Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:52:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟 ⚡🚀ANN: GATCOIN Blockchain Rewards Program [Presale on 28 October]🌟 ⚡🚀  (Read 51515 times)
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:43:06 PM

Merchant Tokens

▪ ▪ Not available during token sale
▪ ▪ Used to redeem rewards, products and services
▪ ▪ Unlimited supply and variety
▪ ▪ Issued by participating merchants
▪ ▪ Will circulate on private consortia GAT networks
▪ ▪ Not available on the main Ethereum public network
▪ ▪ Storable only in the GAT Wallet
▪ ▪ May be exchanged for GAT Coin and other Merchant Tokens on the GAT Exchange
And according to system overview paper they can be "airdropped" by merchants. So the system puts a sale on blockchain Smiley

an ICO to create new tokens for various customers. sounds great to me.

are you guys planning to set up different airdrop by each customer guide lines? may be some merchant wants some percents by purchase.
interesting idea, airdrop will attract attention for customers, and more people would know about the project! I would join

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2800
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:54:53 PM

Just read the road map long time before the release of wallet and market, I like the idea of the project offer to companies an easy way to create an own token, I will support this ico joining Bounty of Twitter and Facebook campaign...
Great, you can visit the bounty thread here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2197894
There are several other bounties too.
i just take a look at the bounty thread,you are right there are also good others opportunity to earn some bounty token,thank you,everyone should take a look at bounty thread is very interesting...
toolucky98

Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:02:04 PM

Just read the road map long time before the release of wallet and market, I like the idea of the project offer to companies an easy way to create an own token, I will support this ico joining Bounty of Twitter and Facebook campaign...
Great, you can visit the bounty thread here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2197894
i just take a look at the bounty thread,you are right there are also good others opportunity to earn some bounty token,thank you,everyone should take a look at bounty thread is very interesting...
Youre welcome, hopefully the community of this project will be bigger than we expected.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:04:09 PM

Merchant Tokens

And according to system overview paper they can be "airdropped" by merchants. So the system puts a sale on blockchain Smiley

an ICO to create new tokens for various customers. sounds great to me.

are you guys planning to set up different airdrop by each customer guide lines? may be some merchant wants some percents by purchase.
interesting idea, airdrop will attract attention for customers, and more people would know about the project! I would join

Maybe you didn't undestand Grin. He's talking about targeted airdrops (A-Drops) made by merchants. Long story short, if Starbucks has a token into the GAT system and want to do an airdrop, people with gps up and GAT app on their phone will receive an airdrop ina given area. Read it by yourself https://www.gatcoin.io/gatcoin-unveils-new-crypto-currency-airdrop-technology/

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
ben_GAT

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:14:02 PM

The system will be for online and offline, the A-Drop system allows merchants to drop coins in a geographic location which will benefit offline locations, we envisions merchants holding treasure hunts with various vouchers and the end destination being their store or event. Pokemon Go with real world prizes! Additionally the A-drop system will let merchants to send tokens directly in to the wallets of their target customers, like an electronics chain sending a promotion to every male, who has spent more than $500 on electronics in the last year in New York. This can drive traffic to both online and offline stores!

This system is explained in our System Overview https://www.gatcoin.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/170928v2-GATCOIN-System-Overview.pdf

Is your A-Drop system able to recognize if a user tries to fake his geographic location with a GPS spoofing app to get the tokens airdropped to his wallet?

But what's the problem? I mean - if you have to be on a given, offline shop to use those tokens... GPS spoofing won't teleport yourself into any location, so you'll end with useless (for you) tokens on your app.

I thought the idea behind all of this is that these merchant tokens are tradeable on the GAT exchange. So if someone teleports to a location for the airdrop and he can, in the end sell, these token on the GAT exchange for GAT tokens, it's pretty obvious that these A-drop system will be abused.

Let the devs speak then. But GPS spoofing systems are not impossible to block. Look at Pokemon Go for instance, GPS cheaters are blocked and banned.

Of course there is the possibility to block users that used GPS spoofing but I don't know if they can legally close such accounts. Would be really interesting to hear a statement from one of the team.
There must be some terms and conditions for users.
Well, the banned/blocked accounts can be unbanned/unblocked by contacting the support.

Of course we will work to discourage and, when possible, block GPS spoofing. However, as @stormcleric and @Sozialtourist pointed out, even if a user has GPS spoofing for an airdrop you will need to go to the store to use it. If you can't do that, then you can trade the tokens in the system for another. That's how the GATCOIN System is meant to work. Someone else will then get those Merchant Tokens and use them. So both customers and the merchant all get what the want in the end.  Wink
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:33:46 PM

You are right, Japan is not just a big market, it is also a crypto-friendly market. Have you seen this table?

Japan 126 million people and crypto is legal there. Great place to start.
This is huge news. Japan is very technology and cryptocurrencies friendly. Their market will be able to adopt GATCOIN project very fast  Cool
It's not surprising, in Japan officially bitcoin is legalized and there people have high salaries. GATCOIN needs Japan.

Also Japan is using reward programs a lot. So it is one of the best markets to start with. Every time I buy something here, I get asked if I have an point card etc. Would be nice to have everything in an app.

Quite out of subject, but I would love to use my smartphones for all my fidelity cards, fucking annonying when we got 20+ cards in our wallet ...
JamesIV

Activity: 238

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:41:20 PM

You are right, Japan is not just a big market, it is also a crypto-friendly market. Have you seen this table?

Japan 126 million people and crypto is legal there. Great place to start.
This is huge news. Japan is very technology and cryptocurrencies friendly. Their market will be able to adopt GATCOIN project very fast  Cool
It's not surprising, in Japan officially bitcoin is legalized and there people have high salaries. GATCOIN needs Japan.

Also Japan is using reward programs a lot. So it is one of the best markets to start with. Every time I buy something here, I get asked if I have an point card etc. Would be nice to have everything in an app.

Quite out of subject, but I would love to use my smartphones for all my fidelity cards, fucking annonying when we got 20+ cards in our wallet ...
lol. I have 3 member ship card just for 3 difference cinema company. not say about restaurant, coffee... awful

greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:44:55 PM

The system will be for online and offline, the A-Drop system allows merchants to drop coins in a geographic location which will benefit offline locations, we envisions merchants holding treasure hunts with various vouchers and the end destination being their store or event. Pokemon Go with real world prizes! Additionally the A-drop system will let merchants to send tokens directly in to the wallets of their target customers, like an electronics chain sending a promotion to every male, who has spent more than $500 on electronics in the last year in New York. This can drive traffic to both online and offline stores!

This system is explained in our System Overview https://www.gatcoin.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/170928v2-GATCOIN-System-Overview.pdf

Is your A-Drop system able to recognize if a user tries to fake his geographic location with a GPS spoofing app to get the tokens airdropped to his wallet?

But what's the problem? I mean - if you have to be on a given, offline shop to use those tokens... GPS spoofing won't teleport yourself into any location, so you'll end with useless (for you) tokens on your app.

I thought the idea behind all of this is that these merchant tokens are tradeable on the GAT exchange. So if someone teleports to a location for the airdrop and he can, in the end sell, these token on the GAT exchange for GAT tokens, it's pretty obvious that these A-drop system will be abused.

Let the devs speak then. But GPS spoofing systems are not impossible to block. Look at Pokemon Go for instance, GPS cheaters are blocked and banned.

Of course there is the possibility to block users that used GPS spoofing but I don't know if they can legally close such accounts. Would be really interesting to hear a statement from one of the team.
Well, the banned/blocked accounts can be unbanned/unblocked by contacting the support.

Of course we will work to discourage and, when possible, block GPS spoofing. However, as @stormcleric and @Sozialtourist pointed out, even if a user has GPS spoofing for an airdrop you will need to go to the store to use it. If you can't do that, then you can trade the tokens in the system for another. That's how the GATCOIN System is meant to work. Someone else will then get those Merchant Tokens and use them. So both customers and the merchant all get what the want in the end.  Wink

an excellent concept for your project, it really will be beneficial for everyone.
Everyone can get what they want more cheaply.
niklasmato

Merit: 263

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:21:34 PM

I don't think the GPS spoofing will be an issue. You can protect the system anyway by checking in the app if the gps location changes to fast. That's just a simple check. There are other checks you can implement though.
If they do spoof occasionally, I don't think the store owners will give gigantic amounts of tokens anyway so it's not really a big issue imho.
niklasmato

Merit: 263

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:22:41 PM

Types Of Merchant Tokens
Merchant Tokens may be issued to replace traditional discount coupons, gift vouchers, prepaid
cash cards, and loyalty points.
▪ Cash Tokens: used as pre-paid cash to buy products and services
▪ Discount Tokens: used as discounts to subsidise the regular cash price of products and services
▪ Loyalty Tokens: used to replace loyalty points to redeem rewards
▪ Gift Tokens: used as gift vouchers to send to friends and family
▪ Travel Tokens: used as portable currency to spend globally in network merchant stores

So, you will have different types of tokens? Or we can exchange Gatcoin for this types of tokes? Huh

The difference between GAT Coins and merchant tokens is explained in the whitepaper on pages 7 and 8. Here:

GAT Coins

▪ ▪ Available during token sale
▪ ▪ Limited supply of GAT Coin
▪ ▪ Will circulate on the main Ethereum public network
▪ ▪ Freely transferable
▪ ▪ Tradable on major exchanges
▪ ▪ Storable in all major client-wallets
▪ ▪ May not be directly exchanged for merchant products
▪ ▪ May be exchanged for merchant tokens on the GAT exchange

Merchant Tokens

I read here that the transfer of the GAT (token/coin) will be free? But you will have to pay some GAS to transfer ETH tokens? Or am I missing something.
PandaMiner

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:25:25 PM

Types Of Merchant Tokens
Merchant Tokens may be issued to replace traditional discount coupons, gift vouchers, prepaid
cash cards, and loyalty points.
▪ Cash Tokens: used as pre-paid cash to buy products and services
▪ Discount Tokens: used as discounts to subsidise the regular cash price of products and services
▪ Loyalty Tokens: used to replace loyalty points to redeem rewards
▪ Gift Tokens: used as gift vouchers to send to friends and family
▪ Travel Tokens: used as portable currency to spend globally in network merchant stores

So, you will have different types of tokens? Or we can exchange Gatcoin for this types of tokes? Huh

The difference between GAT Coins and merchant tokens is explained in the whitepaper on pages 7 and 8. Here:

GAT Coins

▪ ▪ Available during token sale
▪ ▪ Limited supply of GAT Coin
▪ ▪ Will circulate on the main Ethereum public network
▪ ▪ Freely transferable
▪ ▪ Tradable on major exchanges
▪ ▪ Storable in all major client-wallets
▪ ▪ May not be directly exchanged for merchant products
▪ ▪ May be exchanged for merchant tokens on the GAT exchange

Merchant Tokens

I read here that the transfer of the GAT (token/coin) will be free? But you will have to pay some GAS to transfer ETH tokens? Or am I missing something.
I think gat team want to say they will free trade fee. network always need gas to send transaction then there is no way (as I belive) to have free transaction on eth network

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Voltaje

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:25:33 PM

Youre welcome, hopefully the community of this project will be bigger than we expected.

There will be a BIG community once the platform is live and running, people will receive their tokens instead of giftcards and loyalty points, then we will have poeple trading theirs for others, some will exchange it for gatcoins and get money, etc. the community will be HUGE for that, and all this will start in Asia, where there are a lot of people.
ParRus

Merit: 104

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:32:21 PM

There will be a BIG community once the platform is live and running, people will receive their tokens instead of giftcards and loyalty points, then we will have poeple trading theirs for others, some will exchange it for gatcoins and get money, etc. the community will be HUGE for that, and all this will start in Asia, where there are a lot of people.

yes in Asia there is a huge potential for such things, there is much opportunities to grow and develop! in the near future they will be successful
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:47:22 PM

yes in Asia there is a huge potential for such things, there is much opportunities to grow and develop! in the near future they will be successful

I hope that the market state Asia will not have too much impact. Quite some regulations going on right now, the market is shaky.
kraterion

Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:52:43 PM

@devs, any information of which consensus algorithm will have the blockchain to secure it? Ok, it's Concurrent Byzantine Fault Tolerance instead of Practical Byzantine Fault Tolerance but it will need proof of work or proof of stake, or maybe forging, or maybe something new that doesn't even exist yet ?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:02:59 PM

I also believe in a strong community with a lot of activities on the platform, trading, buying, selling, ...
In a couple of years this will be a platform with +100k daily users Smiley. Cant wait to take part in this ICO.

Great work devs
greatteager

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:27:20 PM

It really will be great, many stores will offer tokens immediately instead of loyalty points and giftcards when the platform gains popularity.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:29:04 PM

lol. I have 3 member ship card just for 3 difference cinema company. not say about restaurant, coffee... awful

A lot of people leave their cards at home or simply don't participate because of that. If it were possible to have all loyalty programs in one mobile app then they would start to use them more often more. That increases the effectiveness of such campaigns too.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:39:35 PM

Gatcoin has potential everywhere, brand use fidelity system in a lot of countries, and are always in need to find new advertising system and way to earn new customer. And with the constant explosion of crypto market, I think regular brand will want to have their token very soon. And gatcoin can offer this !
greatteager

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:05:27 PM

Gatcoin has potential everywhere, brand use fidelity system in a lot of countries, and are always in need to find new advertising system and way to earn new customer. And with the constant explosion of crypto market, I think regular brand will want to have their token very soon. And gatcoin can offer this !
I also think so, in the future everyone will have their own tokens, although it is difficult to guess what will lead to such a lot of tokens in the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: