Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:04:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people believe in conspiracy theories?  (Read 981 times)
piash.tanjin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:47:13 AM

People are all different, so the reasons for them believing in conspiracies cover a broad range of factors. In general, though, people tend to believe in conspiracies because of helplessness.I found that belief in conspiracy theories is strongly linked to insecurity about employment, alienation, lack of interpersonal trust, and minority status ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kumbo

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:07:36 PM

factors are at work in creating a conspiratorial mind. Uscinski and Parent note that in laboratory experiments “researchers have found that inducing anxiety or loss of control triggers respondents to see nonexistent patterns and evoke conspiratorial explanations” and that in the real world “there is evidence that disasters (e.g., earthquakes) and other high-stress situations (e.g., job uncertainty) prompt people to concoct, embrace, and repeat conspiracy theories.”
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 02:53:34 PM

One factor of this , why some people believe in conspiracy theories because they want to became unique on their way so they still remain believe on their own opinions , ideas and beliefs.
hunker_down

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:26:15 PM

I believe they want to believe them because there are some that have become true.

It's easier to break trust than to gain it. Why wouldn't a government lie again? 

I also think it is connected with ego, they seem to think they know more or in some way outsmarted intellectual people.
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:01:59 PM

One of the possible reasons of people believing in conspiracy theories is because conspiracy theories actually happen.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:12:47 PM

People are all different, so the reasons for them believing in conspiracies cover a broad range of factors. In general, though, people tend to believe in conspiracies because of helplessness.I found that belief in conspiracy theories is strongly linked to insecurity about employment, alienation, lack of interpersonal trust, and minority status ...
The fact is that human nature consists of being friends with someone. There are people who are eager to come to power or do what they like. If you look at how wealthy people or very influential corporations act in life, then I think that there should not be questions about the real existence of conspiracy theory in the world.
ikilledcobain

Activity: 446
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 07:46:24 PM

One of the possible reasons of people believing in conspiracy theories is because conspiracy theories actually happen.

You beat me to it - the Tuskegee experiment, Gulf of Tonkin incident, Operation Paperclip - those are just a few confirmed 'Conspiracy Theories.'

When the government has proven itself to be deceitful and untrustworthy, why would you believe the official story?

One of the many reasons I'm deeply invested in anonymous crypto's (see signature below).

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:03:35 PM

I think the reason why people believe in conspiracy theories is that some of it are convincing enough to be true. People are always curious and they always seek to know the reason for everything and they want to know the unknown. It's fascinating to know about conspiracy theories because some of them makes sense.
Anthonyxx

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:11:54 PM

One single thing to remember,which is fact...We are not told everything,whether it's because there would be a global outrage or it's in their own interest.
The most stupid thing is to believe everything you're served with..so a little dose of skepticism is always justified.
Whilst 80% of these theories are complete bullshit,there's this 20% which has probably some kind of truth in it.
COCA COLA MAN

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:14:51 PM

Did you know that the term 'conspiracy theorist' was actually invented by the CIA to mock those who asked too many questions about the assassination of John F. Kennedy Roll Eyes
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 08:25:49 PM

A large number of conspiracy theories have a lot of supporting evidence and that is reason for belief. Generally I think people tend to buy in to conspiracy theories that give them something to believe in that helps them with some sort of inherent thoughts that they are battling.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Eyesee4

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:57:37 PM

Pretty much this.   A lot of older conspiracy theories have been proven true.   They're also fascinating well at least for me.   Learning about conspiracies like operation snow white where Scientology infiltrated the US government is an interesting read.    The real question should be why do people automatically denounce conspiracies when history has shown they're not always wrong. 
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:27:12 PM

I think the reason why so many people loved conspiracy theories is that they fascinate themselves on alternate truths and the version that makes everything better. It is so much a fantasy to some that they crave and would very much want to be true because it gives credence to their alternate versions.
QueenOf

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:23:18 PM

why people believe in conspiracy theories is Because conspiracy theories make sense to us all. I think some people who believe in conspiracy theories believe in those ideas because it restores a sense of agency. It gives them a sense of power. It gives them a sense that they can do something about the world.Conspiracy theories offer a comprehensive framework that answers questions about human nature, reality, our place in life and whatnot. A conspiracy theory gives a sense of order to an otherwise chaotic and unpredictable world.
frumjanet

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:41:10 PM

There's sometimes an element of question to conspiracy theory.  Sometimes the human mind wants to believe something that's so outlandish that it could possibly be true.   Grin
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 06:52:12 PM

people who believe are just faithful. the mind creates things for several reason which you mentioned, if they believe there's conspiracy then maybe there is a grain of truth just to entertain themselves. theories are theories. much like how people believe in darwin's theory about us came from apes. they are all theories anyway.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:54:01 PM

First and foremost, we have to ask ourselves why are there conspiracy theories in the first place and the answer that comes to mind is that, it's mainly because the government are not truthful about everything at all, when one hides secret, it makes other develop their own side of what they deem to be true themselves.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Showtime24

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:14:21 PM

Did you know that the term 'conspiracy theorist' was actually invented by the CIA to mock those who asked too many questions about the assassination of John F. Kennedy Roll Eyes

Exactly this.  You should not live your life blindly following whatever the news or anyone says.  ALWAYS know there is an agenda behind every report.  Question everything and educate yourself.
salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:45:14 AM

The reason why people believe in conspiracy theories is ignorance of ongoing stuff on earth. If people have enough information about ongoing events, people do not believe these ridiculous conspiracy theories for sure.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
bdog1234

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:17:52 AM

There are a wide range of conspiracy theories. Some are really out there and seem crazy while others are quite possibly true. As mentioned above some conspiracy theories have been proven true.

I don’t spend much time thinking about it but people should not blindly believe everything the media or government tells them. To do so is very naive.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: