Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:26:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: POSTPONED!!  (Read 1475 times)
RchGrav (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:18:16 AM

Geez!

4C 6F 6E 67  4C 69 76 65  42 69 74 63 6F 69 6E
Qba'g lbh unir nalguvat orggre gb qb?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:18:34 AM

What is postponed? I think you meant GOXED.
RchGrav (OP)

Activity: 150

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:19:03 AM

What is postponed? I think you meant GOXED.

WTFBBQGOX

4C 6F 6E 67  4C 69 76 65  42 69 74 63 6F 69 6E
Qba'g lbh unir nalguvat orggre gb qb?
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:20:31 AM

Ok. At this point, I propose we officially rename MagicalTux to MagicalFux.

MagicalFux, n: A magically convenient (as opposed to magically delicious) problem that you manage to come up with five minutes before the deadline you made for yourself to prove to your customers you didn't just steal all their money. Similar to, but not quite identical to, the excuses made for vaporware.

[Edit -- corrected my typo in first line]

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
finack

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:22:27 AM

[Update June 24 - 02:56 GMT] Pushing until 15:00 GMT.
We have found that balances on some older accounts look significantly incorrect when compared with the old database. At this time we do not know what caused the balances to be off, or how many of the older accounts are affected. We haven't touched the old backend or database, so we're going to import the accounts again once we have found what caused the off-balances.

No money is lost, we still have the records of all transactions that happened prior to the bitcoin sell-off. All funds deposited are still in our bank accounts, and we're going to try and get this resolved by 15:00 GMT.

We look forward to getting everyone trading within an hour of getting users logged in and accessing their accounts.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.
killer2021

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:23:59 AM

Look guys, mtgox had a major security breach. They aren't exactly a gigantic company that can just reallocate some people to help solve the problem.

If you ask me, I'd rather have mtgox take their time, correct everything 100% and then launch it rather than have mtgox rush to get it back online only to find out that there is still some major discrepancies that they missed.

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
1H6mqgB6UcqKt2SrCmhjxUp9np1Xrbkdj7
Shinobi

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:26:15 AM

Look guys, mtgox had a major security breach. They aren't exactly a gigantic company that can just reallocate some people to help solve the problem.

Then WTF were they doing brokering such large amounts of money? Clearly you have a lot at stake here and are trying to convince yourself that it will be alright in the end. I think you and those like you need to start bracing yourself for the inevitable.

_______
Thinking of using a cheap, yet reliable VPN? Go with PrivateInternetAccess. Not a referral link. Just a satisfied customer!
MrAnderson

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:27:35 AM

We have found that balances on some older accounts look significantly incorrect when compared with the old database. At this time we do not know what caused the balances to be off, or how many of the older accounts are affected. We haven't touched the old backend or database, so we're going to import the accounts again once we have found what caused the off-balances.

No money is lost, we still have the records of all transactions that happened prior to the bitcoin sell-off. All funds deposited are still in our bank accounts, and we're going to try and get this resolved by 15:00 GMT.

We look forward to getting everyone trading within an hour of getting users logged in and accessing their accounts.

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJjNVVwRCY

>>> 1BcfL1QAZsxtpd92YYsbvDyih45mwA9xSo << Willing to endure the cringe-worthy Australian stereotypes for donations.

I'll wrestle a crocodile, show you my knife, throw shrimp on the BBQ, F**k your wife. Tongue
Hook^

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:27:44 AM

If you ask me, I'd rather have mtgox take their time, correct everything 100% and then launch it rather than have mtgox rush to get it back online only to find out that there is still some major discrepancies that they missed.
Most people would agree.  What they are pissed about is not keeping to a schedule.  If they think it will take 2 days, schedule it 4 days to give some wiggle room.  That way, everyone doesn't have to ruin their schedule just to be stood up.
finack

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:28:18 AM

Yeah, you're right, I see what you're saying. After all, they've only found that their previously stored account balances don't match what they get when they rerun all of the transactions. Another 12 hours should be more than enough time to sort out a minor error like that. Shit like that happens at trading firms all the time, hell a lot of times my broker calls me up and is like, "oh hai, do u have 1 of ur old statements? we lost ur balance lol"
Hook^

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:28:33 AM

Ok, Mr. Orilley.
wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:48:45 AM

We two dipshits of Mt.Gox are
Going back up, at some date afar
All your bitcoin, all your dollar
Belong to us, they are.

Oooooh
Massive blunder, massive leak
At your passwords, we all peeked
Posts of leading, "still proceeding"
While we fix our fucked up site

For an audit's personal gain
We passed out your passwords in vain
Lucky for the eager hackers
Salts weren't in use back then.

Ooooooh
Massive screwup, massive twit
In our pants, we took a shit
While we fix our fucked up bit

Now we find we've screwed up some more
For some data we did not store
Account balances, why transactions
Disk space, we needed more?

Ooooooooooh
Massive blunder, massive crap
Adam to a Playboy faps
While we fix our fucked up app

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
chuckypalumbo

Activity: 148

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:01:45 AM

Tradehill and Bitcoin7, referral codes in my sig below! I'm sick of this shit Mt. Gox!
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:04:20 AM

[18:03] <MagicalTux> I have committed Harey Carey.  Please go away now.  Thank you.

GOXED

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
TriumVir

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:06:32 AM

http://cf1.imgobject.com/backdrops/096/4bc97c07017a3c57fe039096/scooby-s-all-star-laff-a-lympics-original.jpg
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: