Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:11:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH sell now then re-buy later?  (Read 3773 times)
Zitudent

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 07:36:48 AM

I had 2.99ETH on Bittrex. Sold 2 for BTC to stop losses, but re-bought one by 95% the price that I sold. I was thinking it would stop there, but is still falling.

I also sold the remaining 0.99ETH for LTC, got some 8LTC I think. But LTC is also falling (in relation to BTC), did I have a good choice? Or should I have sold all for BTC?

Now I'm with 1ETH in the exchange. Can't sell all, this would legitimize the damage.

There's also nearly 3ETH in three different wallets. Should I sell them?

There's a lot of things being developed for ETH, big companies have put money on it. I don't think this is the end.

I think it is better to keep the ETH for the long term.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nogoodcoin

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:33:17 AM

Hello,

This would be pure speculation, I know, this is more of a "what would you do?" question.

I bought $2,000 US worth of ETH when it was trading at $240 US. I see some analysts saying that ETH will hover around $320-390 before a crash happens. I am sure it will rebound nicely after this supposed crash but would you sell ETH now while you're still in the green, keep the USD in your wallet and then re-buy when/if ETH falls?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
I suggest to hold for long term , but in the next time , you could choose a better point to buy in  .

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
Zitudent

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:22:16 PM

Hello,

This would be pure speculation, I know, this is more of a "what would you do?" question.

I bought $2,000 US worth of ETH when it was trading at $240 US. I see some analysts saying that ETH will hover around $320-390 before a crash happens. I am sure it will rebound nicely after this supposed crash but would you sell ETH now while you're still in the green, keep the USD in your wallet and then re-buy when/if ETH falls?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
I suggest to hold for long term , but in the next time , you could choose a better point to buy in  .

I think the price now is quite a good one to buy into.

LeoC

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:32:08 PM

Buying right now is a no brainer, the FUD is at its maximum.
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:37:41 PM

Tomorrow 142,15$  . It is very restless at the moment  . the countdown begins
i have sell für 229 today . No Risk no Fun
gcxc

Activity: 18
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:16:59 AM

I'm looking at charts for Ether for week, month, 3 month, etc.  While you could argue it has started it's ascent into an upchannel, there doesn't appear to be clear direction for Eth at present.  It's hovering at the top of the channel if you include points from Late June and the last couple weeks.  But this isn't decisive.  It could easily break lower.  We need a decisive push and hold above current levels to confirm an upswing, I think.

I don't see Eth as a valid buy right now. I'm holding some, but not enough to move the needle if it rockets higher.  If it rises and holds above 250 I will get interested again.  For now, I'm only seeing downside - great for day traders, I expect, not good for buy and hold yet, until a direction is confirmed.
Zitudent

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:04:49 PM

I think it is better to wait for a few more days.
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:27:47 PM

I think it is really bad decision to sell ETH now because already Bitcoin price is increasing so there is a big chance that the price of ETH will increase. I think if you can hold for another 1 or 2 months definitely the price of ETH will start increasing.
thisisdmitry

Activity: 67
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:42:50 PM

I think it is better to wait for a few more days.

Right now is a great price to buy! Tongue

(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 05:46:48 PM

The price has fallen 5% against bitcoin and that keeps going up. I just got out.

Now is a good time to sell.  Tongue

Zitudent

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 04:05:47 PM

The price has fallen 5% against bitcoin and that keeps going up. I just got out.

Now is a good time to sell.  Tongue

I think it could be good time to buy the ETH now. The bitcoin has risen too much.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: