Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:22:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Virtual Weimar - Hyperinflation in Diablo 3  (Read 2879 times)
bitcryptonit

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:51:24 PM

That's what gets me as well, you have these realism junkies in the games industry but when they show off what they're made it's crap frankly, like with Arma 2 I was like ">_< yeah that's totally realistic, a player with clunky and slow movement and A.I buddies that smack into houses constantly when they drive". I didn't really say there were realistic games but there is a problem in the games industry with people who are desperate to achieve it. Also, a lot of 'realistic' features that games developers make claims about are ones I call utter bullshit on, particularly when games above all else are supposed to be about fun.

the problem with people is their mindset, they think that if a game is realistic it cant be fun and the opposite if they will make not realistic game it has to be fun. its wrong, realistic games can be fun too if they are not then someone did something wrong in the process. im not saying that game have to be 100% realistic but realism help to be immersed in the game.
And some mechanics like i mentioned bind on equip or no drop or whatever dont help the economy at all, so they are not realistic, dont add to fun and dont fix anything and yet all new mmos have to implement this bs.

considering game economy its important to make it working because when people are investing time to get super uber sword then its not nice to watch how it becomes useless because of inflating items or currency. people stop feeling special and they are playing for this reason. i think Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:36:59 PM

the problem with people is their mindset, they think that if a game is realistic it cant be fun and the opposite if they will make not realistic game it has to be fun. its wrong, realistic games can be fun too if they are not then someone did something wrong in the process. im not saying that game have to be 100% realistic but realism help to be immersed in the game.
And some mechanics like i mentioned bind on equip or no drop or whatever dont help the economy at all, so they are not realistic, dont add to fun and dont fix anything and yet all new mmos have to implement this bs.

considering game economy its important to make it working because when people are investing time to get super uber sword then its not nice to watch how it becomes useless because of inflating items or currency. people stop feeling special and they are playing for this reason. i think Wink
While this contains some truth, I think it is not exact.

Bind on Pickup is a sound mechanic which rewards only who actually plays in the raid and earns it as a reward, as opposite to someone that just farms and buys the item from the Auction House.

I'm not saying it is a good thing, and I definitely don't say that there aren't better alternatives, but I need to point out that it makes sense.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
bitcryptonit

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:53:12 PM

While this contains some truth, I think it is not exact.

Bind on Pickup is a sound mechanic which rewards only who actually plays in the raid and earns it as a reward, as opposite to someone that just farms and buys the item from the Auction House.

I'm not saying it is a good thing, and I definitely don't say that there aren't better alternatives, but I need to point out that it makes sense.

maybe it makes some sense when it is for rare items from raid boss, but not when its for every single item in game.
i was playing aion long time ago, and was farming levels. at one level i looted exactly the same green 11 bp's and from them i equipped one, which was boe. now what is the point of this whole system if it took out one item out of 11. NONE Smiley
and the bad side of this is that when i will find slightly better item than the one i currently wear i prefer to sell  it than waste it to bind on me. thats totally wrong and game breaking. and for what? one item out of 11?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: