Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:20:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Real Bitcoin Value  (Read 1119 times)
veraoktav127

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:41:51 AM

The WSJournal article says if BTC is to change dollar, its current value is 0. Plus the ways of possible transactions with BTC is very limited and it requires spending lots of energy (who can explain the part with the energy spending?).
On the other hand if in future BTC  would depend on gold, its value will be stable and it won't be opened to any fluctuations at all.

What do you guys think about that?

Bitcoin, dollar or gold have the same function in terms of as a medium of exchange, but these three functions are different for different cases, so all will continue to function properly. and bitcoin I think its value will stay good compared to dollar

PHOENEX EXCHANGE                       
                               ● Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ●                               
TELEGRAMREDDITREDDITMEDIUMFACEBOOK   ◣WHITEPAPER   
Rinaze

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:45:56 AM

Calling Bitcoin a miracle might be a bit too much but I do agree that the market or community dictate the value of BTC and it has always been like that not just for crypto but basically for everything else as well.

Barbercash

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:52:48 AM

I guess here we need first to enter the question from the other side: what is the value of dollar? - many understands it is nothing but candy wrapper. dollar value is only in printing it)))
virtualhero

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:27:28 PM

The WSJournal article says if BTC is to change dollar, its current value is 0. Plus the ways of possible transactions with BTC is very limited and it requires spending lots of energy (who can explain the part with the energy spending?).
On the other hand if in future BTC  would depend on gold, its value will be stable and it won't be opened to any fluctuations at all.

Don't confuse your self on fake news. Bitcoin has  value in dollar, it is already traded in many platform and you can convert it into dollar if you need fiat money.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:35:36 PM

On the other hand if in future BTC  would depend on gold, its value will be stable and it won't be opened to any fluctuations at all.

Every bitcoin transaction need to be confirm by adding it to the public ledger which is blockchain, this procedure need to be done by miners using mining hardware and software,  this mining  setup consumes a lot of electrical energy, that's why it is stated "energy spending" in the article.
BTC price has volatile characteristic which is totally opposite to gold's price characteristic, it will never get stable like gold in future.
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:45:10 PM

Lol. Another cheap attempt at bashing the value of bitcoin. The value of bitcoin depends on a couple factors, them being: supply and demand, mining difficulty and scarcity. If you want to mine a bitcoin it will cost you around 4000$ to do so. Or you can buy one for a slightly higher price. Also the fact that there will only ever be 21 million makes bitcoin quite rare. Especially later down the road. On the other hand governments world wide are just printing money out of thin air. The circulating money isn't backed by their gold reservoir anymore so tell me which one has real value? Bitcoin or fiat?
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:55:53 PM

WSJ is known for click-baits and senseless contents, it's not a surprise they would make something like this. The value of bitcoin will not depend on gold, rather on the market(supply and demand) alone. Though it is not that stable because it can increase and decrease by huge amounts in a very short time, but that's the point of being volatile.
Aleya

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:33:35 AM

I think bitcoin is so much valuable. In cuyrptocurrecny world we find many coins. All of the coins bitcoin is the best . Bitcoin is like than gold. The price of bitcoin is increasing day by day. Now the price of bitcoin is $11720. In future the price will be increase more than #11720. I love bitcoin so much.
Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:11:50 AM

Any attempt to give a real value estimate to bitcoin will be quite subjective. No one can say more or less the exact real cost of bitcoin. We can tie bitcoin to regular currency, the cost of altcoyns and so on. In my opinion, bitcoin is already overestimated at this time. However, according to the laws of the market, its value is determined by the ratio of price and demand for it.
Aroshnoor

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:06:16 AM

we know bitcoin is a virtual money.and it is now very popular of world.bitcoin value pump day by day.it reason people use it real life and daily life.i hope bitcoin real value very day by day grow up.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: