Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:04:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 millon for a Bitcoin is this fiction or reality?  (Read 2992 times)
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:51:45 AM

Although it's too good to be true but if bitcoin show a promosing progress so it's possible to happen , it's just a matter of time
Bitcoin is unexpected investation that ever been made so I keep hold my most of bits for maximize my profit

Smiley
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ragnar0k

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:09:26 AM

For a bitcoin to become $1million worth, do you know how much money has to flood into the market? There's not enough money in the world for that to happen. Unless the gov't around world pumps out paper money at incredible amount, and you all know what happens, right

Tldr; It's a pure fiction that a bitcoin will cost $1million. Not gonna happen. Never. Nada.
That is not true actually... Only if you count derivatives, you get 630 trillions, which divided by 23 Mln would mean 27mln per bitcoins.
In any case, the value of the money in the world is 63 tn, which, if it was all going to BC, would make it worth 3.6 Mln. So, if BC manages to get just a 25% of money market could be worth 1Mn.

If on the other hand we can steal all the gold market, it would make each BC valued at 350k.

So... 1Mn is possible, alas quite hard

Source:http://money.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-money-and-markets-in-one-visualization/

$630 Trillions of derivatives are not WORTH $630 Trillions. Th that's just a number on a paper. I can issue you a note with $630 Trillion written on it, but is it really worth $630 Trillions? Nobody in his right mind would think it is.

For a bitcoin to be worth $1 million, the total market cap has to be $210,000,000,000,000. Now you tell me where are all these money going to come from?

You have 1 too many zeroes there. It's 21,000,000,000,000. The market cap of gold is over a third of that. But you can't readily send gold around the internet to buy things or to send money to people. Bitcoin is like gold in that it has pros as gold (store of value, hedge against bad economic times and inflation) but can be used to buy things or send money to people quickly and cheaply, which makes bitcoin much much more useful than gold as a commodity. So bitcoin one day having a market cap triple that of gold is certainly possible.

Indeed.... I stand corrected (but also talks cheap Wink)
I see gold losing ground if bitcoin becomes more 'regulated', though not sure to which degree. I really think nobody wants to deal with gold if they can, it is seriously a pain.
All in all, if BC takes a good chunk of gold and a good chunk of currencies space, and a good chunk of stocks trading (really that is the way it is moving, alas less in the currency space) 1Mn is not impossible (but unlikely in my lifespan I think)
thecodebear

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:29:05 AM

For a bitcoin to become $1million worth, do you know how much money has to flood into the market? There's not enough money in the world for that to happen. Unless the gov't around world pumps out paper money at incredible amount, and you all know what happens, right

Tldr; It's a pure fiction that a bitcoin will cost $1million. Not gonna happen. Never. Nada.
That is not true actually... Only if you count derivatives, you get 630 trillions, which divided by 23 Mln would mean 27mln per bitcoins.
In any case, the value of the money in the world is 63 tn, which, if it was all going to BC, would make it worth 3.6 Mln. So, if BC manages to get just a 25% of money market could be worth 1Mn.

If on the other hand we can steal all the gold market, it would make each BC valued at 350k.

So... 1Mn is possible, alas quite hard

Source:http://money.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-money-and-markets-in-one-visualization/

$630 Trillions of derivatives are not WORTH $630 Trillions. Th that's just a number on a paper. I can issue you a note with $630 Trillion written on it, but is it really worth $630 Trillions? Nobody in his right mind would think it is.

For a bitcoin to be worth $1 million, the total market cap has to be $210,000,000,000,000. Now you tell me where are all these money going to come from?

You have 1 too many zeroes there. It's 21,000,000,000,000. The market cap of gold is over a third of that. But you can't readily send gold around the internet to buy things or to send money to people. Bitcoin is like gold in that it has pros as gold (store of value, hedge against bad economic times and inflation) but can be used to buy things or send money to people quickly and cheaply, which makes bitcoin much much more useful than gold as a commodity. So bitcoin one day having a market cap triple that of gold is certainly possible.

Indeed.... I stand corrected (but also talks cheap Wink)
I see gold losing ground if bitcoin becomes more 'regulated', though not sure to which degree. I really think nobody wants to deal with gold if they can, it is seriously a pain.
All in all, if BC takes a good chunk of gold and a good chunk of currencies space, and a good chunk of stocks trading (really that is the way it is moving, alas less in the currency space) 1Mn is not impossible (but unlikely in my lifespan I think)

Yeah definitely the main thing pushing bitcoin adoption right now is that it is used like a stock - an appreciating asset to invest in. And that's perfectly fine, quite frankly it wouldn't be getting adopted otherwise. And yeah likely it will siphon off part of gold's market cap, as well as when new (young) investors are looking for a hedge against bad times rather than choosing gold like people used to they will mostly choose bitcoin, making bitcoin the gold for the current generation. Currency is the last thing that is going to come because it requires a somewhat stable value, and that can only happen when the world has embraced bitcoin on a mass market scale. Until then its just gonna be too volatile.

Anyways, these three things means I think bitcoin definitely can reach a million dollars, though of course it isn't assured. I think it wouldn't take too long, maybe 20 years. I expect it to hit $100k in 5 years, maybe $500k in 2030...1 million could happen in the late 30s, if bitcoin is the dominant crypto still and nothing has come along to replace cryptos.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:58:19 AM

People says 1 BTC will be cost 1 Million do you believe in that?

It is definitely possible.

The fact is that hyperinflation is especially dangerous and could happen to any country at any time. If it happens to the US, and people start dumping their fiat to get their hands in some bitcoin then $1 million would be no big deal here.

But then, $1 million would be worth significantly less than it currently it is worth.

ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:02:35 AM

That's too impossible for me to think it for now but again I can't be so sure. There's only two things that btc can go which is continue to go up or go down. I'm sure that fluctuations on its price will still happen every year so no.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:15:50 AM

Hmm.. although it may seem a little bit too surreal or exaggerated at first thought, it really can be something achievable. The reason why I believe this can happen is because if you think about the history of bitcoin from the very beginning till now(which was from nothing to something big), it really has gotten far. And with every adversity it only got better. So I think a million wouldn’t be something that is impossible to achieve when it comes to bitcoin. Although we might not be able to reach that with our age, but i think it will probably happen some time in the future. Either that, or it becomes just a memory from the past in the future and soon forgotten.
Yes this is possible because upcoming era is the era of bitcoin and its price maybe will cross above million so believe In it and if this happen so investor who invested in good times will be in good situation but new comer will not invest because million is so high price so maybe if it will be declared as global currency then it price may beyond the limits.

yakushev

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:43:01 PM

Hmm.. although it may seem a little bit too surreal or exaggerated at first thought, it really can be something achievable. The reason why I believe this can happen is because if you think about the history of bitcoin from the very beginning till now(which was from nothing to something big), it really has gotten far. And with every adversity it only got better. So I think a million wouldn’t be something that is impossible to achieve when it comes to bitcoin. Although we might not be able to reach that with our age, but i think it will probably happen some time in the future. Either that, or it becomes just a memory from the past in the future and soon forgotten.
Yes this is possible because upcoming era is the era of bitcoin and its price maybe will cross above million so believe In it and if this happen so investor who invested in good times will be in good situation but new comer will not invest because million is so high price so maybe if it will be declared as global currency then it price may beyond the limits.

Very optimistic for you forecasts. I want to believe in it, but I can not help it. It seems to me that the price of bitcoin can not be higher than 25 - 30 thousand dollars. At the same time, the capitalization of the currency should be very high

dart vader

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:37:30 PM

Price of Bitcoin is increasing at a very fast rate  but i dont think it is possible that 1 BTC will cost $1million .No doubt its demand is increasing and people are taking interest in it but for 1BTC to reach $1million it has to be declared as the world's currency and the only currency for financial transactions .$1million is a dream figure for all the Bitcoin holders and if 1BTC will reach $1million then it will be like a dream come true for all them as they will get very huge profits.
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:04:59 PM

Very optimistic for you forecasts. I want to believe in it, but I can not help it. It seems to me that the price of bitcoin can not be higher than 25 - 30 thousand dollars. At the same time, the capitalization of the currency should be very high
Total market cap ~ thousand billion dollar normal with a currency can become famous in future. If Bitcoin can use anywhere and get accept from the government, that the future can happen.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
xPPx

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 05:22:19 PM

$1M/BTC is possible, but HIGHLY unlikely. I'd be happy with 10%ROI year-over-year to be honest...
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:46:42 PM

Frankly speaking this thing would really be a fiction.Im a believer on bitcoin but setting up  exagerrated assumptions for this kind of price range isnt right anymore.Thinking off if 1 btc is a million dollar cost,what would be the total of its marketcap?For sure it would surpass all of the local fiat currencies all over the world and i would like to ask,is the government wont do such act? For sure they would.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:57:14 PM

I think there would be a possibility for bitcoin to be valued at 1 million usd, however at that time, the buying power of the petrodollar might be so low, that bitcoin is already replacing all fiat to become world currency. I think there world then, already had experience a financial crisis, if we look at what's happening rigth now to zimbabwe, bitcoin is cosidered millions in their fiat, simply because their fiat had lost its buying power, i think that will be the scenario, if bitcoin is valued to 1 million usd, right now it might sound ridiculous, but if you check on other other countries aside from the us, you will say it is plausible, and soon it might be a reality.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:35:20 PM

Frankly speaking this thing would really be a fiction.Im a believer on bitcoin but setting up  exagerrated assumptions for this kind of price range isnt right anymore.Thinking off if 1 btc is a million dollar cost,what would be the total of its marketcap?For sure it would surpass all of the local fiat currencies all over the world and i would like to ask,is the government wont do such act? For sure they would.

What gov? Act how?  I assume you mean America and they actually do not rule the world.  Brutal inflation happens pretty often the idea it will not is going to decimate people..
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:49:56 PM

I seriously believe that a day is coming when one bitcoin will actually be equal to $1,000,000. Many people are buying into the ideas of blockchain technology and the demand for bitcoin keep on increasing day in day out and if we sustain this great momentum we are having, then in few years from now we may achieve that price.
vickycoin05

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:55:39 PM

That's too much for a bitcoin price, maybe a profit to every investor but not bitcoin value will come to that scenario. It will remain a fiction and not a reality for all of us.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:56:48 PM

I have a strong feeling that this is going to come, it doesn't matter to me on how long I should wait but I believe that this is going to happen. Early investors and adopters didn't even think that bitcoin will reach $4,000 because it's too high for their expectation. And the same thing for us, it's quite high in our mindset but who knows maybe after 5-10 years we'll see it happening for real.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:02:18 PM

I don't think btc will reach 1m in any of our lifetimes, it seems like too large of a rise.  I hate being wrong but I really hope I am wrong!

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:13:35 AM

I don't believe in such results. The growth of prices of bitcoins will continue but not to such an extent. It seems to me that bitcoin now is an indicator of inflation of the dollar. As soon as the American government will feel the pressure of bitcoin on the dollar, they will start a war with him. It is not known who else will win this war.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:29:14 PM

It is possible but it would take many years for it to become a reality. 1 million dollar for a Bitcoin is a very high value so there will be a great resistance to it and would take a very long time to be reached. A very high number of demand is also needed in order to attain that price so Bitcoin must be known by many people. And these people should be holding some Bitcoins. If these are met, we might see Bitcoin within that range.
Besides how many people rare going to resist the temptation to sell way before that, it is impossible but if bitcoin reached those prices I know that I will probably sell when bitcoin hits 100k, I do no have a lot of bitcoin but I know that if bitcoin reached that price my life will change immediately and since that is exactly what I want of bitcoin then I know that I will sell at that point.
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:56:03 AM

I won't say that $1M/bitcoin will never happen, but if it ever does, it's going to be a very long time from now.  I think bitcoin still has a lot of potential to rise a lot over the next few years, but at a certain point, it becomes harder and harder to keep bidding up the price because there's only so much money in the world.  $1M/bitcoin would mean a market cap of $1M/bitcoin x ~20M bitcoins = $20T.  That's a little more than the GDP of the entire United States.  The only two ways I can reasonably see that happening (other than waiting hundreds of years) is 1) a large enough country actually adopts bitcoin as its official currency, which I don't think is going to happen, or 2) the USA goes through a period of extreme hyperinflation, which results in a much weaker dollar and thus a much higher bitcoin-USD exchange rate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: