Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:38:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-05-31 Bloomberg BusinessWeek Video: Is Bitcoin's Future in Jeopardy?  (Read 1095 times)
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 02:29:52 AM

Coinsetter's Jaron Lukasiewicz, McAlvany Financial's David McAlvany and Bloomberg's Dominic Chu discuss the future of bitcoin with Trish Regan on Bloomberg Television's "Street Smart."

http://www.businessweek.com/videos/2013-05-31/is-bitcoins-future-in-jeopardy

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:01:23 AM

That was actually very bullish. And three interviewees who actually had some in-depth knowledge is a good sign. Bloomberg/BusinessWeek is taking Bitcoin very seriously now. That subliminal message is important to investors too.

BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:34:16 AM

A very good intro for biz folk. I love it when gloomy-sounding titles like this one turn out to be extremely bullish, and on bloomberg it's on the best stage.

I didn't like the answer given however for "How do we know there won't be more than 21 million?"

I would have gone with "It's open source, you can see it set to that number now, and a majority consensus would be needed for more to be made..."

Instead, he just said "It's the same security that banks today use online."   Ugh. How boring. Wink

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:58:28 PM

I found it especially interesting that McAlvany had a construcive attitude and unusually deep knowledge of technical Bitcoin details.  It shows that he's been investigating it thoroughly.  Why is that significant?  His wealth management firm is very well known in the goldbug community, it's a very conservative, multigenerational long-term planning business set up by his dad back in the 70s.  If they start including BTC in their asset mix, it would be quite an endorsement and might finally trigger the tipping point for the older generation of hard asset guys like Schiff/Pento/Maloney/etc.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 08:39:38 PM

I found it especially interesting that McAlvany had a construcive attitude and unusually deep knowledge of technical Bitcoin details.  It shows that he's been investigating it thoroughly.  Why is that significant?  His wealth management firm is very well known in the goldbug community, it's a very conservative, multigenerational long-term planning business set up by his dad back in the 70s.  If they start including BTC in their asset mix, it would be quite an endorsement and might finally trigger the tipping point for the older generation of hard asset guys like Schiff/Pento/Maloney/etc.

so true.

On Wednesday mornings I listen to his weekly podcast on my way to work.   He has been a dedicated yet frustrated gold bug for the last couple of years. Almost to the point of angry.

I truly expected him to give a negative opinion on Bitcoin given the skeptical look on his face while being the last to comment.

Needless to say I was thrilled when he came out positive AND knowledgeable about the technical side.

I don't believe he's ever mentioned Bitcoin.

Very very positive sign.

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 09:43:20 PM

so true.

On Wednesday mornings I listen to his weekly podcast on my way to work.   He has been a dedicated yet frustrated gold bug for the last couple of years. Almost to the point of angry.

I truly expected him to give a negative opinion on Bitcoin given the skeptical look on his face while being the last to comment.

Needless to say I was thrilled when he came out positive AND knowledgeable about the technical side.

I don't believe he's ever mentioned Bitcoin.

Very very positive sign.

I've listened to his podcast since it started, too.  And when I posted that link, I knew that you, of all the people here, would especially enjoy it.  Let's hope he follows through on a very promising start, and soon does a whole podcast episode on the Bitcoin topic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: