Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:25:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Vs Bitcoin Cash  (Read 333 times)
Herriestengel (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:07:04 PM

Bitcoin cash is more in line with the usual bitcoin whitepaper. And segwit is clearly not how Satoshi proposed it should go.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Commanderworf

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:42:36 PM

so what happens now?
Herriestengel (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:24:17 PM

haha witch one do you think is better and why?
Phalo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:10:42 PM

Bitcoin cash is more in line with the usual bitcoin whitepaper. And segwit is clearly not how Satoshi proposed it should go.

I love bitcoin cash, i never dumped since the fork, instead i bought more in the past 2big dumps but I am failing to understand the point of this trend. Can you make us understand?
prabakharras

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:20:08 PM

They seem to move accordingly together, most alts took a dump yesterday
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/bitcoin/usd
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/bitcoin-cash/usd

Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:20:33 PM

I don't know too much about fork technically and I am sure Satoshi didn't intend that to happen. But since this is a very profitable thing to do, there are a lot of people interested on it to make some cash. Bitcoin will never be replaced, but some people will keep saying that bitcoin has safety problems that need to be solved and then purpose forks. Of course that Bitcoin can't solve all the blockchains stuff, and that's why altcoins (the serious projects) are created to solve markets, industry, social, technology problems, etc.
Bambinoe

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:24:36 PM

Bitcoin still remains the best option for me. Anyway it depends on the basis for your comparison.

RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 04:27:42 PM

Are you fucking crazy?  Do you want to get banned for life?  Don't say blasphemous things or thermous will hit you so hard it will kill your whole family.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
goldenmistletoes

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:02:56 PM

I think I would still prefer bitcoin than bitcoin cash, I don't want to take risk nor transfer my investments anymore.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:06:50 PM

Lol not sure if this is a serious or trolling post.

Please explain why altcash is in your vision more adherent to the whitepaper than core.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
outtanowhere

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:09:28 PM

Once btc gets used by the broad public it will be dead (in its current state)

With public use the tx/sec will skyrocket, and therefore tx fees will rise to 500+sat/b if we dont fix our shit
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:16:30 PM

Once btc gets used by the broad public it will be dead (in its current state)

With public use the tx/sec will skyrocket, and therefore tx fees will rise to 500+sat/b if we dont fix our shit

Segwit + lighting network.

That's already fixed, we just need developers of new solutions and services adopting them.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
bubble1

Activity: 41
Merit: 7

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:18:34 PM

I wonder if we will eventually end up with something resembling old money systems:

To explain my thinking, let's look at British coins circa 1900. You can probably see this in many other coinage systems throughout the ages. In Britain there was:-

Gold Pound Sterling/Sovereign (also a premium gold guinea worth 5% more because of higher purity)

Silver Crown = 4 to 1 pound sterling
Silver Half Crown = 8 to 1 pound sterling
Silver Florin = 10 to 1 pound sterling
Silver Shilling = 20 to 1 pound sterling
Silver Sixpence = 40 to 1 pound sterling

Copper Penny = 240 to 1 pound sterling
Copper Halfpenny = 480 to 1 pound sterling
Copper Farthing = 960 to 1 pound sterling

Clearly there was a hierarchy Gold > Silver > Copper

For many daily purchases, copper was good enough. A loaf of bread cost a few pennies.

For larger items, eg clothes, rent, etc silver was adequate

Gold was used for business trades, large asset purchases, houses etc.

In my mind's eye I consider Bitcoin as being "Gold", and Bitcoin Cash as "Silver"

Eventually, I see a third crypto-coin emerging, taking the role of "Copper"

While I think the Satoshi can cover the whole range of purchases, most people can't get their head around coffee at 0.00001 BTC (or whatever). But a "Copper" like coin  with a value (close to 1 US$) is much more sensible.

We would keep our Bitcoin at home, safe, offline, in cold storage, until we need to make a big purchase. We would keep "Bitcoin Silver" for medium purchases, and "Bitcoin Copper" on our mobiles for instant use.

The security and speed of the network might reflect this. Perhaps some sort of blockchain light, fast but maybe not eternal. Would you need to record all low value transactions forever?

Who knows...

Tszunami98

Activity: 812
Merit: 124

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:23:17 PM

I dont know about BCH being like in satoshi whitepaper because i am not good at being technical..and also it is not my field of expertize. But i do know one thing that whitepaper states...and that is decentralization. In my opinion BCH is pretty centralized with that greedy fuckers behind it who keep singing the same boring slogan about how they put their soul into this project..bla bla bla.
BCH is not the coin for the comunity... and you will se those guys dumping this coin and will never hear about it again.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:36:31 PM

I find criticism of segwit that i've heard from several places very valid and it is a vector of attack if the segwit addresses can be attacked by colluding miners that decide to do so (I couldn't explain the technical details, but this is the summary, correct me im wrong).

What it's not clear to me at all is if this is a concert that is practically possible or just theory. And I also don't see where satoshi said "no segwit". I've read satoshi quotes saying how he designed bitcoin with support of several format addresses on mind or something along the lines.
EpicFail

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:38:37 PM

The whitepaper is not meant to be frozen in time. If you believe that you are a retard.

Scaling doesn't just mean bigger and bigger blocks. If you want to believe that it's fine, but others have the opinion that Bitcoin should not just rely on this to scale.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: