Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:51:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Help, Help the Solo mining Newbies get started  (Read 210 times)
superish96 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:58:04 AM

So I have been investing in bitcoin for a while and I didn't have the funds to get started.
Now I would like to solo mine. What I have been searching high and low for a proper tutorial, but I cannot find one. I also don't know jack about coding. Is there an actual tutorial or video link that someone can share with me to show me how to set it up from start to finish. From download to running the program. BTW I have Mac OSX, and a 2Pac Gekko Miner. So if there is a tutorial of how to set that up I would be even more grateful. Thanks guys in advance. Smiley

Sincerely,

Mining Newbie, BTC oldie

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lion BItcoin Shop

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

BitcoreService.com

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:00:36 AM

So I have been investing in bitcoin for a while and I didn't have the funds to get started.
Now I would like to solo mine. What I have been searching high and low for a proper tutorial, but I cannot find one. I also don't know jack about coding. Is there an actual tutorial or video link that someone can share with me to show me how to set it up from start to finish. From download to running the program. BTW I have Mac OSX, and a 2Pac Gekko Miner. So if there is a tutorial of how to set that up I would be even more grateful. Thanks guys in advance. Smiley

Sincerely,

Mining Newbie, BTC oldie

2pac Gekko miner? thats f*cking old device miner, i think your hashrate not enough to start solo mining. im recomended to mining new altcoin with basic scrypt algorithm, so you can earn more coin, is better than you try mining bitcoin.

superish96 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:24:34 AM

Even doing that. I would need to learn how to do that from scratch. And I still cannot find a tutorial video of how to get started because they all assume you are pool mining. Thus, My question still stands. Is there a video out there to learn how to do it or a person that can guide me through it?
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:18:37 AM

they all assume you are pool mining.

Solo mining is the same as pool mining.  Just replace the regular pool with the solo pool "solo.ckpool.org".  Using that solo pool would be better than solo mining on your own machine.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: