Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: God  (Read 2242 times)
mae1234

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:50:33 AM

There is common belief, that rejecting God is the same as rejecting morality. Atheist, they are unintelligent and mentally weak.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nadim_m33095

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:07:04 AM

God has a unique belief in people of every religion. I believe in him as a Muslim. He is our guardian. If you do not believe in God, then you will not be able to expect a day or a person in the Hereafter. And he has commanded us or forbidden us to do it properly. We have to do something that works well. His time will be to worship him at the right time. I love and believe god.
spiker777

Activity: 997
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 11:16:49 AM

Hmm...Where to begin? - God does not exist.

There is nu supreme being that created the universe or us, its simply science that did. There is plenty of scientific evidence supporting my statement but there is no proof of God's existence. The bible is no proof, as it was written by smart humans who wanted to subjugate the rest of the 'not so smart' humans which was necessary back in the day, but in the current era its almost shameful that there still is a large number of people not looking at the FACTS and think that GOD exists which is a drawback to society.

Religion altogether is a monopoly, to control people and at the same time a business, but many are oblivious even when the evidence is staring right at them! Its infuriating to see so many people waste their life on false beliefs which were passed down the generations, no evidence whatsoever, and waiting for the ever promised eternity. Live your life now, conquer it now because there is no afterlife, and STOP relying on some being that does not exist, instead rely on YOURSELF.

Browncephas

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 08:34:57 PM

Since most of the topics here are mostly about religion, i too would like to create a topic with regards to this.

I would like to question those who consider God as something that is purely fictional. Why did you arrive to this kind of conclusion? Do you have any proofs as to why God is not real? If so, then how could humans existed ? Do you think we came from a single tiny organism? Which through time had landed in this perfectly habitual planet and started to grew body parts?

Im just curious and wanted to hear their side on this
As humans, we have an innate desire to understand the meaning and purpose of life, a type of hunger that can remain after our physical needs have been met. This is part of what the Bible calls our “spiritual need,” which includes the desire to know and worship God. this alone points to a creator
Beli99

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 01:48:15 PM

I belive in God but not in conventionally way i dont think that God is a singular being like judge or something like that i believe that God is creation ,its is all positivity all good energy and does have a physical and spiritual source location in the universe. Believe that when we do well and feel good about it or happy about something we are drawing on God’s energy

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
kefir56

Activity: 73
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:45:20 AM

Fostered in us by materialism, prevents to understand God. You can not regard God as a separate person, or as something that can be touched. And it's wrong to think that God is waiting for something from us, we need it. You can not come to him, you can know him and this is the most difficult! I'm not sure that God exists, but sometimes when I sacrifice myself for the sake of the good of another person it seems to me that my uncertainty begins to dissipate. Happiness to you! Smiley

jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:03:03 PM

Well, honestly whatever human beings cannot answer then they blame it on god. I mean technically we all know the first microorganism came from the Meteor which hit the earth at billions of years ago and people will ask him who have planned that media to crush in our earth and I will say no one because it's is the confidence. Imagine what will happen if that meteor does not hit the earth and we do not exist are exist in some other place. There is no god there is just coincidence. I have seen many people whenever they cannot answer something and they simply reply me that it is done by God. It's just like movies we don't know which good to believe. The fake god(made by humans) or the real god(who made the universe).
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:41:39 AM

Heres a scale of faith Dawkins created, I think it will help your thread OP
1. Strong theist. 100% probability of God. In the words of C.G. Jung: "I do not believe, I know."
2. De facto theist. Very high probability but short of 100%. "I don't know for certain, but I strongly believe in God and live my life on the assumption that he is there."
3. Leaning towards theism. Higher than 50% but not very high. "I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God."
4. Completely impartial. Exactly 50%. "God's existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable."
5. Leaning towards atheism. Lower than 50% but not very low. "I do not know whether God exists but I'm inclined to be skeptical."
6. De facto atheist. Very low probability, but short of zero. "I don't know for certain but I think God is very improbable, and I live my life on the assumption that he is not there."
7. Strong atheist. "I know there is no God, with the same conviction as Jung knows there is one."
I think both stance 1 and 7 is completely irrational

Replace the word "god" with "giant purple unicorn" and is it sill completely irrational?

I believe that god exist because this was the teaching of my parents when i am growing up

This is the cause of most religious belief these days. If your parents raised you to believe in Scientology you would probably be a Scientologist. If they raised you atheist then you'd probably be an atheist. You should question your beliefs and not just blindly follow whatever your parents brainwashed you with. I think people should teach their kids how to think not what to think and the world would be a better place, or at least we'd have more free-thinkers.

and everyday be thankful to god because he give us another day to live.

And to what about all those he doesn't give another day to? What about the babies that are born dead or die shortly after from cancer or some other horrible illness that wouldn't exist if there was a god? What is the reasoning for that?
hiroshmax

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:43:37 AM

Yes God exists. I believe and I know I feel that. Sometimes people may tell there is no God or every thing is just sense or matter. Ok if it is a sense. Why do you believe that "this is right " why..!!? And God make no sense.! Ok.! And do you know in every action there is a  opposite action. For example black vs white, day vs night, hope vs vengeance, good vs evil, positive vs negative. My question is, is this everything caught to your sense or can you feel there things. 

Think about that,
God is exists.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:43:00 AM

Yes God exists. I believe and I know I feel that. Sometimes people may tell there is no God or every thing is just sense or matter. Ok if it is a sense. Why do you believe that "this is right " why..!!? And God make no sense.! Ok.! And do you know in every action there is a  opposite action. For example black vs white, day vs night, hope vs vengeance, good vs evil, positive vs negative. My question is, is this everything caught to your sense or can you feel there things. 

Think about that,
God is exists.

Some people feel they're stalked by ghosts or demons but it doesn't make their 'feelings' right. Some people "feel" that the earth is flat, but without any proof to back it up it's just nonsense. Same goes for religion. People can think things are right or wrong without god. They're called morals and you don't need religion to be moral. In fact, I usually find that some of the most despicable and egotistical people who have done the most evil in the world are religious or claim to be religious. Also, just because there is duality or 'ying and yang' in things doesn't somehow prove there is a god. Where is the logic in that? You say good and evil as proof, but that would be more proof in the opposite of what you're saying. If there was a god then there would be no evil. If there was a god then babies wouldn't die of cancer. God has no part in any of that; it's just the reality of nature. Cancer exists because genes are faulty and were not created by someone; they mutate, and hence why we have evolution and all the diseases and parasites that come along with it.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:31:39 PM

I am one of the non-believers of God. I believe only in myself and what I do I think people only think about God when they are helpless or they do not have a proof of something. You can see the science or any theory which you like otherwise whenever someone cannot explain something then they just simply turn that towards the term God. We are on this planet called earth because of an accident if we were not here then maybe that asteroid can struct to any other planet and we are not alive here to talk about this.  Is it hard to believe that that type of accident never happens and you believe that someone got caught helped us to avoid that accident I call that foolish?
emsol

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:02:13 PM

I believe the king of kings exist because he is the greatest and he would continue to be
Gerald_Albright

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:18:48 PM

I am one of the non-believers of God. I believe only in myself and what I do I think people only think about God when they are helpless or they do not have a proof of something. You can see the science or any theory which you like otherwise whenever someone cannot explain something then they just simply turn that towards the term God. We are on this planet called earth because of an accident if we were not here then maybe that asteroid can struct to any other planet and we are not alive here to talk about this.  Is it hard to believe that that type of accident never happens and you believe that someone got caught helped us to avoid that accident I call that foolish?
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I'm not sure that you fully answered the question. I think there are two different ways to talk about non-believers. Some people just don't believe that God exists. Some people are very sure that "He" does not exist. There is a difference between the lack of belief and the belief that there is no God. The original post was talking about those that believe God is fictitious. What proof do you have that there is no God? How can you be so sure of that?
ArcticCrawler

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:17:58 AM

For every living thing, there is a creator. Our invention is technology, and Gods invention is us. But many people will say that because they have never seen any evidence to suggest that gods are not fictional, and it seems that neither have atheists, because none of the reasons they use to justify their faith comes close to being evidence, or even particularly reasonable.
And their conviction is further reinforced by the way that some atheists regard unbelief, or the belief in different gods to their own, as deserving of violent punishment. this makes many wonder why they're so afraid of disbelief.
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:31:06 PM

Heres a scale of faith Dawkins created, I think it will help your thread OP
1. Strong theist. 100% probability of God. In the words of C.G. Jung: "I do not believe, I know."
2. De facto theist. Very high probability but short of 100%. "I don't know for certain, but I strongly believe in God and live my life on the assumption that he is there."
3. Leaning towards theism. Higher than 50% but not very high. "I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God."
4. Completely impartial. Exactly 50%. "God's existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable."
5. Leaning towards atheism. Lower than 50% but not very low. "I do not know whether God exists but I'm inclined to be skeptical."
6. De facto atheist. Very low probability, but short of zero. "I don't know for certain but I think God is very improbable, and I live my life on the assumption that he is not there."
7. Strong atheist. "I know there is no God, with the same conviction as Jung knows there is one."
I think both stance 1 and 7 is completely irrational

I prefer to take each god claim as a separate issue.

I am a 7 in respect to the old gods, zeus/odin, loki, thor, athena, et al.  I believe there is zero chance any of them exist.

I am a 7 in respect to any specific western god claim I have heard.  This list includes God (with a big G to steal that name too), Allah, Yahweh/Jehovah/יהוה, Elohim/אֱלֹהִים, et al.  These gods are all self-contradictory if you read their books.  There is The Problem of Evil, and many other issues that western religions have no good answer for.

I am a 7 in respect to the specific Hindu gods if taken literally, though I don't know if Hindu's view Shiva etc, as literal or metaphor for human behavior.  I suppose if it is a metaphor, then it isn't really a god, so no point giving a metaphor a rating.

The only description of a god that makes any sense to me is the generic eastern belief common to Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.  Basically, god splits into zillions of pieces which is the substance that everything in the universe is made from.  Each and everything in the universe is a little piece of god exploring the rest of the universe.  There is no real point to it other than eternity is boring without something to do.

I'd actually give this a 3 on the Dawkins scale.  It certainly makes more sense than any other explanation I've heard

Moloch

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:25:49 PM

If God created bisexuals, does that made God bi-curious?
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 07:32:07 PM

Since most of the topics here are mostly about religion, i too would like to create a topic with regards to this.

I would like to question those who consider God as something that is purely fictional. Why did you arrive to this kind of conclusion? Do you have any proofs as to why God is not real? If so, then how could humans existed ? Do you think we came from a single tiny organism? Which through time had landed in this perfectly habitual planet and started to grew body parts?

i considered god and religion as purely fictional because it made sense that it was an abused tool for power grabbers. and war mongerers.

life is a nightmare for us as we have to constantly do decisions based on things we dont know.

Moloch

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:19:38 AM

For me it is whether or not a specific God claim has met its burden of proof.  It is not up to me to prove that each of the thousands of god myths are false, it is up to them to prove they are true.  I do not believe any of them have come close.

I don't believe in things unless there is evidence or a logical reason to believe in it.  Some people believe in fairies, but I don't see any evidence for them.  Same goes for gods.

Most people don't believe in Zeus or Thor or any of the old gods... I simply take this 1 step further
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: