Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:38:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've never been into ALTCOINs, but would it be wise to convert some BTC to LTC?  (Read 1477 times)
jhansen858

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:37:17 AM

Name one store that accepts litecoin and I'll believe it.  In the beginning at least bitcoin had alpaca socks. 

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
Seth Otterstad

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 06:15:53 AM

Alt-coins have been around for years, almost all of them are dead, and none of them have more than 25 merchants. They have almost no active development.  It's really hard to get merchants to accept them; they just tell people to convert to bitcoin.  Litecoin already has 18m coins mined and in the hands of very few people.  Only people who don't understand the network effect invest in it, and if it was easy for them, they would probably also put money into WeBidz thinking that because it has lower fees, it is superior and will overtake ebay or be "silver to ebay's gold".  Bitcoin will outperform alt-coins because its rate of growth is so much higher.

"Investing in LTC as an alternative to BTC is like using gasoline soaked cash that you keep piled up in your house as a hedge so you can rebuild if your house is destroyed in a fire" -- DeathAndTaxes

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:20:35 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 10:32:12 AM by Netnox

Not investing in LTC if you have the money is just stupid imo, because you can play the LTC/BTC and make your BTC even more. Lots of profit can be made from LTC. Lets say mtgox adds LTC (which means more murchants also) then you all will kick yourself why you didn't buy some. I say if you can afford it buy some LTC.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: