Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:17:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Member Here! Gherik's The Name, Crypto's The Game! =)  (Read 215 times)
Gherik (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:18:19 PM

I decided to look around before posting, and found this thread for beginners and newbies, etc. I have read some of the rules, and am aware of no pointless threads as they create clutter.

With that said, I would like to then ask a few questions that I couldn't quite find answers to.

1. I am also a member of another crypto forum (CryptoCurrencyTalk), though I won't post URLs of other forums as I know some forums do not approve of that (hope just mentioning the name doesn't cause any problems, simply trying to explain where I came from). As such, I would like to know more about posting on this site, as I have read that repetitive posts of ref codes, etc. would just result on spam / clutter. However, I do not post repeatedly the same thing over and over, I usually only make 1 thread, and update it from time to time, and bumping it up (being the only ref thread I will have, and not creating multiples). Is it okay to have at least 1 ref thread, that receives consistent updates as I explore and discover new sites that I may find to be decent, and refer to other users? (I do research into sites before referring, as I know there are many scam sites. I also provide links to new sites newly discovered, but have little info to them, in which I then play guinea pig and put myself at risk for the sake of others, and would also update info on it as I would discover more on said site). Also curious if it is okay to have a ref thread, could I simply copy / paste my information I have obtained so far from my thread over in CryptoCurrencyTalk to this site?

2. Are we allowed to post our BTC or ETH (or any altcoin) addresses in our threads for donations? (not saying I'm a begger, simply asking if it's okay to post an address to my wallet if anyone is feeling charitable or thankful that I would provide information or put myself at risk at trying new sites for others when little info is given on sites)

3. Does bitcointalk.org serve cookies at 4 PM, with a cup of tea? =) (not specifying any time zone, so feel free to be creative with this one) ^_^

4. I know reputation must be earned, and I read a little into the trust system. Kinda like that idea, and I believe CryptoCurrencyTalk has something similar (as I have already received +2 within a month so yay me). ^_^ I will try to be active, though I do have a job and a life unfortunately. >_< Looking to reach retirement early if I succeed with cryptos, and also intend to diversify my money across multiple platforms (besides cryptos, I may do stocks, invest more in my 401k, perhaps bank CDs, and other means to achieve decent passive income to where I may not need to work anymore). Having free time and funds to support myself, and extra funds to possibly work on personal projects would be very nice. I also considered possibly starting a charity of some kind, but still not sure on what yet.

5. I have a bad habit of typing alot, and don't know when to stop, would now be a good time to stop? XD

Sorry for the long bible of an introduction, just thought I'd throw myself out there and not make such a short thread about it. If anyone took the time to actually read all this, I thank you, and sorry if I may have bled your eyes dry. =P
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gherik (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:16:59 AM

Okay...cool, no answer to any of my questions from anyone, that's fine...guess I'll just go ahead and go grab my thread from the other site, and go plaster it somewhere... Undecided
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7990

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:57:13 PM

I decided to look around before posting, and found this thread for beginners and newbies, etc. I have read some of the rules, and am aware of no pointless threads as they create clutter.

With that said, I would like to then ask a few questions that I couldn't quite find answers to.

1. I am also a member of another crypto forum (CryptoCurrencyTalk), though I won't post URLs of other forums as I know some forums do not approve of that (hope just mentioning the name doesn't cause any problems, simply trying to explain where I came from). As such, I would like to know more about posting on this site, as I have read that repetitive posts of ref codes, etc. would just result on spam / clutter. However, I do not post repeatedly the same thing over and over, I usually only make 1 thread, and update it from time to time, and bumping it up (being the only ref thread I will have, and not creating multiples). Is it okay to have at least 1 ref thread, that receives consistent updates as I explore and discover new sites that I may find to be decent, and refer to other users? (I do research into sites before referring, as I know there are many scam sites. I also provide links to new sites newly discovered, but have little info to them, in which I then play guinea pig and put myself at risk for the sake of others, and would also update info on it as I would discover more on said site). Also curious if it is okay to have a ref thread, could I simply copy / paste my information I have obtained so far from my thread over in CryptoCurrencyTalk to this site?

2. Are we allowed to post our BTC or ETH (or any altcoin) addresses in our threads for donations? (not saying I'm a begger, simply asking if it's okay to post an address to my wallet if anyone is feeling charitable or thankful that I would provide information or put myself at risk at trying new sites for others when little info is given on sites)

3. Does bitcointalk.org serve cookies at 4 PM, with a cup of tea? =) (not specifying any time zone, so feel free to be creative with this one) ^_^

4. I know reputation must be earned, and I read a little into the trust system. Kinda like that idea, and I believe CryptoCurrencyTalk has something similar (as I have already received +2 within a month so yay me). ^_^ I will try to be active, though I do have a job and a life unfortunately. >_< Looking to reach retirement early if I succeed with cryptos, and also intend to diversify my money across multiple platforms (besides cryptos, I may do stocks, invest more in my 401k, perhaps bank CDs, and other means to achieve decent passive income to where I may not need to work anymore). Having free time and funds to support myself, and extra funds to possibly work on personal projects would be very nice. I also considered possibly starting a charity of some kind, but still not sure on what yet.

5. I have a bad habit of typing alot, and don't know when to stop, would now be a good time to stop? XD

Sorry for the long bible of an introduction, just thought I'd throw myself out there and not make such a short thread about it. If anyone took the time to actually read all this, I thank you, and sorry if I may have bled your eyes dry. =P

1. Copy pasting could get you banned (since nobody knows if it belonged to you or not).
2. In your sig
3. you're not that funny - give it up
4. that is one disjointed talking point but I gathered that you were going to try to be active until you found out newbies had to wait a few minutes between posts and that caused you to give up? huh
5. you should have broken 4 into several points and skipped this one - it was painfully obvious.  Are you related to JayJuanGee?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: