Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:47:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTracking - Profit/Loss Portfolio and Tax Reporting for Digital Currencies  (Read 121741 times)
Dario3000 (OP)

Activity: 760
Merit: 516

CoinTracking - Crypto Portfolio & Tax Management

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 12:18:18 AM

Hi Dario, do you plan to add alerts feature? Or did I miss it somewhere in UI?
I already had this feature a few years ago, but I have disabled it again since many coin (especially the small ones) have an extreme price change in a short time and it has sent too many mails Smiley
But I will try to add a price alert within the website and app soon.
Best, Dario

CoinTracking.info - Your Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Calculator for all Digital Currencies
Simply the best way to track your digital assets accurately. Get live data for more than 5000 coins, assets and commodities. Track Gains & Balances from all your exchanges and wallets.
Need help? CoinTracking FAQ
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
realrover

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:22:01 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 08:19:21 PM by realrover

Hi Dario, do you plan to add alerts feature? Or did I miss it somewhere in UI?
I already had this feature a few years ago, but I have disabled it again since many coin (especially the small ones) have an extreme price change in a short time and it has sent too many mails Smiley
But I will try to add a price alert within the website and app soon.
Best, Dario
Oh don't send emails, just put some indicator (like red/green background) in some report, so it will be clear when to make a trade. Maybe in Current Balance or (Un)realized Gains. This way I'll analyze chart once in a week, set alerts for all coins and then just check report for indicators. That would be awesome.
Dario3000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 02:45:30 AM

Sure. I will try to add it soon Smiley

Best,
Dario

CoinTracking.info - Your Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Calculator for all Digital Currencies
Simply the best way to track your digital assets accurately. Get live data for more than 5000 coins, assets and commodities. Track Gains & Balances from all your exchanges and wallets.
madbit1000

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:20:54 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2017, 04:58:11 PM by madbit1000

I have two requests and two questions. But firstly i would like to say great product and will be buying when i have the btc available.

Request 1. Can you add API access for Tidex as tidex doesnt even have a file download to everything has to be done manually and Livecoin Exchanges also as their csv file download is not compatible with ct???

Request 2 Can you Add an altcoin wallet, automatic API imports for altcoin corion.io as they have a kind of daily interest feature which would be time consuming unless it has the api feature.

Q1 when adding wallets say exodus and pc/mobile wallets, do we just add the wallets receive address and not the outgoing address. So, will it track incoming and outgoings form that wallet just from its own wallet addr???

Q2 when i add transactions via the ct bulk imports section. Do we also need to manually add the withdrawal addresses and deposit addresses?

A few for the ct admin to answer there. Would be grateful for a swift response Smiley

Great job keep it up.

You should not buy a warrant unless you are prepared to sustain a total loss of the money you have invested plus any commission or other transaction charges
Dario3000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 04:46:46 PM

Firstly i would like to say great product and will be buying when i have the btc available. As per my request on twitter, Can you add API access for Tidex as tidex doesnt even have a file download to everything has tobe done manually and Livecoin Exchanges also as their csv file download is not compatible with ct???

Also, when adding wallets say exodus and pc/mobile wallets, do we just add the wallet receive address and not the outgoing address. Will it track incoming and outgoings form that wallet just from its own addr???

Great job keep it up.

Hey,
Just finished a beta API import for Livecoin: https://cointracking.info/import/livecoin_api/
They do not provide API restrictions. That's why we do not save your secret on our server and you will have to enter it each time you'd like to import new transactions.
I will update this behavior once Livecoin provides a save and secure API.

I do not have any trades there and their API documentation is not very good. So I was not sure about the fees.
Can you please have a look if the import is importing the fees correctly.
Thanks.

I will put Tidex on my list of exchanges and will try to include it soon.

You can decide if you want to import only incoming, outgoing or both for all wallet and address imports Smiley

Best,
Dario

madbit1000

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:27:57 PM

Thanks for adding the exchange livecoin, keeping an eye out for tidex Will look at adding them soon. but need to get funds first as its blocked for free members. Really struggling with another exchange etherdelta. I am speaking to a guy over at etherdelta who has made his own transaction tracking, But its still a work in progress. Asked if he can add csv or excel into the equation, he said he might, but also pointed out that there is an API in progress over the last week can be seen here. Means absolutely nothing to me as not a developer but might to you. Can you keep a close eye on it as this is an exchange that is difficult to work with.

Problems i get are duplicate transactions. Coin tracking keeps adding them when i remove them. But i need to add the address in as there is currently no other way. I.E API.

APIs are good, but still would like the basic option too to edit before adding to coin tracking for example.

Anyway keep up the great work and keep up posted

His site is here: https://deltabalances.github.io

And the API being worked on is here: https://github.com/etherdelta/etherdelta.github.io/blob/master/docs/API.md

Cheers Smiley

You should not buy a warrant unless you are prepared to sustain a total loss of the money you have invested plus any commission or other transaction charges
madbit1000

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:11:24 PM

HI, i am really struggling with adding csv files from all my transactions. I tried adding csv from bitcoin wallet, adding from exchanges. I get the same problem all the time, its a time stamp issue, what am i doing wrong?

I have been trying to do this all week. really frustrating. COIns also double up on my myetherwallet every time i remove the trade manually, it comes back as saying i own double or still own the coins, I cant get it to 0 as i have sold a bunch of them through etherdelta exchange. Problem is the bunch i have sold are the most profitable or expensive to buy.

HELP??

Bermuda666

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 11:49:53 PM

HI, i am really struggling with adding csv files from all my transactions. I tried adding csv from bitcoin wallet, adding from exchanges. I get the same problem all the time, its a time stamp issue, what am i doing wrong?

I have been trying to do this all week. really frustrating. COIns also double up on my myetherwallet every time i remove the trade manually, it comes back as saying i own double or still own the coins, I cant get it to 0 as i have sold a bunch of them through etherdelta exchange. Problem is the bunch i have sold are the most profitable or expensive to buy.

HELP??

Hey @madbit1000,

thank you for getting in touch with us.

It´s hard to say, what exactly went wrong, without further information.

For me it looks like you´ve tried to upload the data with our "CSV Import" from the three "Bulk Imports".
It´s not going to work this way, because it is a different format and more intended to use it for internal data transfers.
The error message is a clear sign, you have used the wrong file for an importer.

Your able to enter your collected data either manually, with our "Excel Import", or with our "Custom Exchange Import".
Even as a FREE user you are also able to import automatically from BTC addresses, with our "ETH and BTC Wallet API Imports".

Instead of trying all week, you could have just send us a brief description of the problem and we would have helped you, swiftly.
I recommend this now, as this is the most efficient way to support you and to give you the best answer possible.

Please open up a ticket for more detailed information on any issue here:
https://cointracking.info/feedback.php

We will do our best to help you.

Best regards,
Keven

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
- Now over 20% Discount on our Lifetime plans (Limited Time)
- 5% Discount when paying in Bitcoin, plus an additional 10% Discount on all plans by using this link: bit.ly/rebate-ct
Dario3000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 12:04:46 AM

Thanks for adding the exchange livecoin, keeping an eye out for tidex Will look at adding them soon.
Here we go.
Tidex API import: https://cointracking.info/import/tidex_api
Just finished a few minutes ago.

Dario

madbit1000

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:14:37 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2017, 12:35:08 AM by madbit1000

HELP??

Hey @madbit1000,

thank you for getting in touch with us.

It´s hard to say, what exactly went wrong, without further information.

For me it looks like you´ve tried to upload the data with our "CSV Import" from the three "Bulk Imports".
It´s not going to work this way, because it is a different format and more intended to use it for internal data transfers.
The error message is a clear sign, you have used the wrong file for an importer.

Your able to enter your collected data either manually, with our "Excel Import", or with our "Custom Exchange Import".
Even as a FREE user you are also able to import automatically from BTC addresses, with our "ETH and BTC Wallet API Imports".

Instead of trying all week, you could have just send us a brief description of the problem and we would have helped you, swiftly.
I recommend this now, as this is the most efficient way to support you and to give you the best answer possible.

Please open up a ticket for more detailed information on any issue here:

We will do our best to help you.

Best regards,
Keven

Apologies for sounding like a pain in the but, it merely felt like a week it was only a few days, its me i am tying to import csv files without using your template by editing and copy pasting the columns, as i have so many to enter. It will be somewhere in the 1000's region.

I will contact you soon.

Cheers

Oh and great work on the exchange additions.

JBeard

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:14:56 PM

Hi is anyone else having issues with the cryptopia api import?
I cant get it to work  Sad
Dario3000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 03:30:38 PM

Hi is anyone else having issues with the cryptopia api import?
I cant get it to work  Sad
Just tested it with my Cryptopia test account and everything was OK.
Can you please check if your key and secret is correct and "Enable API" is checked on Cryptopia.

pescadorloco69

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:10:32 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2017, 04:57:17 PM by pescadorloco69

I have imported a csv  with mining of a coin and it shows the full amount under coins but when running the tax report under income report for mining the coins have a value upon deposit but it has not totaled up the sum mining total it reads 0

have I done something wrong?

As a fix I have exported to csv and add the sum.
Bermuda666

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 05:42:47 AM

I have imported a csv  with mining of a coin and it shows the full amount under coins but when running the tax report under income report for mining the coins have a value upon deposit but it has not totaled up the sum mining total it reads 0

Hey @pescadorloco69,

thanks for your message.

It seems you´ve used the wrong transaction type.

Could you please paste your text into a ticket, so we can take a detailed look into it, with all necessary data.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Keven

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
- Now over 20% Discount on our Lifetime plans (Limited Time)
- 5% Discount when paying in Bitcoin, plus an additional 10% Discount on all plans by using this link: bit.ly/rebate-ct
pescadorloco69

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:06:04 AM

Hey @pescadorloco69,

thanks for your message.

It seems you´ve used the wrong transaction type.

Could you please paste your text into a ticket, so we can take a detailed look into it, with all necessary data.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Keven

Thank you Keven I have submitted a ticket.
double_dee

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 05:44:17 PM

brand new member on this forum...cpl questions:

1.  is there a way to search inside a thread?  i can't see an option to do so, would save me from having to ask questions that have already been answered.

2.  on cointracking.info, if i make a trade for $100, and there was a trading fee of $1, i enter all that in, but it doesn't 'do' anything w/ the $1 trade fee.  it doesn't seem to use it in the cost basis of the purchase and it doesn't take it out of my USD amount left over.  what am i doing wrong?

3.  if i have received free BTC, how do i add that in to accurately reflect my BTC total and my cost basis?  let's say i received .002 BTC for free (let's call it $10).  if i put it in as a $10 buy, it subtracts $10 from my USD amount.  if i leave the purchase amount blank, it doesn't seem to accurately show my cost basis.

hope this is all clear and somebody can assist me.

thanks!
double_dee

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:19:35 PM

i tried to import csv files instead of manually entering my info to see if it changes my other input issues, but it doesn't seem to work.  i drag the csv into the box, 'continue to import',  next page has import report, says there 7 data sets but 0 trades.  i can see trades in the csv file, so maybe the format is somehow not correct?

Dario3000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 03:36:03 AM

brand new member on this forum...cpl questions:

1.  is there a way to search inside a thread?  i can't see an option to do so, would save me from having to ask questions that have already been answered.

2.  on cointracking.info, if i make a trade for $100, and there was a trading fee of $1, i enter all that in, but it doesn't 'do' anything w/ the $1 trade fee.  it doesn't seem to use it in the cost basis of the purchase and it doesn't take it out of my USD amount left over.  what am i doing wrong?

3.  if i have received free BTC, how do i add that in to accurately reflect my BTC total and my cost basis?  let's say i received .002 BTC for free (let's call it $10).  if i put it in as a $10 buy, it subtracts $10 from my USD amount.  if i leave the purchase amount blank, it doesn't seem to accurately show my cost basis.

hope this is all clear and somebody can assist me.

thanks!

Hey double_dee,
1) I guess you can only search by board but not by topic. At least I do not see a way to do it.
2) The fee should be included in the value. There are some FAQs about fees on the FAQ page on CoinTracking Smiley
3) You should add it as a "Gift" on the Enter Coins page instead of a trade. This will work.

Which import and which CSV file are you using?
You need to use the correct exchange import for your CSV files.

Best
Dario

cryptonono

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:14:14 AM

Hi I'm reaching out to get some help. I added my tokens DNT some times ago and since my track is completely wrong with -152,488,174.22 DNT added! Also the max trades is reached but no way I did more than even 400 trades, my NEO is also negatives and my BAT is counted double.... A real mess, I can't rely on at all, while I purchased the PRO version..... Is there a way to delete all the entry and start from 0? Or is there any other solution to get the good amounts right in my overview? Thnanks
double_dee

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:34:50 AM

Hey double_dee,
1) I guess you can only search by board but not by topic. At least I do not see a way to do it.
2) The fee should be included in the value. There are some FAQs about fees on the FAQ page on CoinTracking Smiley
3) You should add it as a "Gift" on the Enter Coins page instead of a trade. This will work.

Which import and which CSV file are you using?
You need to use the correct exchange import for your CSV files.

Best
Dario

thanks for getting back to me Dario.

i go to 'enter coins', 'exchange imports', 'coinbase', i generated the reports at coinbase, but it doesn't seem to like them.  the 'import report' says there are no trades, but viewing the file, i see trades listed.

i see in the FAQ it says not to open and save CSV w/ excel because it could cause errors.  i saved them direct, and did open to look at, but never resaved, but one time it did tell me there was no valid time/date info...so maybe my CSV's got goofed up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: