is not reliable
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:30:26 PM

The problem is not with the Whattomine or similar "calculator" sites as much is is with the general ignorance of most of the people on here and in the general population. It is a contagion of laziness, as there are countless posts of people asking what equipment shoudl they buy, how much will they make, what coin will make them a millionaire by next year.

My advice is to first bone up on some basic mathematics you *should have* learned in school. Next spend more than 5 minutes researching the subject before posting stupid questions. Research terms such as Network Difficulty and Game Theory to start to understand how things work in mining and the markets. Go to Investopedia and other similar sites to learn about basic trading terminology and skills. Understand that most people are going to mindlessly flock to whatever coin is most profitable to mine in any given moment, even though most of them will not be able to sell their coins until several days after when all the variable will have changed by then.

Again, the only thing wrong with Whattomine is the lazy and ignorant's expectations that a visit to a single site will given them all the answers they are looking for without having to put in any effort themselves.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:47:42 PM

yeah, but even counting that, sometimes the numbers are way off, even in that instant.

For example, I should earn like 2 zcoin daily according to them with one of my rigs, without the overclock,
yet with a huge overclock I get just 1.5, that is a HUGE difference.

So yeah, I dont know where they dig their data from, but it is almost always off.

Like ANY "calculator" site, they use a snapshot of data - and that data CHANGES.
 They also use "estimates" for each card that often won't be right for how YOU SET YOUR CARD UP, even on the same model of card.

Don't count on ANY calculator to provide 100% accuracy - there are way too many variables for that to be possible.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Etherion

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:21:13 AM

The problem is not with the Whattomine or similar "calculator" sites as much is is with the general ignorance of most of the people on here and in the general population. It is a contagion of laziness, as there are countless posts of people asking what equipment shoudl they buy, how much will they make, what coin will make them a millionaire by next year.

My advice is to first bone up on some basic mathematics you *should have* learned in school. Next spend more than 5 minutes researching the subject before posting stupid questions. Research terms such as Network Difficulty and Game Theory to start to understand how things work in mining and the markets. Go to Investopedia and other similar sites to learn about basic trading terminology and skills. Understand that most people are going to mindlessly flock to whatever coin is most profitable to mine in any given moment, even though most of them will not be able to sell their coins until several days after when all the variable will have changed by then.

Again, the only thing wrong with Whattomine is the lazy and ignorant's expectations that a visit to a single site will given them all the answers they are looking for without having to put in any effort themselves.

I like your answer.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 06:43:17 AM

✔️ Let me quote myself ( again )

Original Topic Here

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY NEWBIES KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION " ITS TO LATE TO START MINING , IT IS STILL PROFITABLE ?"

No one can tell you !
Always going to be a 2 group of ppl who telling you it's ok go for it , or dont bc you just wasting ur money !
You have to make a decision for yourself !
Do your own research !
No one can tell you for sure what's going to happen with cryptocurrency !
No one can tell you it's going to be profitable for you or not !
No one can tell you how much profit you going to be able to make ! ( if you can make any at all )
No one can tell you the ROI ( return of investment) time !
None of those calculators you are seeing on the web can tell you what's coming tomorrow , months later or 6 months later !
Those calculators telling you about today , at that moment when you typing in your information !

It's little bit of gambling , you must to decide you want to play on the lottery or not  Grin
YES some of us got lucky , made some money with mining
YES some of us got unlucky , lost some money , bc when price started to fall , sold the coins , miners

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Voltar

Activity: 63
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:56:51 AM

I think a few of us who actually go through the coins not on what to mine should collaborate.  I'm all for putting the work in but when you doing it all by your self, it takes a long time to go through all the coins that AREN'T on whattomine to find a good one.

Lol I have been a member here since 2012 and I'm still a Newbie!  Don't we get credit for not selling out?
rjsmith
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:04:31 AM

Whattomine is a great service but not all of altcoins listed there. now whattomine is good site for see all coin to mine.Whattomine is meant to be used as one of many other sources of information.  I use it alot but you cannot 100% trust anything in such a volatile market.Whattomine is a bit late on total network hashrates, but very accurate on the prices.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:31:05 AM

I use whattomine.com as a source to know what is the better coin to mining and although I am not too trust with that site, I still visit in that site when I want to mine some coin and I will take a look my chance is good or not. and if I can see my chance is big to mining a coin with my gpu then I think I will try to set up my software and then I can start mining. I think there are many another service like this which gives to us some guidance on what profitable coins with some gpu.
Buyingallcoinsz

Activity: 392
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:49:37 AM

Nothing wrong with them but I would mine whatever coin you believe in.
For example. I believe in Eth. I only get ~0.5 eth\month per 100 MHs and there might be something more profitable right now. However since I believe that eth will surpass $2k in the next 12 months, I mine eth.

Yeah probably, I believe this also
NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:56:12 AM

I'm not mining any of the coins listed on there and the only reason I visit that site now is to get a quick glance of coin prices listed at the top of the page.
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:44:04 AM

me personally:  no.  never.

I don't trust sheep following sheep.  Take that as you may Wink

About 6 months ago when whattomine was saying one thing or the other;  I was making a killing on other algos/coins.

Yes, I agree. I hope it's not a conspiracy to direct people to mine something else instead of the most profitable coins.

The best thing you can do is try coins out, that's what I usually do. I just mine something new for a few days and if it works out well, I continue otherwise I search for a new coin.

Also, when I mine something I normally do a bit of research about that coin to see if it's indeed good to mine. Otherwise, you end up mining coins and when you try to sell them their price drops or the dev team bails...
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: