Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:43:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTracking - Profit/Loss Portfolio and Tax Reporting for Digital Currencies  (Read 121741 times)
ALargeOrangeCat

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:23:06 AM

Anyone that is considering buying CoinTracking right now and you use Binance...DON'T.

API is unusable, CT says Binance won't converse with them.

To put it bluntly, this is a ClusterFuk... Angry Angry Angry

+1 Cointracking was not ready for big users amount. 0.029 BTC for useless service. I am disappointed. Please fix ASAP. 

No offense, but I think you are both blowing a small problem way out of proportion. I use Binance and just load it manually after I make a trade. It takes about 30 seconds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:12:15 PM

No offense, but I think you are both blowing a small problem way out of proportion. I use Binance and just load it manually after I make a trade. It takes about 30 seconds.
Then you don't have a very big portfolio or don't trade much. Their performance and lack of features supporting multi-year old coins is unacceptable for how much I paid.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
spacedoodoopistols

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:33:48 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 04:09:07 PM by spacedoodoopistols

My total balances are off for BTC and ETH. I BTC in Gdax. I can see them in https://cointracking.info/balance_by_exchange.php . I thought that was due to open orders but it doesn't add up correctly. If I go to API Exchange Balance check ( https://cointracking.info/import/balance ) those values are correct.

In my dashboard summary the latter is what I would like to see by default. Is there a way to do this? Have I dont something wrong, why exactly am I seeing these negatives in the first place?

DevonMiner

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:45:56 PM

I was seriously going to give this a whirl, need a good accounting system, such a pain keeping track of cryptos etc.

After reading through the last 10 pages or so it I'll give it a miss and stick to Excel for the time being.

Hope they fix the issues for you all ...

ddude

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:15:16 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 06:17:52 PM by ddude

Hi In Canada we use ACB (Average Cost Base) for tax calculations. Could you please add it to your software? Thanks!

Hi @sana123,

thank you for submitting your message.

Yes we are aware of this and we hope to be able to implement this kind of calculations in the future.

Currently we have many things with a much higher priority, but we´ll keep it in mind.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Keven

Hi Guys,
any update on this feature, TAX time is coming soon and we would like to have correct canadian taxes Smiley

CoinTracking.info CoinTracking.info - Your Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Calculator for all Digital Currencies
Simply the best way to track your digital assets accurately. Get live data for more than 5000 coins, assets and commodities. Track Gains & Balances from all your exchanges and wallets.
Need help? CoinTracking FAQ
arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:05:36 PM

Hey,

I wrote a cointracking API wrapper and some helper scripts for my own usage. I've put it on github, maybe this helps someone else. Was quite useful in my case, for example the script to detect missing withdrawals and deposits.

Here's the repo: https://github.com/arnuschky/cointracking-tools

Cheers
arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:16:20 PM

Then you don't have a very big portfolio or don't trade much. Their performance and lack of features supporting multi-year old coins is unacceptable for how much I paid.

I've used them to do my full crypto history and tax return (>10k trades). CT still has a lot of deficiencies and bugs, but I am very confident that they'll resolve it. They just totally swamped since a few months, since every other crypto business out there (cf. Kraken).

In the end, CT isn't perfect, but it's certainly the best tool out there.
altcocollector

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:30:32 AM

Update:

CoinTracking.info
Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor for all Digital Coins

Manage all your digital coins in one place
Whether you have only one or thousands of coins, CoinTracking.info lets you easily monitor their growth.
You can keep track of their value, your profit/loss and a lot of other interesting information in real time.
CoinTracking.info is not restricted to Bitcoin. It supports all 3,130 existing currencies, such as Litecoins, Namecoins, Terracoins, Devcoins, etc...

Nearly 2.5 years have passed since CoinTracking (formerly MY-BTC) has gone online and the first posts were written here in this forum.
During this time a lot has happened and many new features have been added.

Fast entry of all your trades, either manually or directly via the import of many well-known exchanges:

Detailed charts for the value of your coins, your profit / loss, your balance, your expenses and much more:

Global Statistics - evaluation of market prices, average profit calculations, trend forecasts and more:

Evaluation of your trades per Currency, Exchange....

Display of all data as a chart and table...

CoinTracking.info - Try it or have a look at the live demo.

For all questions, I am happy to help you in this forum.
Best regards and happy tracking,
Dario

Original post from 2013:

After a great start at the (mostly) german community, i'd like to present the tool also to the international audience.

For all the people out there, who document their trades in Excel lists and had already lost track about their trades,
I can tell you, that I had the exact same problem a few months ago.

And because it has annoyed me to maintain these lists by hand, I have created a website that does just that.
Completely automatic and much more beautiful than in Excel Smiley

And since I've already invested so much time into this site, I thought that I could make it public.
No personal information is required and there are no ads.

So anyone, who is searching after a monitoring tool for the own coins: Please, help yourself and use it Smiley

It includes import functions for Mt.GOX, Bitstamp, BTC-E, Vircurex, bitcoin.de, bitcoin24 and many other stuff like detail charts of all digital currencies (BTC, LTC, TRC, NMC, NVC, PPC, FTC, IXC, DVC, CNC, YAC, BQC...)

CoinTracking.info <- Overview of all digital Coins - Calculation of profit / loss - graphics for coins, coin calue, account  - automatic update, etc.
for EUR and USD, in english and german.
including a live demo

Features:
- Monitoring of your coin value and calculation of your profit / loss
- View your coins in many charts, tables or as text
- Support of Bitcoins and 27 other alt-coins
- Calculation of the purchase value of your coins (for how much you need to sell in order to achieve as much profit)
- Manual entry of your coins
- Importing function for Mt.Gox, Bitstamp, Vircurex, BTC-E, bitcoin.de and more
- Mining and donation functions like automatic monitoring of your coins over the blockchain or APIs
- Multiple accounts to look at coins in different currencies or different exchanges separately
- Compare your purchase and sales prices
- E-mail reports and alerts if your coin value rises or falls
- Display your purchases and sales directly in the history chart to see if you have traded at or below the price
- Market trends and analysis for Bitcoin, and other digital currencies
- Export function in several templates including tax declaration
- and many more...

Best regards and a lot of fun managing your coins
Dario

Hey! Thanks for this awesome website. I know how much gains/profits I do have now. However could you please advise on how to add Bounty tokens and/or Airdrops to Cointracking? If I add them as new the cost is taken since it was introduced to the exchanges and if the current price is less it is shown in Loss when in fact it has been a profit for me as I did not pay anything for it?

Can you please help me with this? Thanks
PolarFiasco

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:12:53 PM

Looks like the alt coin wallet API imports are working again...yay! 

It created duplicates for the ones I manually created while it was broken, but I am happy it is working again...
MrBender

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:46:28 PM

Got a problem with gdax api import. it says wrong passphrase but i see no place to enter one when setting up the API.
Also when setting up a coinbase api it never show up in the import list.

Any suggestions?
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:10:38 PM

How do I label a Lost/Stolen transaction from one that has been imported already? Thanks

SteelHead

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:33:07 AM

All of my trades just went missing nada none of them show up.
All I get is this message.

"There is nothing to display here, as you don't have any trades yet. Add your first trades now, to see some awesome charts!"

I had like 2500 trades, no computer crash no other problems, HELP!
Yes I could reload but there are many trades prior to the 3 month window Binance and the one month window Bittrex hold. Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Dario3000 (OP)

Activity: 760
Merit: 516

CoinTracking - Crypto Portfolio & Tax Management

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 12:38:56 AM

I just logged into my cointracking account and I'm not sure if my account was compromised or if there are technical problems on the site but my whole history is gone and it looks as if the account was just set up and is empty.  It displays "There is nothing to display here, as you don't have any trades yet".  I have two months of transactions that are suddenly missing.
Our data center performs a spontaneous network maintenance. One of the systems (responsible for storing trades and historical balances) is currently unavailable. All systems should be fully functional within the next 60 minutes. All your trades and data will then be displayed again.

CoinTracking.info - Your Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Calculator for all Digital Currencies
Simply the best way to track your digital assets accurately. Get live data for more than 5000 coins, assets and commodities. Track Gains & Balances from all your exchanges and wallets.
1izzie

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:51:54 AM

I tried importing some stuff while my transaction list was empty, did any of that go through / will it show up once data is back? I hope not Smiley

Also please try to include some kind of alert on the website if this happens, a lot of us freaked out.

Thank you!
Caporale

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:56:51 AM

I can't see any of my transactions. All empty!! . Whats going on?Huh?
Dario3000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 01:01:39 AM

I tried importing some stuff while my transaction list was empty, did any of that go through / will it show up once data is back? I hope not Smiley

Also please try to include some kind of alert on the website if this happens, a lot of us freaked out.

Thank you!

Our data center performs a spontaneous network maintenance. One of the systems (responsible for storing trades and historical balances) is currently unavailable. All systems should be fully functional within the next 60 minutes. All your trades and data will then be displayed again.

CoinTracking.info - Your Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Calculator for all Digital Currencies
Caporale

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:04:53 AM

I can't see any of my transactions. All empty!! . Whats going on?Huh?

Thanks! I thought I lost all. will check back later. I created a Service request too.
SteelHead

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:07:02 AM

Anyone that is considering buying CoinTracking right now and you use Binance...DON'T.

API is unusable, CT says Binance won't converse with them.

To put it bluntly, this is a ClusterFuk... Angry Angry Angry

+1 Cointracking was not ready for big users amount. 0.029 BTC for useless service. I am disappointed. Please fix ASAP. 

None taken, finally was given the correct import area and ur right I just import manual now. I was using Bulk tab and that was my problem.
Dario3000 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 02:22:50 AM

Thanks for posting Dario... Wink I was freaking out man
The maintenance is over and all systems are back online.
Really sorry for the issue.

Let me also give you a short update on the CoinTracking support:
We currently receive more than 1500 support tickets per day. The delay is therefore considerably longer than usual.

But we are already training 12 new support people.
As soon as they are ready (within the next 4 weeks), we will offer support here in the forum again.
Currently, support is only available in the CoinTracking Support Desk.

Best regards,
Dario

SteelHead

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:47:13 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 02:23:06 AM by SteelHead

I just want to say THANK YOU to Dario and his staff... Smiley

I made some harsh remarks regarding CT & it ended up being Binances fault.

I honestly cannot see how anybody can trade multiple coins without CT, with BTC all over the place it is almost impossible to know whether you are making $$$$ on a short trade.

CT has kept me in the game even with the recent correction and I will be upgrading to Ultimate version as soon as I get a little closer to my 3500 trade limit.

Note to new users...with Binance just manually import using the EXCHANGE IMPORTS TAB
Also keep in mind EVERY paired trade counts as TWO trades. One for the coin and one for the BTC sale. I went through 2500 in 3 months fyi.

Again thanks to CoinTracking and keep evolving a good platform. I have some suggestions but will wait till things calm down in Cryptoland before submitting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: