Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:08:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: European offshore bank friendly on BTC - HELP  (Read 980 times)
GiulianoHK (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:11:29 AM

Hello everyone, i would like to ask a quick help and some heads up from you.

One of my clients which we (company where i work) are about to incorporate his company here in Hong Kong, asked us to assist him in opening an offshore bank account in Europe, not to mention that this bank should be friendly with clients who engage business and their turnover with BTC. Sadly here in HK no chance banks are willing to assist for the reasons you guys may know. I will try to provide some details (really few so far haha) in case may be to help for your heads;

- Ltd. HK based company
- Director owns EU passport
- As i v realized so far, he s providing BTC exchange services and the daily cash turnover will be pretty high with hundreds of bank transactions por day
- A corporate bank account is needed

Our\His needs;

- An european bank willing to open an offshore account for a HK based company
- Following bank should be "friendly" with businesses with BTC involved, providing a related platform fund transfers and IB banking of course

Basically that s all i got on hand so far, apologies if may not be enough but some help or suggest will be really appreciated, especially if there is some bank insider over here, we will be happy to co-operate bringing you the client.

Considering, i have just approcahed him tho, since we will get back to him with further infos in a few, that an option may be Latvia, but of course you may correct me.

Thank you sooooo much in advance to everyone who s gonna read and post

Cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 10:45:37 AM

At the moment there is no country which legalized bitcoins. The banking system is very bureaucratic. To accept bitcoin need the decision of all EU countries. It's not real. I heard that in the Netherlands you can pay with bitcoins utilities, but I am sure that this scheme enabled the online exchange. On account of the company should come only Euros. Moreover you will be required to convert their bitcoins to determine the amount of your income and determine tax rates.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:39:39 AM

Fidor Bank in Germany?
One HK bank which has offices in Europe?
Or maybe Norvik. Don't know how nice they are to BTC holders but they're modern, and trying to seduce entrepreneurs in the Baltic states.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
secattorney

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 03:35:26 PM

I represent a Cayman Islands chartered/based bank that would perhaps suit your clients needs? PM if you are interested in me making the introduction. Cheers
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:15:46 PM

I'm not sure about the offshore aspect, but there are EU banks dealing with Bitcoin business though they may not welcome new relationships.

As far as I know Coinbase's EUR operations use LHV bank in Estonia - https://www.lhv.ee/en/

LHV also seem to be crypto friendly in general - https://www.coindesk.com/lhv-bank-exec-we-support-bitcoins-values/

That would be my first port of call.

I'm not sure if Kraken's main bank is Fidor, but they do integrate them for customers. The UK version of Fidor doesn't offer business accounts. Maybe the German one does.

GiulianoHK (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:21:03 PM

At the moment there is no country which legalized bitcoins. The banking system is very bureaucratic. To accept bitcoin need the decision of all EU countries. It's not real. I heard that in the Netherlands you can pay with bitcoins utilities, but I am sure that this scheme enabled the online exchange. On account of the company should come only Euros. Moreover you will be required to convert their bitcoins to determine the amount of your income and determine tax rates.

Many thanks for replying me mate, just to make sure in case i did not express myself correctly, basically this guy/company is providing his\its cutomerswith BTCs, in exchange of cash, about the tax purpose calculation is a good point i know. I also heard about netherlands that may be an option for our case but still not sure also considering we are all oversea
GiulianoHK (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:15:53 PM

Fidor Bank in Germany?
One HK bank which has offices in Europe?
Or maybe Norvik. Don't know how nice they are to BTC holders but they're modern, and trying to seduce entrepreneurs in the Baltic states.
Thanks for your suggests, about the HK banks which have branches in EU honestly we still did not think about it, as we experienced here in HK, they are not friendly with businesses with BTC involved, so we assumed also in EU they would not, but in somehow this guy has to find a way out hahah.. Germany well the thing is that the bank should be providing with an offshore account, i don t think that would be possible in Germany, ofc correct me in case..
GiulianoHK (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:08:34 PM

I represent a Cayman Islands chartered/based bank that would perhaps suit your clients needs? PM if you are interested in me making the introduction. Cheers

Will definitely tell him about this option today and let you know in case he would be fine with that, many thanks appreciated
GiulianoHK (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:53:07 PM

I'm not sure about the offshore aspect, but there are EU banks dealing with Bitcoin business though they may not welcome new relationships.

As far as I know Coinbase's EUR operations use LHV bank in Estonia - https://www.lhv.ee/en/

LHV also seem to be crypto friendly in general - https[Suspicious link removed]c-we-support-bitcoins-values/

That would be my first port of call.

I'm not sure if Kraken's main bank is Fidor, but they do integrate them for customers. The UK version of Fidor doesn't offer business accounts. Maybe the German one does.

thank you mate, sounds like a good option but i wonder whether you can easily go offshore in Estonia, i m not so practical about banking in EU unfortunately, i m getting deeper now with Estonia, thanks again
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:19:41 PM

Why don't you try Falcon Private Bank? It is a Swiss bank, and very friendly with bitcoins. They have gone as far as offering to buy bitcoins for their clients. Investors can ask their asset managers to purchase and store bitcoin on their behalf, a first for conventional banks. They may take your business.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:28:26 PM

Why don't you try Falcon Private Bank? It is a Swiss bank, and very friendly with bitcoins. They have gone as far as offering to buy bitcoins for their clients. Investors can ask their asset managers to purchase and store bitcoin on their behalf, a first for conventional banks. They may take your business.
I don't understand why you need a realtor to buy and store bitcoins? The functions of the Bank lies elsewhere. If they deal only with those functions you listed then I think they will not have customers. It seems to me that the usual for us, the banking system cannot coexist with bitcoin.
ember.suc

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:06:40 AM

In my opinion, the perfect offshore banking solution is a pier to pier system based on the blockchain which transmits FIAT currency from bank to bank. This would operate outside of SWIFT and Fedwire, and thus avoid the fees.
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:03:02 AM

... The UK version of Fidor doesn't offer business accounts. Maybe the German one does.

The German version of Fidor actually does offer business accounts. However, they seem
to be mainly catering to small startups and small businesses and I highly doubt that they would
be offering their services to a high-volume Bitcoin exchange that is incorporated in Hong Kong.

I don´t think that you will find what you are looking for with the current regulatory environment in
Europe. Bitfinex seems to have found a workaround by sharing their bank account at a small
Polish bank with cex.io, but I´m not sure how long this relationship will/can last.
ralf2018

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:34:40 PM

The European Banking Authority (EBA) told the European Union (EU) banks - which it regulates - to shun bitcoins until the EBA develops safeguards to protect their integrity.
Amseth

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:54:16 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2019, 10:19:28 AM by Amseth

I work with a bank in Poland that may suit your needs. Feel free to PM me for details.

This post is for me? Smiley  Please, send me the details at contact mail :  krypto.business@protonmail.com ! Thank you ! Have a nice day !
P.S. I tryied to message you but I cant ...maybe you are offline !
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 03:13:52 AM

I've heard some people talking about how Portugal has very low taxes for crypto gains, so they may be what you call "crypto friendly"?

As far as within the European union, I don't think so. You are going to get scrutinized heavily with that volume of transactions. You will probably need an special permission as someone that makes a living of this activity of exchanging currencies which changes depending on jurisdictions so expect a lot of paperwork and bureaucracy.

A lot of online entrepreneurs seem to be looking at Estonia too to establish their fiscal residence so they may be Bitcoin friendly?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: