Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:50:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question regarding Switch/Bridge  (Read 481 times)
CryptoBoy69 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:46:06 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new to mining and I am running into a logistics problem in my house.
I've got a garage on the first floor and my living room on the second floor. I want to put my antminers in the garage.
My router is in the living room and It is hard to esthetically pull a UTP cable from the living room to the garage to connect to a switch to connect my miners to.

I've talked to several people about having a switch that connects through wifi and has UTP ports to connect my antminers to in the garage.
Some of em said it will destroy my internetspeed.

What is your opinion on this and what Switch that can connect through wifi do you recommend?

Thanks for your advice/help.

With kind regards,
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:44:06 PM

More than one member of the forums has reported excellent results with a Powerline Ethernet adapter, thereby using the house wiring and not having to do much other than plug one in at both ends and setup for fun!  

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:10:24 AM

Use switch or any device that have a WiFi receiver, connect it to your internet modem and connect your UTP cabble to your ant miner, it will destroy your internet speed if your setup is incorrect or you have a slow internet connection. My question is what is your internet speed? are your internet connection is DSL? Fiber? or just a wireless 4G? antminer will consume some of your data so you need to have a good setup of internet connection.
adiwibowo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:31:19 AM

I think installing wifi in the house alone in the room.
CryptoBoy69 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:33:38 AM

Use switch or any device that have a WiFi receiver, connect it to your internet modem and connect your UTP cabble to your ant miner, it will destroy your internet speed if your setup is incorrect or you have a slow internet connection. My question is what is your internet speed? are your internet connection is DSL? Fiber? or just a wireless 4G? antminer will consume some of your data so you need to have a good setup of internet connection.

I have optic fiber, so its pretty fast. So i have my optic fiber modem connected to my providers router. Then I have to get a switch to connect that router to the seitch through wifi and draw ethernet cables from the switch right? Which wifi switch do you recommend?
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:40:33 PM

I have optic fiber, so its pretty fast. So i have my optic fiber modem connected to my providers router. Then I have to get a switch to connect that router to the seitch through wifi and draw ethernet cables from the switch right? Which wifi switch do you recommend?
the best setup is to have a wired network through your antminer, there's a lot of factors that affects the wifi signal you can just connect utp to your router, setup your switch to the position that suits, connect utp to your switch going to your antminer, using wireless is just an alternative way but not recomended. If your garage is not that too far from the modem then go for wired setup.
maleemk

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:11:26 AM

Wired connection is the must and Internet speed is secondary. Continuity in the internet connection is more important then the speed.

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀