Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:26:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AST] 🔥 AIRSWAP: Peer-to-peer Decentralized Marketplace backed by ConsenSys  (Read 26944 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:58:06 PM

I'm interested but these valuations are getting ridiculous.

Not to mention the "remaining 40%" - nowhere does it specify what happens to these tokens. Are they kept by team, or what? Also, has the presale already taken place?

Love the Virtu hype but this presale is not living up to the example set by 0x (not without faults) so far.

"Token Distribution
• 15% sold in Presale
• 2% sold in Beta Tester Sale
• 13% sold in Main Sale
• 10% to Advisors and Partners
• 10% to Founders, vesting quarterly over 4 years
• 10% for New Partnerships
• The remaining 40% will be locked for a minimum of 6 months"

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bdstar (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:09:10 PM

btcthm

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:20:09 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 06:47:31 PM by btcthm

I'm interested but these valuations are getting ridiculous.

Not to mention the "remaining 40%" - nowhere does it specify what happens to these tokens. Are they kept by team, or what? Also, has the presale already taken place?

Love the Virtu hype but this presale is not living up to the example set by 0x (not without faults) so far.

"Token Distribution
• 15% sold in Presale
• 13% sold in Main Sale
• 10% to Advisors and Partners
• 10% to Founders, vesting quarterly over 4 years
• 10% for New Partnerships
• The remaining 40% will be locked for a minimum of 6 months"
I have same question.
"The remaining 40% will be locked for a minimum of 6 months"
Use for AIRSWAP ecosystem or what?
Bdstar (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:55:46 PM

I have same question.
"The remaining 40% will be locked for a minimum of 6 months"
Use for AIRSWAP ecosystem or what?

We may need another way to engage with partners, service providers, contractors, etc. We can't totally see what the future looks like so are operating under the assumption that it'll be in the company's interest to hold some tokens on reserve. The reserve tokens are held in a multi signature wallet that requires confirmations from several AirSwap stakeholders, including ConsenSys.
anglais

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:44:09 PM

Based on the numbers you value the token at $150m market cap before anything is even launched. Why are you insisting on such a huge raise? Non-ICO startups are putting together billion dollar companies for a fraction of your intended $45m raise.

I just wish somebody would step up and do a sensible $5m raise for 90% of the tokens. Otherwise this whole industry will burn out before end of the year.

anglais

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:47:21 PM

We may need another way to engage with partners, service providers, contractors, etc. We can't totally see what the future looks like so are operating under the assumption that it'll be in the company's interest to hold some tokens on reserve. The reserve tokens are held in a multi signature wallet that requires confirmations from several AirSwap stakeholders, including ConsenSys.

You should be using your own tokens to bring on future shareholders and partners. The same as any other business owner has to give away their shares to expand the company. Just be up front and say you're keeping 50% of tokens and investors will be less skeptical.
Diezal32

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:07:05 PM

Maybe I missed it but what's the value in the token? If there's no fees and you don't necessarily need this token to exchange two other tokens, how does this token gain value in the marketplace?

Just curious. Thanks
TokensFund.io

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 09:31:48 AM

Airswap has been listed to http://tokensfund.io/

https://twitter.com/TokensFund/status/913697540154859520

Join our telegram channel : https://t.me/joinchat/F75vLw5llwDntWoGd3SZwg

Thanks!

For News And Token Sales https://tokensfund.io/
alanwang111

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:30:06 PM

greedy team
ERIC_CRYPTOMANIAC

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:10:39 PM

Based on the numbers you value the token at $150m market cap before anything is even launched. Why are you insisting on such a huge raise? Non-ICO startups are putting together billion dollar companies for a fraction of your intended $45m raise.

I just wish somebody would step up and do a sensible $5m raise for 90% of the tokens. Otherwise this whole industry will burn out before end of the year.

Agreed.150 milions!!! Grin Grin Grin incredible greed.I'm out
iwebvn20

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:17:50 PM

i think twitter bounty is best , i can follow and like this project , look promising project .
dectcoin

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:25:00 PM

it's a native tokens but not basic on the Ethereum system?
as a native tokens always was hard to develop than the asset basic the Ethereum system Wink
art3719

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:16:53 PM

• 15% sold in Presale

Could you please clarify how much funds (ETH/USD) did you raise at Presale

TY
mexi.db

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:49:32 PM

Are there any platforms that already implement this protocol? Is the beta testing group closed?
bineva17

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:20:07 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2017, 05:43:29 AM by bineva17

I've been following this project for a long time but yes, the golden age of ICO is over. Paticipating in a $150m marketcap project at the beginning will lead to huge dump for sure.
Bdstar (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:22:52 AM

Lisk_beginner

Activity: 649
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:14:21 AM

Interesting for speculation.
I think that will be as Kyber, chainlink, *3
justbruce

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:43:44 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2017, 09:25:58 AM by justbruce

Hi BDStar and rest of the Airswap team. I recently became acquainted with the Airswap initiative and am both enthusiastic and skeptical about the longer term prospects for the project.  I have worked in and near capital markets for many years and certainly get your vision and recognize the need to create exchanges that are fair and prevent front-running and abuse, especially in unregulated spaces such as trading ERC20 tokens.  I also recognize that the protocol, in its current form, is meant only to be a starting point.  

Still it seems to me that the protocol is very simplistic and that there is either a whole lot of handwaving going or a lot of thought that has not yet been made public to get around concerns that I believe would be obvious to many people with trading/market making experience.  Or I'm simply an idiot and just don't get it.  

My primary concern is that participants have to trust the indexer.  The indexer is in a position to delay or simply not forward some or all messages (i.e. foundintent) to some participants.  Furthermore, there is nothing that prevents the indexer from also acting as a taker or maker (or colluding with makers/takers).  This means that the indexer can leverage its position as "man in the middle" to front run order flow.  I'm happy to provide specific examples of how I would do this if I were the indexer if you want but I doubt this is necessary.  So my questions for you would be "Am I completely missing something here?" and if not, "What steps are you taking to ensure that the indexer doesn't cheat?"  (edit: by "cheat" I mean by play by the rules which to me means acting in such a way that all participants have a level playing field).
art3719

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:16:23 PM

Hi BDStar and rest of the Airswap team. I recently became acquainted with the Airswap initiative and am both enthusiastic and skeptical about the longer term prospects for the project.  I have worked in and near capital markets for many years and certainly get your vision and recognize the need to create exchanges that are fair and prevent front-running and abuse, especially in unregulated spaces such as trading ERC20 tokens.  I also recognize that the protocol, in its current form, is meant only to be a starting point.  

Still it seems to me that the protocol is very simplistic and that there is either a whole lot of handwaving going or a lot of thought that has not yet been made public to get around concerns that I believe would be obvious to many people with trading/market making experience.  Or I'm simply an idiot and just don't get it.  

My primary concern is that participants have to trust the indexer.  The indexer is in a position to delay or simply not forward some or all messages (i.e. foundintent) to some participants.  Furthermore, there is nothing that prevents the indexer from also acting as a taker or maker (or colluding with makers/takers).  This means that the indexer can leverage its position as "man in the middle" to front run order flow.  I'm happy to provide specific examples of how I would do this if I were the indexer if you want but I doubt this is necessary.  So my questions for you would be "Am I completely missing something here?" and if not, "What steps are you taking to ensure that the indexer doesn't cheat?"

Really nice question!
But looks like nobody cares...
justbruce

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:22:00 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2017, 12:32:07 PM by justbruce

Thanks.  Not very surprising that no-one on the official Airswap channel cares.  It seems this ICO is really more about the team than the underlying technology or protocol.  The team is obviously smart and has an impressive background.  Given the backing of Consensys, the positive coverage from outlets like BBG that focuses on the team and not on their simplistic approach to a very difficult problem, there is no doubt in my mind that the founders will get their $15 million at a $150 million valuation.  I'm a bit more skeptical that they will actually pull off the tech. part.

Still, I'm investing in the tokens because I'll need them to access the platform.  I see an enormous trading opportunity to take advantage of all the free vol. that the market makers will be providing to the takers.  The protocol, in its current form at least, requires all market makers to write free calls and puts, albeit very short-dated ones in order to trade i.e. a cryptographically binding agreement to buy or sell some quantity of a token at a fixed price up until some point in the future is really just an option.  Yes technically they can cancel, but this costs gas and requires luck with the timing when competing against the takers who undoubtedly will be exercising them during sudden market moves.  It would be great if someone from the Airswap team could tell me what I'm missing or why this doesn't matter.

I believe there are other problems with the protocol too, that should be obvious to many, but as you said nobody seems to care....

cheat?"

Really nice question!
But looks like nobody cares...
[/quote]
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: