Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:22:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are a legit or Scam?  (Read 32126 times)
bilman (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:14:01 AM

Hi Guys,

Im pretty keen to understand more about ICOs and intend to invest in some.
ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:19:42 AM

Hi Guys,

ANY recommended ICOs and any advise how you guys determine whether is it a legit or Scam?

Thanks in advance.

99% of ICOs are designed for one purpose only - and that is to enrich the creator(s). In other words, yes, most of them are scams.

However, there are plenty of legit ICOs out there too. You just need to be very careful about which ones you choose to invest in. Do a lot of research in terms of the development team, whitepaper, road-map, etc. to gauge how successful you think it will be and then decide.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Jovovich

Activity: 316
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:23:20 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

99% of ICOs are designed for one purpose only - and that is to enrich the creator(s). In other words, yes, most of them are scams.

However, there are plenty of legit ICOs out there too. You just need to be very careful about which ones you choose to invest in. Do a lot of research in terms of the development team, whitepaper, road-map, etc. to gauge how successful you think it will be and then decide.

I guess from my observations, an ICO really is going to be great depending on how much the invested spent on advetising and the uniqueness of its platform. A lot now a days are appearing and it seems its hard to recognize whats scam or not. Keen obervations and reading really is a good style to figure it out.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:37:21 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
They say that many of the ICO are scam so I can consider that it is risky to invest our money to the ICO. I prefer to you that before you invest your money to the different ICO you must have a lot of knowledge.

razzbee

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 01:38:51 AM

Like in everything, There are good and bad, some ICO's are good and very good, others bad, you just have to be careful where you invest your money
bilman (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:55:04 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

thanks for the advise.. i did look thru the white paper and etc.. is really hard to determine is it a legit one anot. haha.
Do you have any ICOs in mind that you think are legit and "scam". i can treat it as reference to go thru as well..
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:00:52 AM

There are scams and there are legit ones.
Easiest way to know which is scam or which is not is to first of all read and understand what they are offering, find out if their business models have real solutions to real world problem and how economically SUSTAINABLE are the business models..
This is just my own way analysing ICOs. You could learn better ways from experience people on this forum.

Your topic should be in Altcoin section by the way.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:04:31 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

many more ICO are legal, you to no the reputation of the dev's like campaign manager yahoo all ICO under his manage are all legit and successfull legally not scam, try this read and study and invest to new ICO handle and manage of yahoo as campaign manager hacken and i'm sure you can get good profit.
Psalms23

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:39:59 AM

We can't really tell an ICO if it is a scam or not until it is in the market with high rate. Some ICO's are really scam from the start, others just became a scam because they just failed to raise their goal amount, but there are others that really made investors rich. Investing in a successful ICO is like hitting a jackpot, you could earn 10x more than you invested with it, but still the risk it comes with is worth contemplating.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 04:12:05 AM

I won't go as far to say that ICOs are scams (although some likely are), but that they aren't worth nearly as much as their hype would suggest.

Have you read in the news people saying that "Bitcoin is a bubble"? It's really the ICO hype that's the bubble. There's no reason for so many to exist, there literally isn't enough demand to support them all. Yet people create them with hope of creating something a fraction as valuable to bitcoin. And people (potentially like you) are intrigued and attracted to them because they missed out on the earliest years of Bitcoin and want to get in on "the next big thing" in its earliest days.

The only way that an ICO is legit and worthy of investment is if it offers something new and better than Bitcoin. It's very rare and difficult to do that. Particularly because there are already 10 or so alternatives to Bitcoin, which offer more anonymity, or some other tangible feature that's different from Bitcoin.

That's it!
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:21:38 AM

There are many things which you have to consider in analysis ICO before investing in them.

- Team behind the project
- How strong is their whitepaper.
- How much they are looking as minimum and does it justifies what they are trying to make
- If they are not using escrows in between than its best to not invest in them.
- Where those projects are based, if they are from countries where there is no any clear rule about ICO and Cryptocurrencies than its better to stay away
- How many people are team and how good they are on answering question asked through their social accounts or in ANN thread.

Don't invest more than you can afford to loss...
nocturnalsheet

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:30:37 AM

many bad ICOs these days. hard to find good ones. got to do a lot of research and reading
kuyaJ

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:47:38 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

As of now, i didn't experience any scam ICO that i have joined.  If you know some trusted manager that you know legit, you can join to his/her campaign to asure that it is legit.
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:56:59 AM

Hi Guys,

Some of them are designed for something *payments to books,gaming and other stuffs on the internet. But, other ICO's are scam they'll say this and that are designed for this but in the end there will be no update nor what's the real pourpose of the coin
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:07:18 AM

many bad ICOs these days. hard to find good ones. got to do a lot of research and reading
Yes there are many ICO coming every day and it's pretty hard to figure out which one is legit and which one is a scam, so what I do is that I wait for the last few days of the bonus period and whichever ICO gets major funding I also invest my money in it and I haven't got scammed till today also.
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:15:15 AM

There are some legit one that have good team and idea but there are some that smell like scam. Basically every investment has risk and you should research the team background to avoid scam ico.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:20:36 AM

Well, for me, it is legit. But not all of it, there are scams, too.
So far I've only met a few scammed ICOs, and lots of successful one.
I can't tell you which one to invest, since joining an ICO is also risky. Just like you said, legit and scam.
karmamiu

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:24:18 AM

I personally think that ICOs are most likely scam(but not all the time) maybe some are likely that, although it seems like it was a scheme, investors are already aware about that gamble, that is why before you have to invest into somekind of investments or ICOs, you have to study what project are you going to enter, and be aware of the risks involve before putting that amount.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████
█▄███████████
██████████
███████████████▄
█████████████████▌
█████████████████
████▀▀▀▀█████▌
██████▀▀▀███████
███████████▌
███████████▀█
█████████████
▀██████████████
████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░▀██▀░███
███░▀▀▀█░█░▀▀▀█░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░▀▀▀█░███
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░░███
▀████████████████████████▀
██████████
████████████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:38:21 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
Well, there are lots of icop nopw are much good than before. Though still majority of them are still scam shit only.
So, we need to be very careful anyhow in choosing ICO that you are going invest in to multiply your capital.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 05:45:25 AM

I would say 7 in 10 are scam ICO projects and you can predict that from the way they have represented themselves. It was very good business earlier because ideas were new and innovative so that people can believe the project and on top of that they use to make it reality after the sufficient funds have been raised. Now a days people are very greedy about the money and they will just form a fake team and publish the ICO in want that they will raise some funds and run away. So to avoid that to happen with us we should always discuss about the specific ICO on this forum. You can find many discussions going on about the ICO here from which idea can be extracted whether to invest or not.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: