Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:31:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Shouldn't we focus more on Blockchain technology?  (Read 185 times)
DrJNeto

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:59:18 AM

Blockchain Technology is indeed the platform for future innovation. Cryptocurrencies have an important role but everytime a new coin is released, it dilutes the market with another project that may not be ready for world deployment. If there were less than 10 digital currencies focusing on privacy, liquidity, store of value, instant transactions, these coins would be progressively refined into better coins making our digital ecosystem stronger.
There is no right or wrong with technology or development but as a community, we should identify if the emerging trend is counterproductive and establish best industry practices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hexcolyte

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:02:57 AM

I was curious on the idea that the blockchain technology and not the coins were more likely to be accepted in the future. This being said, I think the coins using the tech are probably one of the best ways to get it more in the public eye to make sure it is understood. Of course you have those people who only care about gains who taint the "value" of coins.

One of the good examples I believe was with Ripple and XRP. iirc, banks were more interested in using the ripple system and tech instead of actually integrating their coin for currency transactions. I feel there will be similar developments with certain coins and the tech behind it moving forward. Correct me if im wrong on this though.

This brings up another question though, how would investors who just got into the space be able to support blockchain tech more then the coin? This might be an issue left for developers/programmers to work on (which I assume they have been for quite some time.)

Blockchain is not just about currency and investment, so investors are not a must. Open source project has been evolving without the need of funds. Something that is open source will allow other programmers to help the project, for free.
curtains15

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:06:58 AM

I was curious on the idea that the blockchain technology and not the coins were more likely to be accepted in the future. This being said, I think the coins using the tech are probably one of the best ways to get it more in the public eye to make sure it is understood. Of course you have those people who only care about gains who taint the "value" of coins.

One of the good examples I believe was with Ripple and XRP. iirc, banks were more interested in using the ripple system and tech instead of actually integrating their coin for currency transactions. I feel there will be similar developments with certain coins and the tech behind it moving forward. Correct me if im wrong on this though.

This brings up another question though, how would investors who just got into the space be able to support blockchain tech more then the coin? This might be an issue left for developers/programmers to work on (which I assume they have been for quite some time.)

Blockchain is not just about currency and investment, so investors are not a must. Open source project has been evolving without the need of funds. Something that is open source will allow other programmers to help the project, for free.

Ahh ok makes sense, thanks for clarifying. Personally, I would love to contribute to development but unfortunately I don't really have a background in programming, but its great to know.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:04:13 AM

I certainly agree, blockchain technology is very important in the future, most of the sectors already try to implemented blockchain technology, and it need to develop further, blockchain has been proven so useful for the transaction and a lot of positive comment coming from the people that used it, blockchain and crypto currencies can't be separated, the blockchain fame is coming from crypto so I think both of them need to be developed further
BIRC

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:58:28 AM

Yes, we really should focus more on Blockchain technology. Some people already said something similar. Maybe Bitcoin will disappear after 20 years, but blockchain will stay.

Now many people focus more on cryptocurrency just because they want make big money in short time.....but this is just nature of common people.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: