Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:19:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES wallet for iOS  (Read 527 times)
CryptoBagHolder (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:17:56 PM

I have a question folks, please help me with this!!  I installed the WAVES wallet onto my iphone.  I set it up with some kind of seed (12 random words).  It is my understanding if I have like say 10 waves on my iphone wallet and my phone gets stolen or broken ect.  I can get a new phone, install the app, put in my seed and voila!!  I still have my original wallet and didn't lose my WAVES!!  Can somebody confirm or explain this to me better?  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magiccarpett

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 10:02:22 AM

there are two problems if you're iPhone get stolen.

first: robber could see you're seed if the clicks on "Backup Wallet" (if u don't have set up touch id)

second: robber could send you're waves to his waves account
CryptoBagHolder (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:16:58 AM

I have it password protected and touch ID.  So If I lose my phone or it gets stolen and assuming the person who gets a hold of it can't get into my phone is my understanding correct?  I just buy new phone, install the app and punch in my seed I will have my original wallet back with all my WAVE coinage?  That's what I would like to know!!
magiccarpett

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 12:15:11 PM

I have it password protected and touch ID.  So If I lose my phone or it gets stolen and assuming the person who gets a hold of it can't get into my phone is my understanding correct?  I just buy new phone, install the app and punch in my seed I will have my original wallet back with all my WAVE coinage?  That's what I would like to know!!

yes, sure. the first time you installed the app with seed was actually the same case as you described. no matter if you install the app with wallet again.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:19:13 PM

Yes, you are right. If we do not consider whether the person who have your phone is trying to steal your waves, you are able to access your waves wallet using your seed.

Additional information: You are able to access the waves web wallet using the same set of seed as well. In the case where you are afraid the person who have your phone is trying to steal your waves, you can quickly access the web wallet and transfer your waves to another waves address.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

CryptoBagHolder (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 04:28:25 PM

Thanks for the replies fellas!!  That makes me feel comfortable to take my WAVES coinage from the Exchange and store it on my phone.  I wish ETh, LiteCoin, had similar wallets to keep your coinage safe with a seed type deal just incase your phone gets destroyed or lost.  Making sure your seed is safely written somewhere.
khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:35:02 PM

Best choice using waves wallet for iPhone.. Install the app and put in your seed..then check your wallet..Must be backup. Because if you do not backup, then you can not solve any problems later
LiGuBi

Activity: 316

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 08:14:08 PM

I can confirm this. If you fill in your seed and password in an other computer or anything else you will still get your Waves back. You should install also waveslite on your laptop. From there you can lease your Waves and get free tokens every week Smiley
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:39:00 PM

I originally installed Waves on a VM I was running. Then moved the same wallet to my PC. However my PC crashed and I was not able to recover any data. However I had the seed so now on my new machine I have restored the Waves wallet. It is quite easy. However the main issue is if someone gets your seed then you can lose everything.

Also you only need the seed. When you import it you can create a new password.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:57:18 PM

All you need is backup your seed when creat new wave wallet! With your seed you can retore by instal app on other phone or used chorme app or etc!
TaKlarPH

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 11:10:39 PM

I have a question folks, please help me with this!!  I installed the WAVES wallet onto my iphone.  I set it up with some kind of seed (12 random words).  It is my understanding if I have like say 10 waves on my iphone wallet and my phone gets stolen or broken ect.  I can get a new phone, install the app, put in my seed and voila!!  I still have my original wallet and didn't lose my WAVES!!  Can somebody confirm or explain this to me better?  
Here mate If you have the skills or know a person who can erase the data from your stolen I phone that would be grate and safe. Who knows if the person who got your I phone may know about waves and the Cryptocurrency your in bad shape.

Better ask a person who can delete the data from your old stolen cellphone just to be safe.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:24:55 AM

Well thankfully iPhones are pretty safe from thieves with TouchID.  Also, if it gets stolen it takes about 3-minutes to wipe the phone remotely from a computer or another iDevice with your iTunes login.  Also, after a few failed login attempts it shuts down the phone for in increasingly long time until the phone wipes itself.

I actually think wallets are more safe for the average person on a password protected iPhone than on a desktop.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: