Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:51:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]ChainTrade - First Blockchain-based platform to trade Food, Metals & Energy  (Read 6616 times)
ChainTrade

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:10:25 PM

Blockchain Startup ChainTrade Emphasizes the Advantages of Decentralized Exchanges in Commodities Trading

Read Full Article here: http://btcnews.com/blockchain-startup-chaintrade-emphasizes-advantages-decentralized-exchanges-commodities-trading/

Thanks tansoft64 for sharing this new article published on us Smiley
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChainTrade

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:12:54 PM

Here is an interesting article that mentions ChainTrade for its AI features (Artificial Intelligence)... Yes, ChainTrade also has a significant AI aspect in its set of features.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/10/02/an-ai-god-will-emerge-by-2042-and-write-its-own-bible-will-you-worship-it/

Extract:

Vincent Jacques runs a company called ChainTrade that uses AI to analyze blockchain. It’s hyper-focused machine learning — the AI enforces anti-money laundering statutes. That’s obviously a long way from an AI that can tell you how to live your life or read an AI bible.

“It would be extremely dangerous to have an all-knowing, thinking AI being someday,” says Jacques. “All computer programs, including AI programs, are built for a specific and narrow purpose: win a chess game, win a go game, reduce an electricity bill etc. The computer logic, even if it is advanced AI, doesn’t play well with a general will and general thinking capability that could at the same time design military strategies, marketing strategies, and learn how to play chess from scratch. For this reason, I’m not really scared of a potential super-thinker that could overthrow us one day — I believe that the inventive and innovative part will always be missing.”
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:05:50 AM

sir can i know where is the link of the signature camp? because i can't see it now?
tansoft64

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:06:13 AM

sir can i know where is the link of the signature camp? because i can't see it now?

here is the link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2217233.0

You can participate the bounty.

Thanks.
tansoft64

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:29:26 AM

Here is an interesting article that mentions ChainTrade for its AI features (Artificial Intelligence)... Yes, ChainTrade also has a significant AI aspect in its set of features.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/10/02/an-ai-god-will-emerge-by-2042-and-write-its-own-bible-will-you-worship-it/

An AI god will emerge by 2042 and write its own bible. Will you worship it?
In the next 25 years, AI will evolve to the point where it will know more on an intellectual level than any human. In the next 50 or 100 years, an AI might know more than the entire population of the planet put together. At that point, there are serious questions to ask about whether this AI -- which could design and program additional AI programs all on its own, read data from an almost infinite number of data sources, and control almost every connected device on the planet -- will somehow rise in status to become more like a god, something that can write its own bible and draw humans to worship it.
ahrimanbro

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:43:09 AM

how do you differ or are there any players similar to your platform?  Grin
ChainTrade

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:48:28 AM

how do you differ or are there any players similar to your platform?  Grin

Actually we don't know of any players similar to our platform, i.e. startups developing a trading platform for commodities (food, metals, energy) on the blockchain.
We are the first.
We intend to keep our first mover advantage, by developing fast, and by getting a trading license from Singaporean authorities (which are much more business friendly than in Europe of North America).
ChainTrade

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:00:04 PM

Are you interested in promoting a better access of food, metals and energy in all parts of the world?

Today is the last day to benefit from a 35% discount!

https://chaintrade.net
bagikoin

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 03:34:01 PM

Are you interested in promoting a better access of food, metals and energy in all parts of the world?

Today is the last day to benefit from a 35% discount!

https://chaintrade.net

Of course many people are interested in this project, let alone a sizable bonus of 35%, this is very beneficial, but time is almost finished.

_▄▄▄▄
▄██████
▀"▀██████
     `█████
_▄▄▄▄.  Y████
,███████▄. Y█████
,███P'   `██p`█████
,d███'          `██████
o███P _▄▄██▄▄_    `██████
,████',d████████L    Y██████
d███P,████████████b    Y███████
d█████d██████████████    ]████████
d█████████P'd████████P    d█████████
,██████████'  Y█████████ooo██████[Y████
d██████████'    Y████████████████P  Y████
, ██████████[        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀    d████
 ███████████.         __        ____▄▄███████
█████████████L_       `"██████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     
██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
  ████████████████████████████████████████████ 
     ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ESSENCE OF A PROJECT
ECOSTARTEcoStart will be a reliable platform for creating
applications for financing green projects,
ecology and sharing the economy.
Instant and transparent
financing of environmental
projects.

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER

[....
JOIN
....]
WE CREATE
A CRYPTOCURRENCY
FOR OUR PLANET
ChainTrade

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 12:20:21 PM

ChainTrade's CEO interviewed by The Invest Zone Smiley

https://www.theinvestzone.com/2017/10/06/an-interview-with-vincent-jacques-of-chaintrade/

Q: Hi Vincent, Tell us about yourself
I’m a serial tech entrepreneur. I studied at HEC (top business school in France) and UCLA (MBA program). I started my career in investment banking but quickly became a consultant at the BCG. In 2009 I founded an AI company called Planorama, which is now worth $25 million.

Q: Tell us more about your team! Do they all have background of crypto?
Yes, many of our developers have blockchain / crypto background. One of our technical advisors is a founder of Ethereum. But our team is also comprised of industry experts: for example, we are advised by the former Director of Strategy at NYSE and Euronext.

Q: What inspired you to do an ICO?
We started to work on ChainTrade at the end of 2016 and wanted to move the trade of food and raw materials to the blockchain. Now that we have a working prototype, we need more money to make it a scalable product and start attracting buyers & sellers to the platform (budget for sales & marketing). From there came the idea of launching an ICO to finance the development of the company and the product.

Q: How did the idea of ChainTrade come about? Is this something you were doing before?
Yes, I started my career in banking and I have many trader friends. The trade of commodity derivatives today (food and raw materials) is extremely centralized, high fees are charged, with many intermediaries, and only big financial institutions can access it. We want to decentralize this market, dramatically lower the fees (cut them by more than half), and make it accessible to anyone in the world – big and small players.

Q: What is the cap for your ICO and how did you come to choose that number? What do you think of unlimited ICO’s?
Our hard cap is $50 million USD, because that’s the amount we’ll need to complete the project to its full potential. I don’t agree with unlimited ICOs as they reflect the fact that there is no real business model behind them.

Q: If you successfully crowd sell with your ICO, where will your company be based?
The company is registered in Singapore, which is a major competitive advantage over potential competitors, because Singaporean authorities are much more business friendly than in the US or Europe. Therefore, we will move much faster in obtaining the necessary approvals or licenses than we would if we were based elsewhere.

Q: To what level of scrutiny do you feel ICO’s should be held to?
ChainTrade is fully transparent with its project, business plan, team, and administrative/legal aspects. I think all ICOs should have the same level of transparency, so that contributors to ICOs can choose what tokens to purchase in full knowledge.

Q: Do you have a background in conducting due diligence on crowdfunded projects?
Yes

Q: In addition to cybersecurity, what do you feel must be understood when performing due diligence on cryptoprojects?
The most important to understand is the business model and business perspectives of the company / project.

Q: What is your “bird’s eye view” of the blockchain industry as a whole. From what you’ve seen, what aspects of token crowdsales could be improved?
I wish that only pure blockchain projects would go to ICO. Today we see too many projects doing an ICO although they have nothing to do with the blockchain technology in the end (or they don’t need it).

Q: You’re clearly very passionate about the crypto space! Which projects are the most exciting to you?
TenX is the most exciting project to me, I’ve been following those guys for some time and I really like what they’re doing.

Q: What kind of blockchain projects would you like to see in the future?
I would like to see more revolutionary blockchain projects. At ChainTrade, our vision is to make food and raw materials trading accessible to anyone, anywhere, without barriers. I wish all projects would have a similar long term vision!

Q: What current proof of concepts has ChainTrade completed? What projects are in the pipeline?
We already have a working prototype of the platform, allowing to see the list of contracts, make an order, see the order book,… Next steps are to make it a scalable product, obtain a trading license from Singapore, and launch sales & marketing to attract buyers and sellers to the platform.

Q: Have you talked with any exchanges about their interested in enabling trading of your ChainTrade tokens?
Yes, we hope to list the CTC token on at least 2 exchanges by the end of November.
ChainTrade

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:32:56 AM

Great interview of ChainTrade by ICO Talk TV - explaining how we will change the world

https://youtu.be/71oH98WFBiY
punipuni7

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:45:26 PM

I have a question.
What is a merit of token holders?
ChainTrade

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:00:49 PM

I have a question.
What is a merit of token holders?

Hi punipuni7,
Token holders will be able to use the tokens to access the platform and pay the fees on each transaction, but also pay the fees to the "insurers" of the traders.
It is a utility token, so if the volumes increase on the platform, then more and more people will need to use it.
The supply of tokens is limited.
punipuni7

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:55:32 PM

I understand.
  Thx for your replay.
ChainTrade

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:36:08 AM

ChainTrade ICO is now live - Help us ensure better access to food and raw materials throughout the world!

Visit https://chaintrade.net
Jurgen

Activity: 378
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:43:13 PM

The Dutch announcement thread is now online:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2255050
ChainTrade

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:40:24 PM

Hi there, we just published our first ChainTrade blog post Smiley

https://medium.com/@ChainTrade/how-to-disrupt-a-2-trillion-usd-market-with-the-blockchain-c659be8e8e87

Extract:

How to Disrupt a 2-trillion USD Market with the Blockchain

The world is changing and ChainTrade, a trading platform for food and raw materials, is keeping pace with those changes by envisioning and pushing forward a brighter future.

ChainTrade is looking to break open the gates that hamper food producers, traders, metal producers etc., by moving the market to blockchain technology to create fair and equal access to basic resources around the world.

Currently many of the exchanges for food and raw materials are centralized. These monopolies tax sellers and buyers a high price of entry. This is can be destructive as demonstrated by the financial crisis of 2007 when purchases made by major investors led to tremendous increases on food and raw material prices.

As urban areas expand and farming space along with mining operations decrease, food and raw materials become more critical. This corresponds with the need for exchanges to be easily accessed by institutional investors and food producers, traders, and other stakeholders. ChainTrade will be ushering in new exchanges for these players.
Dedewahyu (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:48:06 AM

Hi there, we just published our first ChainTrade blog post Smiley

https://medium.com/@ChainTrade/how-to-disrupt-a-2-trillion-usd-market-with-the-blockchain-c659be8e8e87

Extract:

The world is changing and ChainTrade, a trading platform for food and raw materials, is keeping pace with those changes by envisioning and pushing forward a brighter future.

ChainTrade is looking to break open the gates that hamper food producers, traders, metal producers etc., by moving the market to blockchain technology to create fair and equal access to basic resources around the world.

Currently many of the exchanges for food and raw materials are centralized. These monopolies tax sellers and buyers a high price of entry. This is can be destructive as demonstrated by the financial crisis of 2007 when purchases made by major investors led to tremendous increases on food and raw material prices.

As urban areas expand and farming space along with mining operations decrease, food and raw materials become more critical. This corresponds with the need for exchanges to be easily accessed by institutional investors and food producers, traders, and other stakeholders. ChainTrade will be ushering in new exchanges for these players.

A History of ChainTrade

ChainTrade began in 2016 in Singapore as part of the successful Blue Tiger group. The company is led by CEO Vincent Jacques who began his career in investment banking and was the successful creator of startup Planorama which is valued at $25 million. The ChainTrade team includes other veterans of the financial world including a former strategy director of NYSE and Euronext and experienced blockchain developers. This strong staff is pushing ChainTrade forward at a tremendous rate.

ChainTrade aims to be backed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and has secured the services of prominent international law company Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP to ensure that the company is legally compliant.
The path to success is clear with an initial coin offering coming soon, a blockchain prototype already developed and a goal of securing 5% of the market share of global transactions for food and raw materials by 2020. Based on market research ChainTrade forecasts over 500 million transactions to occur by 2020. To sponsor the growth of the market the second phase of ChainTrade could be to extend into futures and options for equities, treasury bonds and other underlying financial utilities.

Blockchain and ChainTrade

By utilizing blockchain technology and smart contracts ChainTrade will simplify and standardized the market.
Blockchain technology is a new form of digital currency and ledger system that keeps track of purchases. Each transaction is given a date and time and is stamped into the chain, becoming another block. The blocks are encoded stopping it from being tampered with.

Every transaction is validated across a peer to peer network preventing duplication and double spending. The peer to peer network decentralizes the system preventing monopolies from arising. Blockchain technology clears out the need for regulatory bodies cutting down the cost of an exchange by at least 80%.

ChainTrade will use a blockchain based on the Ethereum network, which helps fuel the validation process. Ethereum is one of the largest cryptocurrencies in the world, almost overtaking the original cryptocurrency, Bitcoin.
Buying and selling Smart

The company will be using smart contracts to regulate trading. Made possible by the blockchain technology, smart contracts are a computer protocol that executes a contract. The smart contract can be seen by all the users on the blockchain making the entire process transparent. This prevents back and forth negotiations and approvals.

Smart contracts put users together so when one user wants to buy X amount of corn and a second user wants to sell X amount of corn the smart contract will put the buyer and seller in touch and automate the transaction. This creates faster transactions with less bureaucracy. Simply put smart contracts cut down on costs by making buying and selling more efficient.

Each contract is assigned arbitrators in case of the rare dispute as well. A dispute will be resolved within two weeks and most of the time within a few days. Each smart contract will have the arbitrators listed for buyers and sellers to review. Buyers and sellers will be able to engage in the market with their eyes wide open and will know exactly what they are getting into. This information is empowering and levels the playing field for all the players.

Getting in on the ground

ChainTrade is offering an ICO, or Initial Coin Offering, and is selling tokens to be used in its market. Initially valued at 1 Ethereum for 1,000 CTC (ChainTrade Coin) the ICO is a way for ChainTrade to gain funding and for the buyer to have real concrete value with the company. Because of the exchange between Ether and CTC, buyers will have a liquid asset making investment low risk and high reward.

The team plans to list the token on a variety of crypto exchanges including Poloniex and Bittrex. ChainTrade will be capping the number of tokens which incentivizes early investors. The token should continue to gain value as ChainTrade expands throughout the world.

Getting early access to tokens also means getting early access to transactions. Possibilities open for token holders to buy and sell. Early investors will get the chance to be the first people in a brand-new market with new more fair rules of play.

ChainTrade changing the World

ChainTrade will revolutionize the market in a big way paving a way for everyone to be involved in a free market. By using smart contract and blockchain technology the future of exchange for food and raw materials looks bright.

butcherboss

Activity: 338

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:14:03 AM

Looks like a really promising project   Wink
verb

Activity: 432

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:18:46 AM

i like what i'm reading. this seems like a promising projects from an established business. will do further research and decide what to do. thanks for posting all the details

▄▄███▄▄
    ▄▄███████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
    ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
        ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
            ▄█████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████