Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:04:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherum Hardfork  (Read 869 times)
aiwazz

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:01:48 AM

So as it is going to PoS, where do i need to hold my ETH to gain more?

I think in the official Ethereum Wallet or just on your Ethereum Address. Have do read more about this updates Smiley

Have you read Vitalik explanation of PoS concept in ETH?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sungoku

Activity: 462
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:04:15 AM

HI,

Just looking if someone knows when is Etherum Hardfork?  Is it delayed?

I think hardfork ethereum still didelay until october mid,
patiently then ethereum will rise in price
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:13:16 AM

Planned date of deployment of updates Byzantium for Ethereum postponed for a week.
Hardfork Byzantium - the first part of Metropolis updates for Ethereum - now needs to happen at block 437.000.000 or about 17th October, according to current network metrics. The original expected launch date was 9th October, under the condition that no any complications during testing.
The postponement was made at the suggestion of Vitalik Buterin who said, during the main discussion of developers, that the platform needs to have a margin of safety relative to the previous fork.
pure_happiness_inside

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:54:46 AM

what happens as a result of the hard fork? will there be a chain split? Does PoS happen after Oct 17 or is that just the first phase?
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:17:54 AM

what happens as a result of the hard fork? will there be a chain split? Does PoS happen after Oct 17 or is that just the first phase?

The hard fork will not result in a chain split. This is going to be 4th time that ethereum going through hard fork but so far we only have eth and etc. The most likely hard fork that will result in a chain split that i guess will be the changing of POW to POS. A lot of money has been invested in getting gpu to mine eth. So by changing the POW to POS, this will make millions or even billions of dollar spent on equipment to become useless. So there will be a group that will want to split out to carry on the POW to justify their money earning equipment.
Hafik

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:57:26 AM

HI,

Just looking if someone knows when is Etherum Hardfork?  Is it delayed?

He said japan is doing development, maybe this year's end there has been a decision for the technology. if it changes, must accommodate the ETH as much as possible.

LoyalCoin
▄▄
████▄▄
████████
▀▀██████

▄▄░░▀▀██
████▄▄
████████
▀▀██████
▄▄░░▀▀██
████▄▄
████████
▀▀██████
░░░░▀▀██
..Redefining Customer Loyalty..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    PRE-SALE    OnGoing Now   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      ▄▄
  ▄▄████
████████
██████▀▀
██▀▀░░
▄▄
  ▄▄████
████████
██████▀▀
██▀▀░░
▄▄
  ▄▄████
████████
██████▀▀
██▀▀░░░░
Crypto_Jay_99

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:00:45 PM

The hard fork will not result in a chain split. This is going to be 4th time that ethereum going through hard fork but so far we only have eth and etc. The most likely hard fork that will result in a chain split that i guess will be the changing of POW to POS. A lot of money has been invested in getting gpu to mine eth. So by changing the POW to POS, this will make millions or even billions of dollar spent on equipment to become useless. So there will be a group that will want to split out to carry on the POW to justify their money earning equipment.
I guess those miners could switch to ETC (ethereum classic). I truly hope no more hard fork splits will come for the major coins. Bad for stability imo...
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 05:19:30 PM

The hard fork has been widely anticipated after the Ethereum journey for 2017 was released earlier this year.
The new hard fork should enable some significant upgrades.
The hard fork's first leg in ethereum's Metropolis update will now occur at block number 437,000,000, or about October 17 given current block production metrics. The original expected launch date was October 9, barring any complications during testing.

pure_happiness_inside

Activity: 172

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:55:47 AM

Ok, but I think this hard fork is to prepare for POS? I'm trying to find more information on it, and I think this article is helpful: https://btcmanager.com/byzantine-first-part-of-ethereums-planned-hard-fork-activates-oct-17/

so it looks like this hardfork will reduce block rewards and lay the way for eventual POS, which I think is coming pretty soon anyway, so it seems like there will be another chain split soon??

The GPUs can be re-purposed to mine for other coins IMHO. I have one GPU which I think I'll just re-purpose.
nareshrohra

Activity: 158

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:25:42 AM

As per this news it is going to take effect on the block anticipated to be released on 17th Oct. I am not sure of the credibility of the source but looks good.

But, you should keep checking incase the block gets released earlier

https://btcmanager.com/byzantine-first-part-of-ethereums-planned-hard-fork-activates-oct-17/

BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 10:38:43 AM

As per this news it is going to take effect on the block anticipated to be released on 17th Oct. I am not sure of the credibility of the source but looks good.

But, you should keep checking incase the block gets released earlier

https://btcmanager.com/byzantine-first-part-of-ethereums-planned-hard-fork-activates-oct-17/

i have never heard of this website but the date it gives (17th October) seems to be the correct one although i have heard multiple different dates about the hard fork so far. it seems like nobody is sure!

in any case i am looking forward to see how this one will affect ETH. this is a huge change. it kills mining so i am interested to see what will that do to the price and how the whales can manipulate it this time.

--looking for signature--
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: