Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:59:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Atheist Believe Afterlife?  (Read 1032 times)
Sea_Liker

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:34:35 AM

It seems to me that atheists generally do not believe in anything. I, like many of us, believe. I think that everyone has his own way in the afterlife prepared for death.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:10:26 AM

Did Atheist Believe Afterlife?
If No, So What Do You Think Will Happen When You Died?

I do not believe in afterlife as an atheist . After we die , we will turn into nothing but a flesh and people will sleep peacefully for ever and ever. These are the real stuffs which will happen afterlife not heaven and hell for sure.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
jagmrx

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:33:14 AM

Some atheist don't believe in afterlife. But some atheist believe it because they believe there is a supernatural power in this universe.
It's strange, but it's true. Some atheist don't believe in a God, but they believe there is a supernatural force beyond human logic.
But most of atheist don't believe in anything at all. They believe, all miracles that happen in our lifes can be explain through science.
Lucas 777

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:02:08 AM

NO because Atheist mean not believe in any thing
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:12:49 AM

It depends on how they define themselves as atheists. I believe there are atheists that may not believe in the gods worshiped today but believe there may be some "force" out there that may possibly allow for stuff we think are miracles in religion. That is more close to pantheists though.

Generally though, when you see someone call himself atheist, he don't believe  in any god or supernatural force at all.
akiexx

Activity: 76
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:07:37 PM

Atheist means unbelievable so I guess they don't believe there is a afterlife. They only believe that if you do good to other they will give it back. They only believe in humanity. I think they only believe that if they die that's the end they die and no afterlife total black out.
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:02:25 PM

It depends on how they define themselves as atheists. I believe there are atheists that may not believe in the gods worshiped today but believe there may be some "force" out there that may possibly allow for stuff we think are miracles in religion. That is more close to pantheists though.

Generally though, when you see someone call himself atheist, he don't believe  in any god or supernatural force at all.

Good point, I think most atheists don't believe in anything supernatural, without scientific evidence. However, as you said, there are some exceptions.

One thing I have been pondering recently, as an atheist, is whether the world is in fact a simulation, run by higher beings. If this was true, I guess there might be something like an afterlife (which would technically be "real" life...)

The question is, are these beings "gods" or are they simply advanced life-forms still obeying the laws of physics. To an atheist, does it matter?
bj2639

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:21:18 PM

As far as I know they don't.
And They have a permanent place in hell.

If you have ever prayed in public, you will be right there too. Maybe you should actually read your fairytales before you spout BS. You have also probably come into contact with a woman on her period, but judging from the fact that you are posting here I am pretty sure that you weren't stoned to death. Also, have you visited the 4 corners of the flat world or seen planes bounce off of the crystal dome above the Earth? Of course not, because the bronze age shepherds who made up your religion were wrong. Religion has never disproven science, but science disproves stories from the bible all of the time. You just look like an ignorant fool if you constantly move the goalposts and never accept that you were brainwashed into believing fairytales as fact.
beonline

Activity: 192
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:35:23 PM

I think to atheists, death basically means ceasing from existence, so.. Nothing happens  Undecided
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:00:48 PM

Atheist don't really believe anything. That is the meaning of the word, not a believer.
They only know what is likely and what is unlikely. And religion seems very likely to be a lie, so they are not religious.
A lot of things will happen when you die, but none if it involve your experience. You will just not exist anymore.
It is hard for someone who was only ever being aware of him existing to imagine what it is like to not exist, but there is simply noting to imagine, it is not an experience.
Just like when you go to sleep and wake up after hours and don't remember any of it.
If it is hard for you to imagine that you don't experience stuff, then don't think about it, it really isn't important. You can imagine whatever you want, as long as it doesn't affect your actions now, it really doesn't matter.

Wish I could give you a +1 for an excellent definition.  Smiley

-1 for misdefining the word Atheist which is a greek word meaning '''without god/gods''. Several non dualistic religions such as Taoism and Jainism can be defined as atheistic, if they do mention the term god it is within their own respective context. They do believe in an afterlife though most primarily reïncarnation.
Kind of funny that Atheists don't even know the definition of Atheïsm.

SO: ATHEISM MEANS: ''WITHOUT GOD/GODS" IT DOES NOT MEAN NOT A BELIEVER cause you can still believe in a multitude of things,concepts and idea's.

aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:32:13 PM

SO: ATHEISM MEANS: ''WITHOUT GOD/GODS" IT DOES NOT MEAN NOT A BELIEVER cause you can still believe in a multitude of things,concepts and idea's.

Atheism is just a word, it means what people want it to mean. I never understood why some people get so hung up on the grammar or historical roots of the words and phrases. Literally the only purpose of the words is for people to communicate and if the point is unambiguously spread, then that is all that matters.
Everybody has their own definition of what words mean and the most common ones are the ones that makes sense using, as it will allow you to speak to most people and that is all that words are meant for. As you can see in many definitions in dictionaries ( https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheist ) atheism is just whatever people mean when the say that word and in most cases it is just not believing in God. But since God is the most common thing people believe disregarding the likelihood of such a thing, I think that it is very fair to say that atheists don't believe in anything.

When people say they believe in something, sometimes they mean just that they find it more likely, since it is harder to say that. Again, it is just a definition on what most people want it to be, it is just a consensus of the protocol in use. When I used the word "believe", I used the definition that makes most sense in this context, the belief without any evidence, not as in belief as most likely.
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:58:09 PM

yes i believe
Are you an atheist? If you are, then what do you say about after life or after death? What do you believe there will be and what will happen?

sohcahtoa1199

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:02:43 PM

First and foremost, Atheist don't even believe in the existence of a Deity and we all know that it mostly those who believe in God that believes that when we die we get judged in the afterlife. Atheists believe that once you are dead then you are dead and some even believe in reincarnation.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:20:56 PM

Atheism is just a word, it means what people want it to mean. I never understood why some people get so hung up on the grammar or historical roots of the words and phrases. Literally the only purpose of the words is for people to communicate and if the point is unambiguously spread, then that is all that matters.
Everybody has their own definition of what words mean and the most common ones are the ones that makes sense using, as it will allow you to speak to most people and that is all that words are meant for. As you can see in many definitions in dictionaries ( https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheist ) atheism is just whatever people mean when the say that word and in most cases it is just not believing in God. But since God is the most common thing people believe disregarding the likelihood of such a thing, I think that it is very fair to say that atheists don't believe in anything.

When people say they believe in something, sometimes they mean just that they find it more likely, since it is harder to say that. Again, it is just a definition on what most people want it to be, it is just a consensus of the protocol in use. When I used the word "believe", I used the definition that makes most sense in this context, the belief without any evidence, not as in belief as most likely.

Dude the link you just gave me says exactly the same as what I said (link): Definition of atheist

:a person who does not believe in the existence of a god or any gods :one who subscribes to or advocates atheism

My stated definition as by the Greeks: Atheïsm without god/gods.
So by both definitions an Atheist can still believe in a multitude of concepts/idea's.

And no words don't mean whatever someone means with it, if we do that whats the F**** point of having language in the first place, sky is grass and grass is home. Home is a keyboard and a keyboard is a computer and a computer is a glass of water. No it doesn't f***** work like that. Yes grammar is important cause languages depend on grammar to be able to express what we mean. The most basic example is your and you're. So many people mix this up and it means a world of difference in what you're saying.

You want to have a generation of illiterate d***bag* who can't properly formulate a sentence to defend their argument? Who start writing in emoji's instead?
It is f**** important and yes I get hung up on that. I won't get mad but I surely will tell you about it. I mean it doesn't matter right?- that we get most of our knowledge from books that are written way in the past from when we now live. If we translate or misinterpret that wrong it will be like you're reading a whole different thing.

You know that Erasmus was almost exiled from the vatican for claiming he found translation mistakes in the Bible, if I'm correct a good 52 of them.
You know how sensitive the information is from old greek that if we interpret it slightly different it means a whole another thing?
You know how sensitive interpretation is with religious texts?
You know how easily people can be manipulated trough mistranslation, misinterpretation? Especially if they don't even understand grammar or sentence construction. Let alone can read and write.
You know how much easier it is to formulate an argument if you have a broad vocabulary? And how much easier it is to convince others with proper formulation?
But I guess this all doesn't matter because the Vatican just had a different defintion of the words... Erasmus should have kept his nosy little mouth shut.
Then Calvin and Luther would have never started to seperate from the Vatican and create Calvinism and Lutherism

Language and grammar are important it is one of the reasons we are not still in the stone age throwing rocks and feces at eachother.
Language means organisation and organisation means progress and efficiency. It means you can work in a team when you communicate with eachother.

But no lets let everyone have their own definition of everything, that will certainly help. Like those people from Black Lives Matter who say that racism can only be aimed towards black people and not the other way around. Or who don't even understand the difference between discrimination and racism.
No please, lets take a big dump on every bit of progress we made and go back to the f***** stone age.

P.S. You just didn't proof anything, you only reaffirmed that I was right in the first place I doubt you even checked that link. And if you do then you reaffirmed my argument that grammar, language and vocabulary is important as you couldn't tell that Miriam-webster and I we're saying the exact same thing only formulated different.

Also History starts from the point that we write stuff down, everything before that is pre-historic.

aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:25:53 PM

Dude the link you just gave me says exactly the same as what I said (link): Definition of atheist

:a person who does not believe in the existence of a god or any gods :one who subscribes to or advocates atheism

My stated definition as by the Greeks: Atheïsm without god/gods.
So by both definitions an Atheist can still believe in a multitude of concepts/idea's.

And no words don't mean whatever someone means with it, if we do that whats the F**** point of having language in the first place, sky is grass and grass is home. Home is a keyboard and a keyboard is a computer and a computer is a glass of water. No it doesn't f***** work like that. Yes grammar is important cause languages depend on grammar to be able to express what we mean. The most basic example is your and you're. So many people mix this up and it means a world of difference in what you're saying.

You want to have a generation of illiterate d***bag* who can't properly formulate a sentence to defend their argument? Who start writing in emoji's instead?
It is f**** important and yes I get hung up on that. I won't get mad but I surely will tell you about it. I mean it doesn't matter right?- that we get most of our knowledge from books that are written way in the past from when we now live. If we translate or misinterpret that wrong it will be like you're reading a whole different thing.

You know that Erasmus was almost exiled from the vatican for claiming he found translation mistakes in the Bible, if I'm correct a good 52 of them.
You know how sensitive the information is from old greek that if we interpret it slightly different it means a whole another thing?
You know how easily people can be manipulated trough mistranslation, misinterpretation? Especially if they don't even understand grammar or sentence construction. Let alone can read and write.
You know how much easier it is to formulate an argument if you have a broad vocabulary? And how much easier it is to convince others with proper formulation?
But I guess this all doesn't matter because the Vatican just had a different defintion of the words... Erasmus should have kept his nosy little mouth shut.
Then Calvin and Luther would have never started to seperate from the Vatican and create Calvinism and Lutherism

Language and grammar are important it is one of the reasons we are not still in the stone age throwing rocks and feces at eachother.
Language means organisation and organisation means progress and efficiency. It means you can work in a team when you communicate with eachother.

But no lets let everyone have their own definition of everything, that will certainly help. Like those people from Black Lives Matter who say that racism can only be aimed towards black people and not the other way around. Or who don't even understand the difference between discrimination and racism.
No please, lets take a big dump on every bit of progress we made and go back to the f***** stone age.

P.S. You just didn't proof anything, you only reaffirmed that I was right in the first place I doubt you even checked that link. And if you do then you reaffirmed my argument that grammar, language and vocabulary is important as you couldn't tell that Miriam-webster and I we're saying the exact same thing only formulated different.

Also History starts from the point that we write stuff down, everything before that is pre-historic.

Oops. I guess you did say the exact same definition. It wasn't that I didn't read the link I gave, I just didn't read your post that mindfully.
I like how pissed are you and claim that you won't get mad about it Cheesy Cheesy
I really find your ranting very amusing, especially the "starting writing with the emoji" part Cheesy Good job!
I love it! haha!

Dude it happened 2000 years ago, let it go. Who cares?
If you are a historian translator, then sure, learn all about that historic roots of the word thing. Have a blast, good luck! I just don't care.

The progress isn't just keeping everything ever invented, it is about letting things go, as well. Not all that happened is something we should keep.
Keep it in the books, sure, but not in the minds of every human.

Listen. the point is that people understand each other, that is the point of the language. I am saying that the meaning of a word is what people as a society chooses it is and sometimes they change it. There is nothing wrong with that, no houses will burn if someone changes the definition.

But you are correct that I jumped to the conclusion in my first reply. Atheist doesn't literally mean the lack of belief in anything, but I explained it later on.
A bit of Christian forgiveness would be nice here.

As for the Black Lives Matter thing, cut them some slack. Sure some might be wrong, but there is only one way the racism was really a problem in the World and in America, so excuse them if they are not paying much importance to the racism towards the white people.

All in all, you are a funny dude, but please chill for your own sake, you might just get a heart attack if you continue getting all worked up because some dude on the Internet said something you don't really agree with.
RoronoaJorah

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:43:24 PM

I don't think an Atheist believe in afterlife, they will neither believed God how will they be able to believe it, coz only those who believe in God who has this hope in his heart that after all our trouble and hardship and pain we encounter and experience here on earth we would have rest and happiness in heaven in his presence.
Micko1369

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:57:54 PM

I am atheist, and i believe in something, i believe i some kind of reincarnation, something just as afterlife.
ichsan ardi

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:08:55 AM

atheist isn't believe anything that cant be explain by logic. ex. God. why atheist believe that God really doesn't exist? cause they cant explain how God face, or God look like.. so they dont trust God. and its the same with afterlife, they dont believe it. so they think, after we died is nothing happen. just died and then "END".

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
mudslide

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:56:54 AM

Your body will decompose if you are buried.
If you are cremated, the energy content stored in your body is released as heat.

We are just smart apes.

This basically sums it up perfectly on how we (atheist) look at death. No afterlife, heaven nor hell just a body in the cold ground or ashes (if cremated)
jdeanne92

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:31:27 AM

Maybe yes, maybe not. We cant personally define someone for what he believe. After all he is just a thinking human being. He/she knows more about his/her self. Being an atheist doesnt really define your role in the society. There are also atheist that doesnt believe in afterlife and also there are who believe.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: