Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:17:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: More bad news: G20 wants to regulate crypto's  (Read 501 times)
ladyinredcoins2018

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:44:15 PM

We do not know yet what will be the conclusion of the talks because they are yet to happen. The safe money would be that the outcome will be further moves towards regulation but that's nothing new. Most of the major economies have already announced their plans for stricter regulation around cryptocurrencies. All that these talks might do is lead to a more streamlined approach and a common direction. That's actually a good thing because it will make the market much more transparent for all involved.

But what about all the criminals with their illegal money? They're now in bitcoin but will they be forced to sell?
Criminals no matter what will always be criminals. Either way if bitcoin exist or does not exist they can and will always makes transactions. And im not saying the government is clean everyone can be a candidate for criminality. A lot of entities are just clinging to this idea per se just to kill bitcoin because it could get in the way of their personal interest. For me generally if bitcoin is helping people why focus on the negative side?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:38:00 PM

This is really bad, when the G20 countries have been discussing this worry.
they begin to fear that blockchain can damage international banks or grow new crime. waiting for their policy without reacting.

Whoever told you regulations are bad? You should really go and make more research about cryptocurrency regulations and learn more. If you must know, regulation is what bitcoin needs now. At least I believe that when it happens, there will be a lot of sanity in market about price and probably a stop to government and banks FUD. And you people should know that when bitcoin is regulated; it won't move it away from been decentralized.
That is who he is as he is always busy looking for negativity in everything and I wonder how he keeps coping in the real life if everything that pertains him is negative. I do not know when regulation becomes something that is a problem. Japan has been regulating for a while now and the cryptocurrency space in Japan is doing absolutely well and if at least someone wants to gain attention with bad news, he should try as much as possible to be sensible with it.

It seems some people always allow themselves to get blinded by FUD mongers like the OP until they miss the right thing. Op already missed it a long time ago and apparently has nothing to offer, so I believe whatever comes from him should be taken as nothing. Regulation like 1Referee rightly said is not a problem and in fact I believe it would give the cryptocurrency space a breathable atmosphere for going forward and if OP cannot see that, then I wonder why he is here.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:00:46 PM

Why do you think that people with big money are attracted to bitcoin by its regulation. I think it's absurd. Easy access to Fiat is only interested in small depositors. There are many of them but their share in bitcoin capitalization is very small. Therefore, we see panic at any major sale of coins. It seems to me that any regulation can only push people away from bitcoin.

History. Big investors never enter markets that are going wild, they have more money then we do because they are not letting anything to chance while investing big.....

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:35:45 AM

Why's this a bad news? I mean, if you ask me, them wanting to regulate bitcoin and crypto is a good sign that they'd see potential in it and would like to keep it but of course it'll need some regulations. If they were that much against crypto, they'd just ban it and that would be that. So this is pretty good news overall.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: