Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:52:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Update] Bitcoin-Contact - Your Bitcoin Identity + Send messages to bitcoin user  (Read 5010 times)
reubgr

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 10:24:55 PM

Just registered and hit yet another bug. Hitting so many bugs is somewhat disappointing. What kind of testing do you do?

My Public Bitcoin identity
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/alternc/html/b/bitcoin/web/bitcoin-contact.org/lib/db/schema.php on line 429

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /var/alternc/html/b/bitcoin/web/bitcoin-contact.org/lib/db/schema.php on line 429
No public address yet.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reubgr

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 10:33:53 PM

I find the "my account page" very confusing. The difference between the three tables where the first column is "Public" is unclear.

Also, the directions for validating a bitcoin address could be better presented -- maybe in numbered Steps that are easily visually distinguishable? Furthermore, no need to show all of the steps at once; why not just show the relevant step at the relevant point in time?

Finally, the right version of bitcoin isn't available for OS X yet, so I can't follow through on registering an address yet. Not your fault, obviously, but something to consider.
khal (OP)

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2011, 10:59:07 PM

I find the "my account page" very confusing. The difference between the three tables where the first column is "Public" is unclear.

Also, the directions for validating a bitcoin address could be better presented -- maybe in numbered Steps that are easily visually distinguishable? Furthermore, no need to show all of the steps at once; why not just show the relevant step at the relevant point in time?
This is a joke, i guess. You can post message without being registered.
That's why you can add your identity with verified infos too.

I've done a major update of the code, and, of course, those bugs don't appears with my accounts (it would be too easy :p).

I find the account page a bit confusing too, do you have an idea of how to do better ?

Finally, the right version of bitcoin isn't available for OS X yet, so I can't follow through on registering an address yet. Not your fault, obviously, but something to consider.
Indeed. If i remeber correctly, this is planned (or for the next version ?)

Thanks for your reports. I'll do another full test to find any other bug.

ps : there is still full error and notice activated. That's also why you see also warnings (i'll desactivate them).
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 10:57:07 AM

Can someone explain why we should trust a message like the following, which purports to be Jimmy Wales giving a bitcoin donation address (which seems highly suspect to me).
There's no reason to consider trusting it. If it's a fake address, don't donate. If it's a genuine address, don't donate - because the address is sure to appear on the genuine website soon enough, and you can donate then.
khal (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 02:28:26 PM

I've added a function to reset lost password. Seems usefull for some persons :p
khal (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 10:32:52 AM

Fixed :
- adding verified OTC members with their gpg key

TODO :
- add namecoin addresses
- allow people to sign their identity (with gpg and/or the sign and verify patch for bitcoin/namecoin)
khal (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 09:54:02 PM

Update :
- namecoin addresses can now be added and verified like bitcoin addresses
- you can add them to your identity

My bitcoin ID :
https://bitcoin-contact.org/identity/khal
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print