Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:07:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Comes To Business Schools  (Read 2117 times)
zhinkk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:41:36 PM

Wow. If it's true, it's mean that tomorrow our children will know EVERYTHING about magic internet money.

"Children" Lol adults are the ones going to college. I want highschoolers to be the ones learning about cryptocurrency, not 20/30 year olds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MasterOwel

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Life is my dream, what is yours?

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:10:13 PM

Wow. If it's true, it's mean that tomorrow our children will know EVERYTHING about magic internet money.

"Children" Lol adults are the ones going to college. I want highschoolers to be the ones learning about cryptocurrency, not 20/30 year olds.

I'm with you and working on this currently. I'm a senior in highschool, the thread i use is in my sig.
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 09:18:38 PM

Nice. I'm currently working on bringing it to my highschool via economics.

+1.
Bringing it into economics would be great and at high school would be too great. I hope it will be done. Choosing a thing when the edu is at early stage would be great for them. They can find a new way for earning money for his livelihood. He might find a job too. BTW I am really happy on hearing the news and thanks for sharing.
Kindly,
       MZ
I am not sure that high school economics is an appropriate place to be teaching about the economics of bitcoin. In order to really understand the impact that bitcoin has on the economy you would generally first need to understand various economics theories, ways that central banks control the value of fiat currencies and the effects of having different kinds of fiat currencies. These topics are usually not taught until at least the 2nd college level of an economics class. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 09:21:13 PM

+1.
Bringing it into economics would be great and at high school would be too great. I hope it will be done. Choosing a thing when the edu is at early stage would be great for them. They can find a new way for earning money for his livelihood. He might find a job too. BTW I am really happy on hearing the news and thanks for sharing.
Kindly,
       MZ
I am not sure that high school economics is an appropriate place to be teaching about the economics of bitcoin. In order to really understand the impact that bitcoin has on the economy you would generally first need to understand various economics theories, ways that central banks control the value of fiat currencies and the effects of having different kinds of fiat currencies. These topics are usually not taught until at least the 2nd college level of an economics class. 

Patronising children is precisely why so many of them grow up thinking they're stupid.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:22:31 PM

Some of them have been into bitcoin for years. Here is the link to a talk I gave at the Booth school of business in 2011.

http://www.chicagobooth.edu/alumni/events/showEvent.aspx?eventId=2868

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
dKingston

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 09:38:55 PM

+1.
Kindly,
       MZ

Patronising children is precisely why so many of them grow up thinking they're stupid.
If you do not have the information gained from prerequisites then you will likely not understand the subject that is being taught. 

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 09:55:46 PM

Considering that the 'prerequisite' for school economics was bullshit and we've had whole generations growing up not knowing how the banking system works properly and how currency is actually created and circulated, the only prerequisite you really need to learn all of this is some basic maths at least for the general theory behind it.

^ I'm technically proof of this because I have no college or university level education in economics or mathematics, in fact, to my memory economics was barely taught in school beyond a couple of bits of extremely wrong articles in textbooks.
MasterOwel

Activity: 98

Life is my dream, what is yours?

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:54:42 AM

Considering that the 'prerequisite' for school economics was bullshit and we've had whole generations growing up not knowing how the banking system works properly and how currency is actually created and circulated, the only prerequisite you really need to learn all of this is some basic maths at least for the general theory behind it.

^ I'm technically proof of this because I have no college or university level education in economics or mathematics, in fact, to my memory economics was barely taught in school beyond a couple of bits of extremely wrong articles in textbooks.

I'm kind of proof for all the people saying you need loads of background information to full understand bitcoin, as I am a highschool student who is organizing this to help out my peers. Along with that, I write articles about bitcoin and have no issue explaining it thoroughly to teachers or even classes on the spot.

An example is that last friday, my economics teacher had me stand up and give a speech to the class about bitcoin, explaining the basics of it and how it works, without any planning time. So even without previous economics I am more than capable of giving on the spot speeches over it.
wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:43:26 AM

You can still learn information in prerequisite courses outside of the courses by doing things like reading the news, reading articles about how various aspects of economics works, doing your own research. However it is unusual for most people to get this kind of knowledge without taking similar courses. The prerequisite courses are a way to measure exactly what you should have already been taught so the professor can assume that you already know certain material.

Scoremaster

Activity: 91

Hi I am back from a long period of away time :)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:46:29 AM

sounds good!

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
henjohn

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:40:21 AM

This is a great step to worldwide Bitcoin acceptance! The more people know about Bitcoin - the better!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: