Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:18:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S7-LN Troubleshooting/Repair/Parts Help  (Read 401 times)
ATC_Rob (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:03:25 AM

I purchased a couple Antminer S7-LNs from a seller on eBay this week. One of the miners showed up overclocked to a frequency of 825 with the fan set at 45%. As soon as I accessed the online interface, I bumped it down to 600 and fan to 95% to get a baseline. It was running and staying in the 50-60 degree range for about 24 hours and then I got some XXXOOOXXXOO errors. I rebooted the machine and the errors went to the dashes -------------. Since then only 1 board has worked and the temp on the bad board is showing around 29 degrees. The other board that is running works great.

Where is the best place to order a replacement board and replacement fans? I could not find the board on Bitmain's site.
I have read online that it could be a bad PSU or bad board.

Any suggestions or links will be greatly appreciated.

Update: I have been troubleshooting all day (unplugging, letting it sit, changing frequencies and fan speeds) and sometimes I get all 0000000000000's on the board with no hashing. Sometimes all Dashes ----------------. And sometimes all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXs. No rhyme or reason to the board at all.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flameruk

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 10:36:32 AM

Try swapping io card between miners first, to determine if hash cards at fault or controller.
I’ve replied to you on Reddit.

Find my P2POOL node at www.ukp2pool.uk:9332

Donations for operating node?
BTC  1CYevtGy3aqr1reuq7CFceNFAT7snsz3VM
ATC_Rob (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:02:43 PM

Thank You!  I will try it today.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:03:07 PM

It sounds like the person you bought them from had a crazy overclock running. Its no surprise that one of your boards has failed. You should never overclock this stuff, its just asking for failure.

You will not be able to buy a 'new' replacement hashing boards specific to the LN as the S7-LN wes a 1 off production run over a year and a half ago.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: