d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 6346

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:40:35 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 12:58:10 AM by d5000

I don't believe Segwit2x is an "attack". It was, at first, an intent of a compromise. And the NYA folks most are businesses that very probably want to move Bitcoin forward - payment processors, wallet services etc. - and I think the reason they signed the NYA is that most of them (except miners/pools) would benefit from low transaction fees.

But I think that regarding the latest news, the most pragmatic stance is to support the Core/1MB chain while being careful with the private keys and treating the 2X chain as an altcoin.

Only if the Core chain really is attacked (double spending/51%) it is likely to succeed, and that would harm the whole ecosystem (and you should get out for a whole while of all the cryptocurrency stuff if you aren't a die-hard fan/hodler). According to the latest news a Segwit2x victory has a very low probability if even Coinbase doesn't use the BTC symbol for it.

Garzik's ICO may be another indication that he's not full-time dedicated to 2x and a loss of the Core manpower would be very problematic.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:53:04 AM

I do not know if it would be better have 8mb blocks or not. What I do know is that all forks until now has failed because they didn't have tried consensus.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 6346

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:55:48 AM

You have ignored the deliberate non implementation of replay attack. Do these guys realise that they are fucking with other peoples money. And this is not an attack!!?

From the point of view of a Segwit2x supporter, it isn't an attack, because it is meant as an upgrade - holdings on the Segwit2x chain are safe. And if an user doesn't choose to upgrade, he is leaving the "majority chain" and thus must take security measures - according to that point of view.

I already wrote that I don't support the Segwit2x fork anymore. But personal accusations of the SW2x supporters like Garzik do not help. That will make the miners that support SW2x - and the whole group of "big blockers"  - even angrier, and it would be more likely that they start a real 51% attack on the original chain if they have the power to do it. So it's better to use rational argumentation against the fork and try to convince the "moderate" and "unpolitical" folks.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:38:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=kCAWqbD9EBo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn5ZNwPWhEc
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-beginners-guide-surviving-bgold-and-segwit2x-forks/
more context
https://blog.bitmex.com/the-segwit2x-hardfork-part-1-the-supporters-and-opponents/
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: